Jump to content
BettyD28

Saving Seats

Recommended Posts

 I think there is common etiquette that should be followed.  Trying to save 100 seats so every extended family member and friend you have ever known can sit together is BS.  I once had a father trying to save 20 rows get super mad that I dared sit in his imaginary kingdom that was over 50% empty.  I still consider that guy one of the biggest dopes I have ever ran across.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, doctorWrestling said:

 I think there is common etiquette that should be followed.  Trying to save 100 seats so every extended family member and friend you have ever known can sit together is BS.  I once had a father trying to save 20 rows get super mad that I dared sit in his imaginary kingdom that was over 50% empty.  I still consider that guy one of the biggest dopes I have ever ran across.

Totally agree there is common etiquette! I certainly won’t be like that guy saving a whole dang section! Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally 5 seats ok but rows is unacceptable.. people who get there early and stand in line should be able to sit anywhere and not be denied because someone is trying to save seats for people who feel they can get there whenever they want.. Just my honest opinion..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will save no more than 2 seats. If you want to be in the front get there early. 

 

I have been in the front row center mat of every state finals I’ve attended since I was a kid. Most seats I’ve ever saved was 5 and that was for nick lees family when he wrestled red.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have gone where people try to save rows and we still sit there.. people get mad but oh well they should've came early.. and sometimes the people they save seats for dont show up or decide to sit elsewhere..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the rush of trying to get seats low even when you’ve waited in line but would love even more to pay extra ahead of time to show up twenty minutes early and have a seat all ready. The IHSAA can have my money for that luxury!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, rpetty24 said:

I love the rush of trying to get seats low even when you’ve waited in line but would love even more to pay extra ahead of time to show up twenty minutes early and have a seat all ready. The IHSAA can have my money for that luxury!

Yep. 100%. Would pay more to have my assigned seat and show up when I want.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BClark said:

Yep. 100%. Would pay more to have my assigned seat and show up when I want.  

100% agree! Give it time... I bet they figure this out eventually! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

Just go straight to the balcony. That’s where the good seats are!!🤥

Honestly, Club Level isn’t too bad...nosebleeds on the other hand! 🙅🏼‍♀️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worst thing I've had happen is about five years ago my sons were sitting up high in the nosebleed section with their middle school wrestling friends. One of my sons was on the end of the row and got up to go to the bathroom. A guy sat in his seat despite my sons' friends telling him their friend was sitting there and just left for the bathroom. When my son got back he asked the guy if he could have his seat back, and the guy just told him seats aren't assigned and to move.

My sons moved down a few rows and a few of his teammates went with him. I went up and asked the guy why he had to have that one seat in that whole arena and why he was trying to bully middle school kids just looking to watch wrestling. He babbled on about how kids need to learn you can't save seats or something. I kindly told him he was a really good person and to have a lovely day...in words very similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BettyD28 said:

Totally agree there is common etiquette! I certainly won’t be like that guy saving a whole dang section! Lol

If common ettiquette is anything like common sense, I have very little faith it would be applied commonly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OSU vs PSU last week had GA balcony and lower level end zone seats, the rest was assigned. Maybe IHSAA could do a mixture, Club level and nosebleed GA, knock price up 20 bucks and make all lower bowl seats reserved seating.

I'm a corner club level by myself. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TripleB said:

OSU vs PSU last week had GA balcony and lower level end zone seats, the rest was assigned. Maybe IHSAA could do a mixture, Club level and nosebleed GA, knock price up 20 bucks and make all lower bowl seats reserved seating.

I'm a corner club level by myself. 

 

 

is space an issue or is it just a comfort/preference thing ?? 

I kid cuz I love ya buddy !!!!   and I am still mad you are not gonna be there this year instead wearing your required uniform in support of the daughter !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grappleapple said:

Worst thing I've had happen is about five years ago my sons were sitting up high in the nosebleed section with their middle school wrestling friends. One of my sons was on the end of the row and got up to go to the bathroom. A guy sat in his seat despite my sons' friends telling him their friend was sitting there and just left for the bathroom. When my son got back he asked the guy if he could have his seat back, and the guy just told him seats aren't assigned and to move.

My sons moved down a few rows and a few of his teammates went with him. I went up and asked the guy why he had to have that one seat in that whole arena and why he was trying to bully middle school kids just looking to watch wrestling. He babbled on about how kids need to learn you can't save seats or something. I kindly told him he was a really good person and to have a lovely day...in words very similar.

 I witnessed that exchange. You handled it a lot better than I would have. You were a gentleman. I wouldn’t have been. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't been to the finals since it was at Market Square Arena. How packed does it get at BLF? Do you have to get there super early on Sat morning to grab a couple seats in club level?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bed sheets & caution tape are way past common etiquette. When an event is GA and you want a good seat then show up early.

Seat saving should go no further than you sit in one & place your coat over another. Thus if you need 10 seats you then need 5 people there to save them. PERIOD!

Last week in E'ville, I arrived at 8:40 am. One particular team had about 6 students (they appeared to be wrestlers who didn't qualify) trying to save about 6 rows in the middle of the stadium. When I sat down, one of the kids came up & politely said this was their schools section. I simply pointed out that it was GA & schools didn't have appointed sections. The encounter ended there but I did witness him convince others to move on successfully. The area they were saving never got over half full.🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.