2024 Finals Location

awill0352

16 minutes ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

That was a very specific, colorful and descriptive review.  Very coercive,  I don't think I'll try it.

You can tell he is a very descriptive food critic. If he ever looses his job, he could land that position, food critic, at The Tribune

17 hours ago, 1prouddad said:

Not a fan. Sure a locally owned spot, but last time some 3-4 years ago was bad. Smelled like a 350# sweaty man's apartment. And food was below avg. Haven't been back. 

Did it happen to be Valentines Day 2019ish? Bc I was there, and over 350, and sweaty...

Just curious..lol....

8 hours ago, TripleB said:

Did it happen to be Valentines Day 2019ish? Bc I was there, and over 350, and sweaty...

Just curious..lol....

Couldn’t be, though you told everyone 275?

On 4/5/2023 at 6:27 PM, 1prouddad said:

You are in luck sir. There are 2 Popeyes here. One on 1st Ave and one in Paradise city(Newburgh) 

Now, give yourself atleast 30-45 for service while hoping your order is correct. Best chicken come from a gas station here and ill be glad to escoet ya there.

We do have a restaurant that claims to be "chicago food" as you speak of famous Portillas. Its meh as I'm a bit of a food critic and love my chicago dogs or Italian beefs(IYKYK) 

You talking about Crazy Bob's on Covert? My sister makes the drive across town for it and swears that it's worth possibly of getting mugged/robbed/car jacked for. I've never tried it myself.

On 4/7/2023 at 8:07 PM, Ahap88 said:

You talking about Crazy Bob's on Covert? My sister makes the drive across town for it and swears that it's worth possibly of getting mugged/robbed/car jacked for. I've never tried it myself.

That's the one. Crazy good chicken. 

Always hot, crispy and decent sides with it. 

On 4/5/2023 at 6:42 PM, GenHeavyHandz said:

I'm sorry besides Grandmaw Millie's Recipe to me Popeye's is Fried Chicken.  I don't typically indulge in gas station cuisine. Unless it's Casey's Pizza. Thanks for the suggestions.

Lost me at Popeyes fried chicken. 

That gas station chicken here has more standing in line on a day than Popeyes has in a week. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2023 at 12:46 PM, brickfor6 said:

Saw pizza mentioned and was intrigued. Never had this Pizza king that everyone speaks of...if we are choosing an IHSAA state location based upon who has the best pizza, Da Region is a no brainer. 

Right? @regionrat1 @ontherise219

Pizza King Pizza is very average.  Excellent Strombolis, however.  For good pizza, go to Turoni's. it's tried and true with 3 locations.  Evansville pizza is more typically like the thin Crust Chicago Tavern style, cut in squares.  

On 4/7/2023 at 8:07 PM, Ahap88 said:

Mugged/Robbed/Car Jacked around Covert & Boeke?  GTFO!

5 hours ago, SWINfan said:

Pizza King Pizza is very average.  Excellent Strombolis, however.  For good pizza, go to Turoni's. it's tried and true with 3 locations.  Evansville pizza is more typically like the thin Crust Chicago Tavern style, cut in squares.  

I live right next to the best pizza in the world, I probably won't be having pizza down there. Unless someone holds me hostage. lol What are those bags of chips that everyone raves about down there?

5 hours ago, brickfor6 said:

I live right next to the best pizza in the world, I probably won't be having pizza down there. Unless someone holds me hostage. lol What are those bags of chips that everyone raves about down there?

Excuse me, there are no houses next door to Papa's Pizza in Culver...

On 4/6/2023 at 12:46 PM, brickfor6 said:

Saw pizza mentioned and was intrigued. Never had this Pizza king that everyone speaks of...if we are choosing an IHSAA state location based upon who has the best pizza, Da Region is a no brainer. 

Right? @regionrat1 @ontherise219

Turonis pizza on north Main Street is the place to go.

On 4/12/2023 at 9:05 PM, AJ said:

Harrison and McCutchen were both coted out of the North Central Conference today...Next year will be there last year in the conference.

NCC will be down to 7 teams...

8 hours ago, brickfor6 said:

Just in case if I'm up in the Region and hungry,  what is the best pizza in the world? 

3 hours ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

Just in case if I'm up in the Region and hungry,  what is the best pizza in the world? 

This is tough. I'm a huge fan of Aurelio's, however, you have to do the original one in Homewood if you're going to do it right. I love Beggar's but may be in the minority there. Deep dish is not what most people from the Chicago-land area eat. It's a cool thing to get once or twice a year but not every time you get pizza.

18 minutes ago, Kyle Ayersman said:

This is tough. I'm a huge fan of Aurelio's, however, you have to do the original one in Homewood if you're going to do it right. I love Beggar's but may be in the minority there. Deep dish is not what most people from the Chicago-land area eat. It's a cool thing to get once or twice a year but not every time you get pizza.

My wife is from Chicago originally I believe she and her family would agree with all your points.

10 hours ago, Kyle Ayersman said:

I am a huge fan of Edwardos, house of pizza, and Gelsosomos. Best pizza is over the border in Chi. I am burnt out on this one but if you never had it you have to try JJs pizza shack: stuffed crust pizza.

13 hours ago, Wrestling Scholar said: