2024 Finals Location

awill0352

2 hours ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

Sounds really good on Los Tres Caminos.   But i keep hearing Pizza King and there's a lot of Pizza Kings around the state.  Is somehow Evansvilles's PIzza King better?

Not sure about any other pizza king but the one on St. Joe and Franklin is pretty damn good!

3 hours ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

But i keep hearing Pizza King and there's a lot of Pizza Kings around the state.  Is somehow Evansvilles's PIzza King better?

I don't think any two Pizza Kings are the same, there are a few up here in God's country and they are all drastically different, but usually solid.

35 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

I don't think any two Pizza Kings are the same, there are a few up here in God's country and they are all drastically different, but usually solid.

Here is the story on why a lot of the Pizza Kings are different from each other.

- Pizza King got its start as a small business in 1956. Wendell Swartz and his brother Bob opened the first location in Lafayette, Ind., where they developed the signature crust, sauce and toppings the restaurant is still known for today. 

But, after just a year, Wendell's brother decided he wanted to use a different business model. 

"So what they did was they divided the state," says Edward Bogan, growth and logistics director for Pizza King Inc. "Wendell took three-quarters of the state, and then his brother ended up getting roughly a quarter of it."

2 hours ago, Ahawkeye said:

Not sure about any other pizza king but the one on St. Joe and Franklin is pretty damn good!

It used to be awesome.  Haven't been there in probably 7-8 years because last time I was there the strom tasted like crap, the place was filthy and service was terrible

3 hours ago, ReformedPoster said:

It used to be awesome.  Haven't been there in probably 7-8 years because last time I was there the strom tasted like crap, the place was filthy and service was terrible

I'll admit it's never been that pretty and I've had some bad stroms there but lately they've done pretty good for me. I would call your order in and plan on 30 to 45 minutes wait time.

9 hours ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

But i keep hearing Pizza King and there's a lot of Pizza Kings around the state.  Is somehow Evansvilles's PIzza King better?

We have a Pizza Palace rather than just a King (same food company though). Since a Palace holds the entire royal family  I consider ours the best.  

Does Evansville have a Portillo’s and or Popeye’s: asking for a friend?? Are there any Aviaries or bird sanctuaries.  My owls, hawks, osprey, and falcons will need a place to stay. Can’t leave’em in Elkhart. Although I bet the vermin count is high here. The last time I went to Evansville I kept saying Zirklebach to everyone I saw. They knew Gabe but didn’t know why I kept saying Zirklebach.  They didn’t know but I was 17 and only knew German, French and Swahili: No Evansvillese.  So I thought if I said Zirklebach and nodded and tossed in a Weinzaple they would decipher what I was trying to convey. God knows I couldn’t cut thru the dialects.  I thought I was in West Virginia for a few hours. Side note. I went to Manchester College.  I ate more Pizza King than I’d like to admit over those 4 and a 1/2 years. Haven’t had a slice since 1996. That stuff should be handled by Hazmat.

Edited by GenHeavyHandz
Clarification

11 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Does Evansville have a Portillo’s and or Popeye’s: asking for a friend?? Are there any Aviaries or bird sanctuaries.  My owls, hawks, osprey, and falcons will need a place to stay. Can’t leave’em in Elkhart. Although I bet the vermin count is high here. The last time I went to Evansville I kept saying Zirklebach to everyone I saw. They knew Gabe but didn’t know why I kept saying Zirklebach.  They didn’t know but I was 17 and only knew German, French and Swahili: No Evansvillese.  So I thought if I said Zirklebach and nodded and tossed in a Weinzaple they would decipher what I was trying to convey. God knows I couldn’t cut thru the dialects.  I thought I was in West Virginia for a few hours. Side note. I went to Manchester College.  I ate more Pizza King than I’d like to admit over those 4 and a 1/2 years. Haven’t had a slice since 1996. That stuff should be handled by Hazmat.

You should have said Bellmont and waited to see what happened. 

1 hour ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Are there any Aviaries or bird sanctuaries.  My owls, hawks, osprey, and falcons will need a place to stay. Can’t leave’em in Elkhart. Although I bet the vermin count is high here. 

Not that I'm promoting Evansville, but on a cool sidenote, the famous naturalist John James Audobon lived across the River from Evansville in Henderson, KY.  He enjoyed eploring the woods in KY and Indiana searching for birds and made many sketches and paintings of birds in the  area.  They even have a state park named after him.  Maybe you're birds can hang out there while you enjoy wrestling next year.

1 hour ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

Not that I'm promoting Evansville, but on a cool sidenote, the famous naturalist John James Audobon lived across the River from Evansville in Henderson, KY.  He enjoyed eploring the woods in KY and Indiana searching for birds and made many sketches and paintings of birds in the  area.  They even have a state park named after him.  Maybe you're birds can hang out there while you enjoy wrestling next year.

Awesome I'll check'em out.

17 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

There is a Popeyes off of First Ave in Evansville. 

#BringBackTheTights

On 4/4/2023 at 9:15 AM, Cricket21 said:

After wrestling, Hilltop Inn is another great spot for hometown BBQ, Famous Brain Sandwiches, and $2 Busch Light fishbowls! 

#BringBackTheTights

Not a fan. Sure a locally owned spot, but last time some 3-4 years ago was bad. Smelled like a 350# sweaty man's apartment. And food was below avg. Haven't been back. 

On 4/4/2023 at 3:34 PM, GenHeavyHandz said:

You are in luck sir. There are 2 Popeyes here. One on 1st Ave and one in Paradise city(Newburgh) 

Now, give yourself atleast 30-45 for service while hoping your order is correct. Best chicken come from a gas station here and ill be glad to escoet ya there.

We do have a restaurant that claims to be "chicago food" as you speak of famous Portillas. Its meh as I'm a bit of a food critic and love my chicago dogs or Italian beefs(IYKYK) 

12 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

You are in luck sir. There are 2 Popeyes here. One on 1st Ave and one in Paradise city(Newburgh) 

Now, give yourself atleast 30-45 for service while hoping your order is correct. Best chicken come from a gas station here and ill be glad to escoet ya there.

We do have a restaurant that claims to be "chicago food" as you speak of famous Portillas. Its meh as I'm a bit of a food critic and love my chicago dogs or Italian beefs(IYKYK) 

I'm sorry besides Grandmaw Millie's Recipe to me Popeye's is Fried Chicken.  I don't typically indulge in gas station cuisine. Unless it's Casey's Pizza. Thanks for the suggestions.

44 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

Not a fan. Sure a locally owned spot, but last time some 3-4 years ago was bad. Smelled like a 350# sweaty man's apartment. And food was below avg. Haven't been back. 

Tony marx and marx bbq own it now.  I believe they have owned it a couple years.  Good place to eat.

1 hour ago, 1prouddad said:

That was a very specific, colorful and descriptive review.  Very coercive,  I don't think I'll try it.