Whose your schools most accomplished wrestler

20 hours ago, Trinedad said:

I don't go back too far for this, at Warren Central it would be either Brandon Wright, a 4-time finalist, 2-time champ, 2-time runner up, or Danny Williams a 2-time champ and 3-time semifinalist.

Brandon earned 2 runner-up and a championship at Cathedral. 

For Warren Central it WAS Danny Williams with his 3-1-1 until last week with Kyrell Leavell finshing up 3-1-3-1.  With three quarters of his work at Catherdral, Brandon Wright should be considered there, not WC.  Of course, in 2 years Waylon Cressel very well may Have 3 Indiana titles to take the WC belt.

6 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Garrett

Joe Caprino- created a cool website to talk about wrestling.

If this post were made 2 weeks it may be accurate.🤣 You should wrestle Chase for the title. 

Edited by Coplen187

On 2/23/2024 at 3:56 PM, The Hefty Lefty said:

For Warren Central it WAS Danny Williams with his 3-1-1 until last week with Kyrell Leavell finshing up 3-1-3-1.  With three quarters of his work at Catherdral, Brandon Wright should be considered there, not WC.  Of course, in 2 years Waylon Cressel very well may Have 3 Indiana titles to take the WC belt.

I will not refute any of what you said.

Penn High School

1- Sarah Hildebrandt too accolades to list

Bronze medal – third place2020 Tokyo50 kgWorld ChampionshipsSilver medal – second place2018 Budapest53 kgSilver medal – second place2021 Oslo50 kgBronze medal – third place2022 Belgrade50 kgBronze medal – third place2023 Belgrade50 kgPan American GamesGold medal – first place2019 Lima53 kgPan American ChampionshipsGold medal – first place2013 Panama City55 kgGold medal – first place2015 Santiago55 kgGold medal – first place2018 Lima53 kgGold medal – first place2019 Buenos Aires53 kgGold medal – first place2021 Guatemala City50 kgGold medal – first place2022 Acapulco50 kgGold medal – first place2023 Buenos Aires50 kgGolden Grand Prix Ivan Yarygin Gold medal – first place2019 Krasnoyarsk53 kgSilver medal – second place2017 Krasnoyarsk55 kg

2- Drew Hildebrandt

IHSAA 8th

IHSAA 6th

IHSAA 2nd

IHSAA 1st

3x NCAA Qualifier 2x All American  

11 hours ago, crosstownrivals said:

Penn High School

1- Sarah Hildebrandt too accolades to list

Bronze medal – third place2020 Tokyo50 kgWorld ChampionshipsSilver medal – second place2018 Budapest53 kgSilver medal – second place2021 Oslo50 kgBronze medal – third place2022 Belgrade50 kgBronze medal – third place2023 Belgrade50 kgPan American GamesGold medal – first place2019 Lima53 kgPan American ChampionshipsGold medal – first place2013 Panama City55 kgGold medal – first place2015 Santiago55 kgGold medal – first place2018 Lima53 kgGold medal – first place2019 Buenos Aires53 kgGold medal – first place2021 Guatemala City50 kgGold medal – first place2022 Acapulco50 kgGold medal – first place2023 Buenos Aires50 kgGolden Grand Prix Ivan Yarygin Gold medal – first place2019 Krasnoyarsk53 kgSilver medal – second place2017 Krasnoyarsk55 kg

2- Drew Hildebrandt

IHSAA 8th

IHSAA 6th

IHSAA 2nd

IHSAA 1st

3x NCAA Qualifier 2x All American  

Sarah also at least a 2 time WCWA national champion . 

On 2/22/2024 at 9:36 AM, maligned said:

Goshen:

Our only champ was Dave Edlund in 1974--50 years ago this season.

Also 3rd his sophomore year.

(Bonus points for having 2 sons at state later.)

Best I ever watched was Joe Piwoszkin, our only 3-time placer.

Dropped a last-second semi-final decision in 2004 to all-time big-guy great, Chris Kasten, for his only loss that season.

Shout-outs also to Gerardo Quiroz, Schuyler Barkes, and Jim Hoke, who are the other 3 in my 35 seasons of following high school wrestling that could have won state on the right day.

IHSAA state champion at 185 pounds (’78)

IHSAA third-place finish (’76)

Evansville Central has had its share of champions, but the most accomplished:

James Brimm--4th-3rd-6th-Champion, 1996

153-7

and/or

Destiny Garris--3X Champ--2017, 2018, 2020

Also in the mix--Anthony Williams--Champion and multiple time placer, Isaiah Kemper--all time leader in wins, 3X qualifier and placer, NCAA DII ALL AMERICAN

Columbus North

Orrin Kleinhenz

Sophomore 189#  34-12  state Qualifier

Junior 189# 37-8 state runner up. All his losses this year came from Heath VanDeventer.

Senior 189# 49-0 State Champ.

Thadeus Douglas-The always under weight takedown machine. If they kept the 98# weight class I would be righting different stats down.

Senior 103#  3rd

Fargo Greco 7th

Fargo Greco 6th

17 hours ago, gobears said:

Evansville Central has had its share of champions, but the most accomplished:

James Brimm--4th-3rd-6th-Champion, 1996

153-7

and/or

Destiny Garris--3X Champ--2017, 2018, 2020

Also in the mix--Anthony Williams--Champion and multiple time placer, Isaiah Kemper--all time leader in wins, 3X qualifier and placer, NCAA DII ALL AMERICAN

Brendan Kelly was way better than Williams or Kemper.  He's #2 behind Brimm

1 hour ago, Rugger44 said:

Columbus North

Orrin Kleinhenz

Sophomore 189#  34-12  state Qualifier

Junior 189# 37-8 state runner up. All his losses this year came from Heath VanDeventer.

Senior 189# 49-0 State Champ.

Thadeus Douglas-The always under weight takedown machine. If they kept the 98# weight class I would be righting different stats down.

Senior 103#  3rd

Fargo Greco 7th

Fargo Greco 6th

Are you sure Orrin didn’t lose to one other wrestler his junior year?

1 hour ago, piscis1956 said:

Are you sure Orrin didn’t lose to one other wrestler his junior year?

I Counted 7 times they wrestled Bloomington North that year so he may have lost to someone else. Do you know who it would have been?

1 hour ago, Rugger44 said:

I Counted 7 times they wrestled Bloomington North that year so he may have lost to someone else. Do you know who it would have been?

I believe it was a in-season loss to Matt Whyde, who he would later beat on Friday night at state on route to his runner-up finish.

Edited by piscis1956

49 minutes ago, piscis1956 said:

I believe it was a in-season loss to Matt Whyde, who he would later beat on Friday night at state on route to his runner-up finish.

Where was Matt Whyde from?

You could be thinking of Kyle Nehring.

Loss vs. Trevor Moe( Garrett) Dec 5-2 (Edit)
Win vs. Kevin Zehr( Leo) Fall 2:56 (Edit)
Win vs. Patrick Rigdon( Boone Grove) Fall 4:40 (Edit)
Win vs. Sam Elmore( Indianapolis Cardinal Ritter) Dec 10-8 (Edit)
Loss vs. Heath VanDeventer( Bloomington North) Dec 5-1 (Edit)
Win vs. Michael Burke( Yorktown) Fall 1:08 (Edit)
Win vs. Danny Goff( Zionsville) Dec 5-2 (Edit)
Win vs. Eric Jones( Peru) Fall 3:10 (Edit)
Win vs. Kenneth Caldwell( Union County) Dec 11-5 (Edit)

Edited by Rugger44