Most Impressive over the holiday

45 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Not disputing the IHPO, or IHPO results . 

These rankings are based on “Season Results” that count towards that. 

I’ll put Horn above Dickman on P4P rankings because it was out of season win. Horn beat (Fargo All-American) out of HS season tournament congrats . 

In HS Season Dickman HS results are Facts, he’s #1 HS wrestler in Indiana at 106 .  
Can’t dispute the resume he’s building . 

Let me start by saying both are absolute phenomenal wrestlers. So not taking anything away from anyone. I never do that. But to my knowledge, and I can be corrected by the rankers. It is off season and in season results, along with a total resume that the rankings are based on. 

Yes a very tough in season schedule is going to benefit wrestlers and give them more opportunities to “prove” themselves. But… just because a wrestler doesn’t get to meet national level wrestlers in their schedule doesn’t mean he hasn’t earned his recognition if the wrestler is able to prove themselves at all opportunities in front of them including off-season.

57 minutes ago, aoberlin said:

Let me start by saying both are absolute phenomenal wrestlers. So not taking anything away from anyone. I never do that. But to my knowledge, and I can be corrected by the rankers. It is off season and in season results, along with a total resume that the rankings are based on. 

Yes a very tough in season schedule is going to benefit wrestlers and give them more opportunities to “prove” themselves. But… just because a wrestler doesn’t get to meet national level wrestlers in their schedule doesn’t mean he hasn’t earned his recognition if the wrestler is able to prove themselves at all opportunities in front of them including off-season.

Head to head before the season ihpo, grappler, Outland and super32 have big weight. Usually a #1 has to lose it, but man Dickman will be battle tested iron man carnahan and brecksville and battled at all. A case can be made for Dickman especially after watching Rouix dominate the mater dei classic. 

The same could be said for Bollinger too 

1 hour ago, aoberlin said:

Yes a very tough in season schedule is going to benefit wrestlers and give them more opportunities to “prove” themselves. But… just because a wrestler doesn’t get to meet national level wrestlers in their schedule doesn’t mean he hasn’t earned his recognition if the wrestler is able to prove themselves at all opportunities in front of them including off-season

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon 

I’m Done ! 

“Ironman Placer”…… and not Ranked #1 

Keaton Morton of Perry Meridian is wrestling with a different mentality right now. He’s currently ranked 16th in the state at 132 lbs. as a two-time state qualifier. His lone loss this season is a 9-7 decision to returning state champion Kyrel Leavell of Warren Central. He ran the table at the Mater Dei Holiday Classic this past week racking up two bonus point victories with a first round fall followed by a technical fall in the quarterfinals; he would go on to receive a forfeit in the semifinals which pushed him to the finals where he beat fifth-ranked Coy Hammack of Tell City in a 7-4 decision. He is going to surprise a lot of people as the postseason rolls around.

9 hours ago, blueandgold said:

Keaton Morton of Perry Meridian is wrestling with a different mentality right now. He’s currently ranked 16th in the state at 132 lbs. as a two-time state qualifier. His lone loss this season is a 9-7 decision to returning state champion Kyrel Leavell of Warren Central. He ran the table at the Mater Dei Holiday Classic this past week racking up two bonus point victories with a first round fall followed by a technical fall in the quarterfinals; he would go on to receive a forfeit in the semifinals which pushed him to the finals where he beat fifth-ranked Coy Hammack of Tell City in a 7-4 decision. He is going to surprise a lot of people as the postseason rolls around.

He looked great.

Keaton has been surprising people in the first, second, and third periods for a while.

On 1/1/2023 at 8:50 AM, Thor said:

Stop, you’re just being biased. Both kids toed the line right before the season and Horn won and earned the number one spot. Horn has not lost since, how does he deserve to drop? 

Horn isn’t going to lose. Have you seen how big he has gotten. Kid is a monster. Hopefully we get to see Horn vs Dickman under the lights. It will be a good one for sure!

On 12/31/2022 at 6:42 PM, IndianaWrestlingGuy1 said:

Put another McGinley in mix. Max McG's coming out party. Everything is better when a McGinley is wrestling well for the Irish. 

Any relation to Pat McGinley from mid 90's Cathedral?  I wrestled him a few times back in the day...Good wrestler...tough match every time.  I think I went 1-2 against him.

On 1/1/2023 at 8:50 AM, Thor said:

Stop, you’re just being biased. Both kids toed the line right before the season and Horn won and earned the number one spot. Horn has not lost since, how does he deserve to drop? 

Nope, Not today. If he were wearing Purple or Red and White we wouldn't being hearing complaints.  You can't drop someone who hasn't lost.  As I'm often told when someone I think should be ranked: gotta beat them when it matters.  Nothing new here the rankings have been based off the IHPO results for years now.  And at 106 with no returning state placers.....Horn get's the nod.  And he deserves it he is a phenom.  That being said Rev, Rioux, Bollinger, and Ocampo,  all get a shot at the title and i wouldn't count either of them out.

1 hour ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Nope, Not today. If he were wearing Purple or Red and White we wouldn't being hearing complaints.  You can't drop someone who hasn't lost.  As I'm often told when someone I think should be ranked: gotta beat them when it matters.  Nothing new here the rankings have been based off the IHPO results for years now.  And at 106 with no returning state placers.....Horn get's the nod.  And he deserves it he is a phenom.  That being said Rev, Rioux, Bollinger, and Ocampo,  all get a shot at the title and i wouldn't count either of them out.

Welcome back general 🫡

14 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Obviously… like most people on here you don’t know how hard it is to place or even win a match at the Ironman . I get it, it’s a brand new tournament to go to for Indiana Teams & Wrestlers.

For the record, and hear me out on this . This tournament is an INVITE only tournament. It’s the premier HS in season tournament to go to . Everyone knows this if you follow the sport .

Am I the only one in Indiana that gets this ? Maybe one day Indiana will open its eyes to this and sees what I’m saying . 

Then we talk about IHPO, yes it’s a great tournament for this region of wrestling it helps with the rankings for Indiana but it don’t scratch the surface of the Ironman prestigious and what it brings . PERIOD ! 

I’ll stop and leave everyone with this

IHPO was before season IHSAA Wrestling open its Boarders to see where your wrestlers at . Top 4 get to go to Super 32 . How we do there, We seen the results for the preseason/Season rankings are posted to and up to that point . 

Then …. We come to  IHSAA blessed us with The Premier National Tournament & we get to go it . The prestigious Ironman is the now the present for IHSAA Wrestling during High school season has already started . This is where Indiana Rankings should change . Indiana wrestlers did great with Multiple placers .

How about we reward those Indiana Wrestlers with the credit they deserve while representing their schools and Indiana Wrestling with the recognition they deserve ? 
Place or Win Ironman they deserve #1 . 

Done ! 
Drop The Mic GIF by In Real Life

Edited by TeamGarcia
Spell check

9 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Obviously… like most people on here you don’t know how hard it is to place or even win a match at the Ironman . I get it, it’s a brand new tournament to go to for Indiana Teams & Wrestlers.

For the record, and hear me out on this . This tournament is an INVITE only tournament. It’s the premier HS in season tournament to go to . Everyone knows this if you follow the sport .

Am I the only one in Indiana that gets this ? Maybe one day Indiana will open its eyes to this and sees what I’m saying . 

Then we talk about IHPO, yes it’s a great tournament for this region of wrestling it helps with the rankings for Indiana but it don’t scratch the surface of the Ironman prestigious and what it brings . PERIOD ! 

IHPO was before season IHSAA Wrestling open its Boarders to see where your wrestlers at . Top 4 get to go to Super 32 . How we do there, We seen the results for the preseason/Season rankings are posted to and up to that point . 

Then …. We come to  IHSAA blessed us with The Premier National Tournament & we get to go it . The prestigious Ironman is the now the present for IHSAA Wrestling during High school season has already started . This is where Indiana Rankings should change . Indiana wrestlers did great with Multiple placers .

How about we reward those Indiana Wrestlers with the credit they deserve while representing their schools and Indiana Wrestling with the recognition they deserve ? 

Done ! 

Can this guys account get blocked?  

12 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Done ! 

Makes sense... Unless there's a recent head-to-head result.

2 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Been there, done that . Not the first or the last . You can easily do that to anyone here . Just visit my screen page and hit block . 

Thanks 😊 

Sweet, didn't know the site had that function. Gonna be much more readable now. Now I can read threads without Brownsburg parents invading every single topic. 

35 minutes ago, Thor said:

Sweet, didn't know the site had that function. Gonna be much more readable now. Now I can read threads without Brownsburg parents invading every single topic. 

It's almost insufferable.  Makes me want to root for the Red and White bulldogs should they match up with the Purple bulldogs

52 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Done ! 

It’s not mic drop. Kids placed at Fargo and lost to Indiana kids after at tournaments like IHPO . I’m not questioning if the kids are talented or not but your before season justification is wrong. For Example we have Super 32 placers losing in season to Indiana kids who won’t get the invite to Ironman. It’s wrestling and every week it can change. Most top kids are one mistake away from being on the wrong side of that. Post season will bring some exciting matches and kids will get a chance to prove themselves and looking forward to it. 

17 minutes ago, JORVILLE said:

It’s not mic drop. Kids placed at Fargo and lost to Indiana kids after at tournaments like IHPO . I’m not questioning if the kids are talented or not but your before season justification is wrong. For Example we have Super 32 placers losing in season to Indiana kids who won’t get the invite to Ironman. It’s wrestling and every week it can change. Most top kids are one mistake away from being on the wrong side of that. Post season will bring some exciting matches and kids will get a chance to prove themselves and looking forward to it. 

My mic has/is dropped . My mic has Turn off by some sensitive posters on here that don’t like what they see to read . I gave them an options as a friend . Just my opinion. 

Well this makes @ontherise219 job real easy then. Since us silly Indiana people just can't seem to grasp how hard Ironman is and we just have never left our state walls or been to national level tournaments.  Anytime someone places or heck even wins a match at Ironman they should be ranked #1 in the state and everyone else in Indiana shouldn't even bother trying at that weight. The kid is phenom and so is Layne. It was a 1 point match last time they wrestled. It will probably be close again when and if they meet. One is ranked 1st the other 2nd both very well earned rankings. @TeamGarcia I usually like reading your posts because they are fun. Right now you coming off like you are talking down to the wrestling community like we are clueless. We are all obsessed over this sport and most know just how awesome it is for some of our Indiana kids to compete in the Ironman. Heck I am sure some of us are jealous our programs or wrestlers can't get the golden ticket. But there is no reason to rub that in the faces of other fans, coaches, and athletes. You may not mean it to come off that way or you might. I don't know you enough to tell. But either way that is how it is perceived. 

1 hour ago, TeamGarcia said:

Done ! 

What place did Yarrbarrow get at Ironman? Who did he beat to get there?

Oh yeah. Horn beat Yarrbarrow 3-0. Just stating the facts. 🎤