Most Impressive over the holiday

3 minutes ago, busstogate said:

Is it too much to ask to have some kind of season-ending tournament to see if the rankings are of any use?  This might be a bit much to reconcile, but I would gladly welcome a crumb of humoring.

Now imagine we were a classed state.......

John Turturro Uncertainty GIF by MOODMAN

37 minutes ago, aoberlin said:

Well this makes @ontherise219 job real easy then. Since us silly Indiana people just can't seem to grasp how hard Ironman is and we just have never left our state walls or been to national level tournaments.  Anytime someone places or heck even wins a match at Ironman they should be ranked #1 in the state and everyone else in Indiana shouldn't even bother trying at that weight. The kid is phenom and so is Layne. It was a 1 point match last time they wrestled. It will probably be close again when and if they meet. One is ranked 1st the other 2nd both very well earned rankings. @TeamGarcia I usually like reading your posts because they are fun. Right now you coming off like you are talking down to the wrestling community like we are clueless. We are all obsessed over this sport and most know just how awesome it is for some of our Indiana kids to compete in the Ironman. Heck I am sure some of us are jealous our programs or wrestler can't get the golden ticket. But there is no reason to rub that in the faces of other fans, coaches, and athletes. You may not mean it to come off that way or you might. I don't know you enough to tell. But either way that is how it is perceived. 

Well… I agree and disagree . That’s just me . If i offended anyone . I’m sorry. If you agree with me, so be it .  

1 hour ago, busstogate said:

Is it too much to ask to have some kind of season-ending tournament to see if the rankings are of any use?  This might be a bit much to reconcile, but I would gladly welcome a crumb of humoring.

It's in the works, give us time. We are thinking of calling it THE State, does that sound cool or what?

4 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Well… I agree and disagree . That’s just me . If i offended anyone . I’m sorry. If you agree with me, so be it .  

I enjoy your post. THEY ARE OPINIONS. We all got them. A flaw with the invite only and maybe it was just this year is most of these invites were sent before we (Indiana)were allowed to travel.

I am trying to figure out how to have gotten into it? I know Our Ad reached out and they were full at that point.Looking at the IRONMAN it can not  have been a single person invite or a whole team but a request by request to get in before it filled up. Joey wrestled a lot kids this offseason this offseason and beat kids that were there @132.

-Donovan Allen from Marist, Illinois- IHPO

-Billy Greenwood from Poudre, Colorado US open was also ranked #20 in the country at the start of the season

-Dylan Rhodes from Louisville, Ohio State ranked #7 IHPO Finalist

Maybe some others did not run through all of them.

and some others at different weights

also an L from #2 Cael Hughes

I think next year will be a good year for those guys from Indiana that are able to get in. Might be helpful to see how an individual like Carrol can get an invite. maybe there is a process to get looked at so an individual or a team could go.

This is a great Discussion. I do want to remind everyone that the rankings are not predictions. 

I love that we have a place to debate and state our opinions. 

with that being said both are incredibly talented and Revin Dickman with out a doubt will Be Battled tested and anyone that watches Gorilla radio knows i am huge fan of the tough schedule. 

Back to the original topic, I believe Tell City placing 3rd at the Mater Dei Holiday Classic, behind Union County and Mater Dei, is an impressive accomplishment, considering the size of our school to many others on the list. We are looking forward to 1A Team State this weekend!

IMG_3183.jpeg

6 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

Obviously… like most people on here you don’t know how hard it is to place or even win a match at the Ironman . I get it, it’s a brand new tournament to go to for Indiana Teams & Wrestlers.

For the record, and hear me out on this . This tournament is an INVITE only tournament. It’s the premier HS in season tournament to go to . Everyone knows this if you follow the sport .

Am I the only one in Indiana that gets this ? Maybe one day Indiana will open its eyes to this and sees what I’m saying . 

Then we talk about IHPO, yes it’s a great tournament for this region of wrestling it helps with the rankings for Indiana but it don’t scratch the surface of the Ironman prestigious and what it brings . PERIOD ! 

I’ll stop and leave everyone with this

IHPO was before season IHSAA Wrestling open its Boarders to see where your wrestlers at . Top 4 get to go to Super 32 . How we do there, We seen the results for the preseason/Season rankings are posted to and up to that point . 

Then …. We come to  IHSAA blessed us with The Premier National Tournament & we get to go it . The prestigious Ironman is the now the present for IHSAA Wrestling during High school season has already started . This is where Indiana Rankings should change . Indiana wrestlers did great with Multiple placers .

How about we reward those Indiana Wrestlers with the credit they deserve while representing their schools and Indiana Wrestling with the recognition they deserve ? 
Place or Win Ironman they deserve #1 . 

Done ! 
Drop The Mic GIF by In Real Life

Give that man a tissue...in my very bad John Malkoich bad russian accent

2 hours ago, Justin Ratliff said:

Why are you tagging me on wins & loses ? When I haven’t once mentioned any wins & loses in my posts . I’m just giving interesting facts about a tournament that is new to some in Indiana HS Wrestling and the obvious new posters . 

I am at a loss that one of favorite Indianamat Avengers is upset with me . He may carry a badass Hammer & Ax . If anyone can get in touch with him tell him . I know his weakness . 

6 hours ago, Thor said:

Sweet, didn't know the site had that function. Gonna be much more readable now. Now I can read threads without Brownsburg parents invading every single topic. 

@ThorI don't believe any parents of current wrestlers have posted in this thread until my reply here. Mr. Garcia's sons have graduated and attend UIndy... Now, we could incite @Mattyb to get fired up on this thread...

Ranking wrestlers is going to get more difficult in the future as the Crown Point and Brownsburg Bulldogs seek out of state opportunites and likely other teams will follow. These wrestlers will take losses against teams like Stillwater, Lake Highland Prep, Wyoming Seminary, Malvern Prep, Mt Carmel, Detroit Catholic, etc, etc. How will Mike rank some of those kids with a few losses, but placing, in IronMan, PowerAde, Cheesehead, etc. against nationally ranked competition vs. other Indiana wrestlers that have perfect records but haven't wrestled national level competition? Will be interesting to watch over the next few years for sure...

Definitely wasn't expecting this forum to get this salty prior to Team State...

The IronMan was truly a gauntlet. If you are so inclined and are a true HS wrestling aficionado, I'd recommend anyone to attend that two day bruiser -- incredible athletes with college coaches everywhere watching their current and future recruits. Pretty impressive. This was the first and last trip for the Joneses to the Ironman as we will be staking the homestead at Kinnick Stadium the next few years...

14 minutes ago, indypharmd said:

@ThorI don't believe any parents of current wrestlers have posted in this thread until my reply here. Mr. Garcia's sons have graduated and attend UIndy... Now, we could incite @Mattyb to get fired up on this thread...

MattyB won’t touch this argument! Love everyone involved. Had many beers had with most debaters, and the two wrestlers families. Even have cornered both kids. I never debate rankings or make predictions.

They (The Garcias) actually attend Marian Marshall. We should see Asa in the line up this semester!! 

And… @tigrreapr56 (Kenny).. more then welcome to heat dem babies up at casa de MattyB also!!! I know you bring that 🔥🔥🔥

Can’t wait for this weekend…. Good luck to all wrestlers, coaches and parents! 

Edited by Mattyb

51 minutes ago, brettlow said:

Give that man a tissue...in my very bad John Malkoich bad russian accent

You must be talking to the 2 posters that I know of that have blocked The Notorious One for stating facts about a tournament . Let’s give them a tissue . Who else needs one ? 

So Excited Reaction GIF 

you get a tissue … you get a tissue … you get a tissue 

Notorious has returned 😂

22 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

You must be talking to the 2 posters that I know of that have blocked The Notorious One for stating facts about a tournament . Let’s give them a tissue . Who else needs one ? 

So Excited Reaction GIF 

you get a tissue … you get a tissue … you get a tissue 

Notorious has returned 😂

I'm serious, as I don't track individuals records, did either 2 that you were arguing beat an St Ed's or Graham kid? Need to know if I should call an Yappi folks out!

5 minutes ago, casualwrestlingfan said:

I'm serious, as I don't track individuals records, did either 2 that you were arguing beat an St Ed's or Graham kid? Need to know if I should call an Yappi folks out!

Who’s arguing ? and I don’t talk about kids wins & loses on here . This is Indiana HS Wrestling and prolly 99% of the People don’t follow or care about Ohio wrestlers on Ohio teams. Why are you tagging Notorious ? 

3 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Who’s arguing ? and I don’t talk about kids wins & loses on here . This is Indiana HS Wrestling and prolly 99% of the People don’t follow or care about Ohio wrestlers on Ohio teams. Why are you tagging Notorious ? 

You & others over a #1 ranking in Indiana. I'm told Ohio sports are more competitive than Indiana, especially football & wrestling. If either are #1, then they'd have wins over Graham and St Ed's kids per Ohio folks.