State Tickets - Dumb

TripleB

I remember a commercial the new Ihsaa president was in and he said “this year is about bringing back the fans to Ihsaa athletics!”  And this is what we get again!  Bobby Cox please come back, we need someone that actually cares about the wrestling fans, not just the parents that are there to watch 1 kid and then leave!  Some of us like to watch all of it…sell an all session ticket!!!  If I don’t show up, who cares, you got my money!!

If this is the trade off for getting Reserved seating, I will take it. It is a step in the right direction in my eyes and hopefully can be tweaked in the future after this year to make it better for everyone involved. 

I personally would like to see the IHSAA set aside some seats for the parents of the wrestlers in the Finals Saturday night. An accomplishment that great deserves a front row seat for them to watch.

5 hours ago, Neccdad said:

I remember a commercial the new Ihsaa president was in and he said “this year is about bringing back the fans to Ihsaa athletics!”  And this is what we get again!  Bobby Cox please come back, we need someone that actually cares about the wrestling fans, not just the parents that are there to watch 1 kid and then leave!  Some of us like to watch all of it…sell an all session ticket!!!  If I don’t show up, who cares, you got my money!!t

5 hours ago, Neccdad said:

I remember a commercial the new Ihsaa president was in and he said “this year is about bringing back the fans to Ihsaa athletics!”  And this is what we get again!  Bobby Cox please come back, we need someone that actually cares about the wrestling fans, not just the parents that are there to watch 1 kid and then leave!  Some of us like to watch all of it…sell an all session ticket!!!  If I don’t show up, who cares, you got my money!!

There isn’t a limit on fans this t

year.  This is what the field house wanted so you couldn’t save seats

XCard, they did that a few years ago when my son was wrestling for Wabash at the DIII Nationals.  They had the families sitting mat side during the Championship matches under the lights.  It was really cool to see the families cheering and going crazy right next to the mat.  That was the year Darden Shurg from CP won the whole thing!!

Edited by Bulldog89

This may have been stated, have the lower level for reserved seating then have the next level for General admission this way your "crowd" could still sit together. It could be worked out by Gainbridge / IHSAA to have select seating for families of wrestlers in the final rounds both consolations and championships. I think that would be absolutely awesome have the teams in the bottom level and family in the front. 

1 hour ago, SharkBit said:

So given all of this criteria to follow to purchase tickets...is there a way for a group to be able to sit together?  Or will all the parents and fans from all schools going to be scattered all over?

Everyone everywhere, first come, first serve. Better get them finger typing skills going . Almost like buying a pair of Jordans online sites . 

Man this really stinks. The IHSAA really fumbled this one... 🙁

I understand their want to move away from GA seating & into reserved but this was poorly thought out...

Opportunities for improvement next year:

- There should be an option for an all session pass that can be purchased on Wednesday or when sales first start. Stinks for fans wanting to attend all sessions to have to buy tickets twice, pay ticket master service fees twice, etc.

- Allow for schools to buy blocks of seating in advance (50-100 Tix more if needed) so the school can sell them to their parents, fans, etc. So that programs can still have their "blocks" & sit together 

Just my $0.02

2 hours ago, RocksFan said:

I’m confused on why there would be any restrictions on tickets this year? I just attended a concert last weekend at Gainbridge, and it was 100% capacity. Why restrict some events and not others.. makes no sense too me. Open it all the way up 100%

There aren't restrictions. They are just making it a race and an upcharge online for reserved seating, instead of the race at the door with general admission.

Had to cancel our trip for middle schoolers to go. We can’t take a bus of kids and have them all spread out over the arena. It’s stupid! 

Kids that made it get to buy tickets today. Kids that came up short have to buy random seats around the arena. Teams will not be able to sit together. What kid wants to go sit by themselves all weekend while thinking… “I wish I would have done better and made it here! But.. a least I get to sit with my team…… oh wait…”

dumb.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.