2024 Finals Location

awill0352

I haven't been to either Fort Wayne or Ford Center so a couple questions

1.)  Do the locations have general admission tickets for sale?  If not and it's done online can you purchase it in advance?  

Staying up until 1am to get a ticket is really annoying.

2.)  Is the Ford Center really that cold or is this being exaggerated?

3.)  What is the seating capacity and how are the sightlines to watch at each venue?  

Thanks everyone

5 minutes ago, Brandon Sandefur said:

I haven't been to either Fort Wayne or Ford Center so a couple questions

1.)  Do the locations have general admission tickets for sale?  If not and it's done online can you purchase it in advance?  

Staying up until 1am to get a ticket is really annoying.

3.)  What is the seating capacity and how are the sightlines to watch at each venue?  

Thanks everyone

1. The ticket stuff will be fixed this year per Robert Faulkens. That was likely a server issue as they didn't expect to have that much demand and were not prepared.

2. No clue

3. Both are around 10,000 in a hockey setup. Both are basically a smaller version of Gainbridge Fieldhouse with great views no matter where you are.

I'd love to see it in Evansville!  Would travel 6 hrs north to be there!  Now if I can only get Suite Access like I have been able to in the past for SS.  

One thing that could be beneficial, is the odds are good weather will be better in Evansville.  Obviously no guarantee, but at that time of year, I'd rather take my chances in E'ville than FW.  That said, I about froze my cajones off at Xmas in Evansville this year!!

3 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

1. The ticket stuff will be fixed this year per Robert Faulkens. That was likely a server issue as they didn't expect to have that much demand and were not prepared.

2. No clue

3. Both are around 10,000 in a hockey setup. Both are basically a smaller version of Gainbridge Fieldhouse with great views no matter where you are.

Ticketmaster couldn’t handle the IHSAA Wrestling finals? I call BS

7 hours ago, RAJR said:

Makes sense. Not much demand for Pacers tickets. I mean, heck, a 286 server coulld handle that! 😃

It does appear now that everything is on the actual TicketMaster website this year based on the state finals ticket sales for basketball. Wrestling is no Taylor Swift, so I think we should be able to obtain tickets without much hassle this year.

The Cold thing is exaggerated. 

Actually hold on, I'm 100lbs lighter this year, let me get back to you on that.....

My old brittle bones can't handle the cold weather anymore, not sure how you skinny people survive. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Ahawkeye said:

Anything new on this?

Only thing i know is that it will be ridiculously full at either FW Coliseum or Evansville Ford Center.  Coliseum looks like 13,000 while Ford Center 10,000 capacity.

#TicketGate2024.......you heard it here first.

19 minutes ago, rookie78 said:

Only thing i know is that it will be ridiculously full at either FW Coliseum or Evansville Ford Center.  Coliseum looks like 13,000 while Ford Center 10,000 capacity.

#TicketGate2024.......you heard it here first.

7B63F35F-92A8-4F76-AA17-AF7381EA13D4.thumb.jpeg.92d42edd4c0874123b656266fd6e9805.jpeg

On 2/1/2023 at 3:22 PM, Brandon Sandefur said:

Not exaggerated. When the crowd thinned out by finals time, I put my coat back on. After all, there is ice below the floor.

On 2/2/2023 at 8:44 AM, TripleB said:

Actually hold on, I'm 100lbs lighter this year, let me get back to you on that.....

My old brittle bones can't handle the cold weather anymore, not sure how you skinny people survive. 

Let's take a sec to recognize being down 100lbs! Nice work!

On 2/2/2023 at 8:44 AM, TripleB said:

So 100 down. Do we call you “DoubleB” now? How’s that work.  

On 2/14/2023 at 9:04 PM, Gasman said:

Any updates? I know that they said it would be announced the week of state. 

Per what was said last weekend at the bracket reveal show it seemed they were a couple weeks away from an announcement. There are many loose ends to be tied up and a couple other potential hosts have jumped into the conversation. The IHSAA is doing their due diligence on this and selecting the best possible location for everyone.

16 minutes ago, navy80 said:

Indiana University would be an ideal location.. seats more than the Ford Center and closer for the North teams.

I posted this last night and just got brushed over. Idk why anyone hasn’t mentioned it yet tho, I totally agree with ya tho!