2024 Finals Location

awill0352

1 hour ago, Ahawkeye said:

The Flo subscription is definitely a sore spot with me, I was not happy with the team state feed.

One question though, did we have to bring it to IHSAA's attention or were they already working on an alternative location? Last I read on the other thred it seemed we didn't know where they were on the subject but I stopped reading that thread a long time ago.

The IHSAA has been working on this since the date was announced.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, IU89 said:

Heard through the Grapevine that the Ford Center in Evansville will be hosting the state finals next year!

45 minutes ago, Cricket21 said:

I heard the opposite from my grapevine. Hopefully I’m wrong!

We must wrestle the grapevines off to see who is correct!

2 hours ago, IU89 said:

My grapevine got it straight from the horses mouth. Evansville is a done deal. Book it!

Where every one supposed to stay? Are they putting up a tent city? Oh well. I’ll sleep in the suburban 

Ford Center is going to be the best for fans. It's a mini Banker's Life. Very comfortable seats. Great views. Newer facility. It hosts the toughest semi state. 

The only down side is the drive.

Fort Wayne to Eville 4.5 hours

Crown Point to Eville 4.5 hours

Lafayette to Eville 3 hrs 40 mins

Indianapolis to Eville 2 hrs 46 mins

30 minutes ago, navy80 said:

Ford Center is going to be the best for fans. It's a mini Banker's Life. Very comfortable seats. Great views. Newer facility. It hosts the toughest semi state. 

The only down side is the drive.

Fort Wayne to Eville 4.5 hours

Crown Point to Eville 4.5 hours

Lafayette to Eville 3 hrs 40 mins

Indianapolis to Eville 2 hrs 46 mins

Well, the drive IS a big downside.  What,  5.5 hours from Angola?  But it is not the only one downside.  A whole lot more people will need to spend an extra night or 2 in a hotel than they would if they could hold it in Indy.  Alas, Indy is apparently not an option.

Evansville, down in the pocket of Indiana is the most remote place in Indiana possible … aside from maybe Mt. Vernon.

But I understand the options for the IHSAA was/is apparently limited.  Too bad they could not hold it at maybe a university campus that was a bit nearer the state’s center of population.  But it is what it is.  I’m sure the Ford Center will be a good experience for those who are able to afford (money and time) to make the trip.

I’m going to spend my money to invest in a big screen TV so my family can have a better streaming experience.  😀