Best Semi State

navy80

2 hours ago, hook and half said:

Two things:

1.  This is about as even of a distribution you are going to get.  For all intents and purposes, each SS has the same amount of medalists.

2.  While EVSS definitely dominated the high-end talent side, CP is there to offer some balance!

While the medalist distribution is pretty even, the finalist distribution is extremely lopsided. But this is largely due to Brownsburg & Center Grove - they have 4 & 5 finalists respectively for 9 of the 17 EVSS finalists.

But the remaining 8 finalists from the EVSS matches what the next best SS (EC) managed.

Every year the talk is about #thecounty. Garcia, Brewer, all the blow hards. I guess it's Hendricks County? Will they ever win anything? 

Pretty damn impressive that Center Grove almost exclusively represented Johnson County and pretty much smoked the Brownsburg/Avon/Danville/whatever the eff #thecounty considers themself. If you throw in Buttler or Lowery, they really run laps around the west side. If anyone claims a county outside of Marion, it should probably be Johnson. The weirdest thing is you never hear about Johnson County. Actually, you don't hear about any other "counties" in the state except the one on the west side of Indy. 

Be better, westsiders. 

Also, congrats to Crown Point. Not the best day and you still smoked the field. Enjoy it. Two damn amazing years. 

31 minutes ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy1 said:

Every year the talk is about #thecounty. Garcia, Brewer, all the blow hards. I guess it's Hendricks County? Will they ever win anything? 

Pretty damn impressive that Center Grove almost exclusively represented Johnson County and pretty much smoked the Brownsburg/Avon/Danville/whatever the eff #thecounty considers themself. If you throw in Buttler or Lowery, they really run laps around the west side. If anyone claims a county outside of Marion, it should probably be Johnson. The weirdest thing is you never hear about Johnson County. Actually, you don't hear about any other "counties" in the state except the one on the west side of Indy. 

Be better, westsiders. 

Also, congrats to Crown Point. Not the best day and you still smoked the field. Enjoy it. Two damn amazing years. 

Destroyed.

Hashtag era is over?

7 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy1 said:

Be better, westsiders. 

hmmmm .. Ive coached middle school at Brownsburg for 3 years and in this area for 20ish. We’ve actually won a lot of stuff here in that time. and….. did we not have 3 state champs last night??? Came up short team wise, but still pretty proud!!! 

Call me what you want loser. I’ve never been nothing but positive for my area and have never and I mean never picked against any wrestler or taken joy in a KIDS failure! I’ve never posted anything about or mentioned your team ever. You already got on here and took a shot at my kid after he took a very emotional loss Friday. What’s your deal with me? You’ve got issues.

I’ve coached or been a team leader for the majority of state placers over the last decade and a half. I know how much work these kids put in and refuse to discount any of them. You keep getting on here and putting kids on blast when they come up short. Probably because you have been described to me by the cathedral kids as “Ryan Hasbrook the creepy donor guy” … and to top that…. your on the board of directors for a prestigious school and continue to bash people. Man… I bet the other board members appreciate your 2am drunken post. Ryan Hasbrook is a dirt ball rich guy who makes kids feel creeped out. Keep it up.  Piss off buddy!!!

And… 😂… after my kid graduates with honors from college in a few months and walks across that stage with ZERO debt we will will go out to eat with him and his best friend who happens to be one of the best ever from Cathedral  … I will tell him that creepy Ryan Hasbrook said he hasn’t won anything! I anticipate a great laugh! Notice I’ve mentioned nothing about his wrestling accomplishments… it’s about what he got in the end. Did he win or not???

New hashtags,,,,

#indianaWrestlingCreeper1

#PositvePostOnly

#DontAtMe

#NeverWonAnything?

#WorryAboutYourOwnKidsWinning

Edited by Mattyb

25 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

Call me what you want loser. I’ve never been nothing but positive for my area and have never and I mean never picked against any wrestler or taken joy in a KIDS failure! I’ve coached or be a team leader for the majority of state placers over the last decade and a half. I know how much work these kids put in and refuse to discount any of them. You keep getting on here and putting kids on blast when they come up short. Probably because you have been described to me by the cathedral kids as “Ryan Hasbrook the creepy donor guy” … and to top that your on the board of directors for a prestigious school and continue to bash people. Man… I bet the other board members appreciate your 2am drunken post. Ryan Hasbrook is a dirt ball rich guy who makes kid feel creeped out. Keep it up.  Piss off buddy!!! 

New hashtag… #indianaWrestlingCreeper1

4 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy1 said:

Be better, westsiders. 

Pop Corn GIF by WWE

#TheCounty 

Avon, Brownsburg, Cascade, Danville, Plainfield, Tri West 

5 hours ago, hook and half said:

Destroyed.

Hashtag era is over?

12 YEARS STRAIGHT WE HAD A STATE CHAMPION ! 

FACTS !

Told You So Mic Drop GIF by FullMag 

LMAO ! 

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

I don’t reply to Trolls on the other poster. 

Edited by TeamGarcia

Finals with the champion semi state in bold

106- Evansville x2

113- Evansville x2

120- Evansville and ECC

126- New Castle and Evansville 

132-Evansville x2

138- ECC and Evansville

145-ECC and Evansville

152-New Castle and Evansville 

160-ECC and Evansville

170-ECC and Evansville

182-ECC and Fort Wayne

195- Evansville x2

220-ECC X2

285- Evansville x2

Finals' Totals

Evansville 6 champs with 16 in the finals

ECC 6 champs with 8 in the finals

New Castle 2 champs with 2 in the finals

Fort Wayne 0 champs with 1 in the finals 

It's time the IHSAA reconfigures our semi states. Send Brownsburg to Fort Wayne and Center Grove to New Castle! 

Edited by navy80

10 minutes ago, navy80 said:

106- Evansville x2

113- Evansville x2

120- Evansville and ECC

132-Evansville x2

138- ECC and Evansville

145-ECC and Evansville

160-Evansville and ECC

170-Evansville and ECC

182-ECC and Fort Wayne

195- Evansville x2

220-ECC X2

285- Evansville x2

Finals' Totals

Evansville 8 champs with 16 in the finals

ECC 4 champs with 8 in the finals

It's time the IHSAA reconfigures our semi states. Send Brownsburg to Fort Wayne and Center Grove to New Castle! 

I think 160 and 170 are flipped 

6 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy1 said:

Be better, westsiders. 

First off, congratulations to all of the State Champions and State Placers.  A lot of hard work went into getting to this point.  Secondly, Congratulations to Crown Point for winning a 2nd consecutive State Title.  

I'm confused though with what the premise of your post is to be about.  While I know the people you are trying to take shots at can defend themselves quite well, isn't it interesting that they don't go after other athletes or areas with negativity and well, just stupid comments?  You on the other hand seem to have some serious issues with the West side.  Sorry you feel that way, but let it go Elsa.  I must not be in the circles you are because there has been talk for a couple years of how good CG in wrestling is getting and is.  No one that I know is bitter or angry at this.  I am not sure who hurt you, but please seek help or find a few friends to vent with about things.  If you get this malevolent over HS wrestling and who or whom has the best county, maybe it's time to put the keyboard away.  But that is just my opinion.  

Welcome to the "offseason" wrestlers and coaches.  May you all focus on just getting better.  And OP, seriously, seek some help.  

31 minutes ago, navy80 said:

Champs on how they did at SEMI STATE

Every state champ won semi state except 195 Purdy. He got runner up at semi state

Congratulations to Hyatt Yaeger 4th at semi state to under the lights!  

12 hours ago, navy80 said:

106- Evansville x2

113- Evansville x2

120- Evansville and ECC

132-Evansville x2

138- ECC and Evansville

145-ECC and Evansville

160-ECC and Evansville

170-ECC and Evansville

182-ECC and Fort Wayne

195- Evansville x2

220-ECC X2

285- Evansville x2

Finals' Totals

No keep Brownsburg where they are at. If anything, send Wawasee & Warsaw to Ft Wayne and Tippy Valley. Just odd they go to ECC. I know I was disappointed in the Ft Wayne Semi State performance, but maybe Evansville just had an outstanding tournament and we were the tough luck recipients. I think our smaller schools are going to have to buy into the off season RTCs we finally have. Feel like part of Adams County & maybe Wells is that our kids are into so many activities already. We have football/cross country/tennis in the fall, baseball/track in spring, and then 4H/farm responsibilities from spring through fall as well. Especially schools like Adams Central, South Adams, Southern Wells, and Bluffton. Without multi sport athletes, the schools wouldn't have teams in fall & spring. Guess we have to find time to fit in more off-season wrestling somewhere. Besides kids trying to be kids & earning some $ to spend.

12 hours ago, navy80 said:

106- Evansville x2

113- Evansville x2

120- Evansville and ECC

132-Evansville x2

138- ECC and Evansville

145-ECC and Evansville

160-ECC and Evansville

170-ECC and Evansville

182-ECC and Fort Wayne

195- Evansville x2

220-ECC X2

285- Evansville x2

Finals' Totals

Poor Fart Wayne, 1 in finals. They may need to realign these semi’s. What’s up with this?

11 minutes ago, Disco said:

Poor Fart Wayne, 1 in finals. They may need to realign these semi’s. What’s up with this?

Fort Wayne will constantly struggle getting elite talent with the small school nature of the semi state. But our depth has been improving the past few years with the additions of a few RTCs, like Indiana Tech and Mad Man wrestling.