1. i meant what i said: Hendricks county has great wrestling. Sticking a hashtag in front of a phrase does not change the conventions of the English language.
2. There are not "millions" of Indiana high school wrestling fans.
3. Penn State fans do not shout "We are one community". Their chant is "We are Penn State". I defy you to show one instance where a Penn State Kid has given the Iowa, Minnesota or Ohio State coaches or athletes "credit" for their success. Pretty much all of the Big Ten contenders hate Penn State; the feeling is mutual. Take a look at Penn State's wrestling forum to test this assertion. Furthermore, i have never heard a "We are one community" chant at any Indiana high school wrestling meet.
4. Hendricks county kids train 365/24/7? They do not sleep? How do they maintain their academics if they do not go to school? I thought human beings died after five days of sleep deprivation.
5. Pretty much everyone "gets" that Contenders is an outstanding club. Outside of #thecounty drum-beaters, everyone "gets" that Maurer-Coughlin wrestling club and Region Wrestling Academy makes their kids better.
6. It is interesting to watch KT Nelson. He has clearly moved to the next level...at Brownsburg. Dorian Keys is a first-year wrestler? Is that true? if so, i'm sure that is a result of #thecounty, as opposed to wrestling for Brownsburg. This year, i saw Brownsburg shock everyone and win the team duals and a month later, put seven in the finals at semi state. If i lived in Hendricks county--based on results--i would want my kids at the Contenders club and a student at Brownsburg.
On the other hand, I could be wrong. I fully expect Asa to win his third title next weekend. It's not hard to imagine Avon getting three champs. If forced to bet, i would put my money on the Orioles to win their first title. Let's give this "We are one community" some legs:
1. All Avon kids should scrap any apparel branded with "Avon". That would extinguish this "1 schools ego" thing that you mention. I suggest that the singlets are emblazoned across the chest with #thecounty and the back will state #weareonecommunity.
2. During their post-match interviews, the Avon champs should not mention their "Avon" coaches or team mates, but should give credit to Derrick Snyder, Contenders and the kids from the land of the hashtag.
3. Should Avon get grand prize, the trophy should reside at the Contenders club.
4. Finally, and crucially, the IHSAA will NOT recognize Avon as the State Champion. The championship clearly belongs to the "One Community" and should be so noted in the record books. Avon's administration should refuse the trophy unless it is presented to #thecounty.