Team State Results & Discussion

SWINfan

My take away from team state so far

4A: Great wrestling ready for the shootout in the finals!

3A: Great finals match! Picking Columbus East! 

2A: Two teams from the same sectional going to Duke it out for the Title:(I think Belmont wins)

1A: Tell city should win! Rochester and centerville have wrestled out of their mind! Hats off to Centerville! 

6 minutes ago, Cricket21 said:

Coming from an MD fan, it is hard to rely on 4 wrestlers to come up with bonus points for us. No fire at all. 

I'll give James Ralph some credit.  He looked much more ready and aggressive in that match than he did this morning.  Of course, the other wrestler has something to do with that.  Unfortunately for MD, his aggressiveness was used against him with the nice throw by Deckard.  With a 7 point lead, Center Grove felt better with Deckard against Ralph than with Deckard against Critchfield and one of their other two guys against Ralph.  The FF to Critchfield and bump of Deckard to 285 paid off.  Kudos for the move.

4 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

I'll give James Ralph some credit.  He looked much more ready and aggressive in that match than he did this morning.  Of course, the other wrestler has something to do with that.  Unfortunately for MD, his aggressiveness was used against him with the nice throw by Deckard.  With a 7 point lead, Center Grove felt better with Deckard against Ralph than with Deckard against Critchfield and one of their other two guys against Ralph.  The FF to Critchfield and bump of Deckard to 285 paid off.  Kudos for the move.

Definitely smart move on CG part to do that. Our swing matches are killing us, especially with May not wrestling well due to injury. Gotta pick it up. 

38 minutes ago, Pg_rated said:

My take away from team state so far

4A: Great wrestling ready for the shootout in the finals!

3A: Great finals match! Picking Columbus East! 

2A: Two teams from the same sectional going to Duke it out for the Title:(I think Belmont wins)

1A: Tell city should win! Rochester and centerville have wrestled out of their mind! Hats off to Centerville! 

I don't think Rochester has wrestled out of their mind ,  I predicted them to win 1A . Seen them earlier this year , they are a really good team .

24 minutes ago, M109R said:

I don't think Rochester has wrestled out of their mind ,  I predicted them to win 1A . Seen them earlier this year , they are a really good team .

I saw how they impacted the Elkhart tourney and knew they would be a handful.

14 minutes ago, base said:

Congrats to Tell City, Bellmont and Columbus East!

Let's get the 4a show rolling!

Tell City and Columbus East get it done on the last match win.  Gotta love it.  

And in doing so secures the lot of the team titles for the Evansville SS with Brownsburg attempting to add to it.   

Edited by MattM

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.