Team State Results & Discussion

SWINfan

Matches are under way!   4A started at 220, 3A at 182, 2A & 1A at 152. Today should be a great day of wrestling!

Watching the 4A stream, but have no sound at all.  Is that the case for others?  I've tried 3 mats and its the same for all of them.  

Several close matches in 4A so far and some not so close. 

Evan Seng and Evan Dickey had a tough battle at 113, with Dickey coming out on top 1-0.  Seng was in on several shots, but Dickey was able to fend them off.  The difference in the match was Seng choosing bottom in the 2nd period and not being able to get out.  Look forward to seeing these two wrestle again.

12 minutes ago, captaintact said:

No sound for any of the Brownsburg matches. Martinsville has sound. MD needs to win the close matches. Haven’t won any so far. 

Generally speaking, Mater Dei has had trouble getting off bottom and from their feet, not getting in deep enough on shots and getting flattened out.  Those two things have certainly hurt them, especially in some of those swing matches. 

Hunter May dropped down to 145 but is struggling with Dillon Graham.   Down 3-2, May takes a shot at a headlock and almost hits it, but Graham was able to slip the head out and got the takedown.  Graham wins 5-2.

Edited by SWINfan

Koontz (Perry Meridian) over Hayden Watson (Center Grove) 5-4

Watson couldn't quite get to a takedown in the last 2 periods.  Also a 2nd stalling call for a point against Watson as he was trying to close out a period was a big deciding swing

Brownsburg crushes Penn .

Cathedral squeak out wins early . 
Crown Point crushing Carmel . 
Mater Dei winning win it counts . 
Perry Kid giving everything he has vs. Weems . Not Weems 

Edited by TeamGarcia
Wrestler edit

Credit Cathedral, they wrestled well on top and won the swing matches.  Irish move on to face Crown Point.

Man, some audio at Brownsburg would be nice.  Team Garcia, can you work on that between rounds,  for those of us a home?

Edited by SWINfan

10 minutes ago, base said:

Really good dual between Cathedral and Mater Dei.  Several close matches that could have changed the outcome.  Congrats to the Irish

I knew it would be. Cathedral is a darn good team , but a step behind CP and BB . CP vs BB in the final is going to be a war . 

They have the teams backward on the Track Scoreboard.  It's showing Carmel and Jack Milligan with an 11-0 lead, but it should be the opposite.  Maybe they can turn on the audio when they fix that?  #wishfulthinking

11 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

I will work my magic and get down on the floor . make cant refuse GIF 

So #TheCounty CEO talked to who’s in charge of Trackwrestling here #2 assistant from IHSWCA in 4A in Brownsburg .  “There is no sound because they want eliminate the table help chatter and the officials decided it would be best not to do live audio . 

100,000 banana offer from The Peoples Champ wouldn’t convince them to turn on audio . I tried, seriously. Ask @#TheBrandhe’ll will vouch . 

Edited by TeamGarcia

6 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

So #TheCounty CEO talked to who’s in charge of Trackwrestling here #2 assistant from IHSWCA in 4A in Brownsburg .  “There is no sound because they want eliminate the table help chatter and the officials decided it would be best not to do live audio . 

Tell them to watch it without sound at home.  Dumb choice!!  I'll add... If they turn the audio on, the viewer at home has the choice to mute.  Doing it this way takes the choice out of the viewers hands.

That said, thanks for trying.  And IF you are still near, tell them to get the teams right in the MD - Carmel match.  On match #3 and they still have them backward.  Update: They got the teams switched back but didn't bother fixing the scores from the first 2 matches.  

Lots of brilliance there today!

Edited by SWINfan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.