Dominant

I'm only going back as far as '91 when I arrived back in Indiana 

Old schoolers home in but... 

Here recently seen guys dominate the season and state series 

With that in mind. Who stands out the most? 

-Red

-J Tsirtsis 

-B Lee(3xer)

-Asa Garcia

-Hockaday

-Parris

-Mendez 

-enter name

4xer Angel Escobedo scored bonus points in 15 of his 16 Matches at the state finals including Majoring Hump, Jaggers ,Macke.. Pinning Shane Perkey and Chris Miller..to name a few.  gave up hardly 2 offensive points ever  IN, With a reversal to Shane perkey iirc...

Win vs. Reece Humphrey 3xer Lawrence North) Maj Dec 13-5 

Win vs. Chris Miller state champ ( Elkhart Memorial) Fall 5:12 (Edit)

Win vs. Danny Norman( New Palestine) Maj Dec 12-2 (Edit)

Win vs. Craig Macke runner up 4x placer ( Evansville Mater Dei) Maj Dec 13-2 (Edit)

Win vs. Tony Pope( Bloomington South) Fall 2:54 (Edit)

Win vs. Blane Culp( Columbia City) TF 22-7-5:15 (Edit)

Win vs. Craig Macke( Evansville Mater Dei) Dec 5-2 (Edit)

Win vs. ( 210-10 )Matt Jaggers 3x placer runner up ( New Castle) Maj Dec 16-8 

Win vs. Craig Rosman( Oak Hill) Fall 3:11 (Edit)

Win vs. Clint Happe( Evansville Memorial) Maj Dec 19-6 (Edit)

Win vs. Shane Perkey( Jimtown) Fall 5:47 (Edit)

Win vs. Erik Johnson( Yorktown) Maj Dec 14-6 (Edit)

Win vs. Tom Glick( Columbus East) TF 24-6-5:15 (Edit)

Win vs. Michael Albert( Lawrence North) Maj Dec 21-9 (Edit)

Win vs. Blake Kenny( North Central) Fall 1:30 (Edit)

Win vs. Mike Leucuta( Portage) Maj Dec 18-6 (Edit)

😐

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

16 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

I'm only going back as far as '91 when I arrived back in Indiana 

Old schoolers home in but... 

Here recently seen guys dominate the season and state series 

With that in mind. Who stands out the most? 

-Red

-J Tsirtsis 

-B Lee(3xer)

-Asa Garcia

-Hockaday

-Parris

-Mendez 

-enter name

Silas Allred had the most dominant single season I ever witnessed.

Just now, GenHeavyHandz said:

Silas Allred had the most dominant single season I ever witnessed.

2 of em! between his jr and senior seasons only with his his first title match vs Nick willham in the finals is the only match in 2 seasons that made the entirety of the match being majored 13-2 smh

12 minutes ago, SunDevils said:

Andrew Howe (still a legitimate claim to GOAT status, certainly Mt. Rushmore of Indiana)

Reece Humphrey

Steven Bradley (people forget how dominant he actually was) 

Howe is always my default answer. Untouchable. People seem to forget he also had wins over 3 of the top 5 guys in the country at his weight in the same day at Fargo too. If we’re splitting hairs with Angel, his lone HS loss was a better loss than Escobedo’s. Not a great argument, but I stand by it.

If you are talking about a single season then I respectfully submit Wyatt Krejsa's current season.

-Undefeated in IN during the regular season.  29-2 coming into sectional.

- Went 3-2 at the Walsh Ironman.  His only losses of the season were at this tournament.  He upset the #5, 145 in the nation.

-Al Smith Title - Fall, Major, Fall, TF and Fall

-Mooresville Sectional - Bye, Inj Def, Fall, TF

-Mooresville Regional - Fall, Fall, TF

-Evansville Semi State - Fall, Major, Fall, Fall (against the #2 ranked wrestler)

-State Finals - Fall, Fall, TF, Dec (13-6 against the #2 ranked wrestler)

That is a pretty good bit of work.

Wyatt Krejsa bonus pointed everyone in the state leading into the state championship match. Hunter May had a very dominant season as well and held the match to a regular decision 13-6. I'd have to check the stats (it's been a long season) but I think Hunter May landing that headlock in the finals may have been the only offense points given up by Wyatt to an Indiana opponent this season. Wyatt had a hell of a year and put in so much work!!

25 minutes ago, swain358 said:

Wyatt Krejsa bonus pointed everyone in the state leading into the state championship match. Hunter May had a very dominant season as well and held the match to a regular decision 13-6. I'd have to check the stats (it's been a long season) but I think Hunter May landing that headlock in the finals may have been the only offense points given up by Wyatt to an Indiana opponent this season. Wyatt had a hell of a year and put in so much work!!

The hero of this match was the towel guy cleaning up blood, and watching Krejsa jump in and help was awesome 🤣

18 hours ago, SunDevils said:

Steven Bradley (people forget how dominant he actually was) 

I have a first hand experience of it. I’m not sure how much he sucked down or how he even managed it, but he felt every bit of a  a 150lber in a 125lb weight class.   Definitely wouldn’t meet todays weight certification requirements. 

7 hours ago, piscis1956 said:

I know it was a long time ago (1971?), but I think Henry Wilk of Mishawaka was about as dominating as it comes in his senior year.  He was certainly someone I looked up to in complete awe.

7 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Man ! You guys are amazing with your first hand memories. And pretty old……..

Showing my age here....... Early 80's Delta's David Palmer was a beast for a couple of years or maybe even more. He was totally dominant and untouchable. I believe my high school had a very good wrestler that was beaten by him two years in a row in the State finals.

5 minutes ago, boilergrappler said:

Showing my age here....... Early 80's Delta's David Palmer was a beast for a couple of years or maybe even more. He was totally dominant and untouchable. I believe my high school had a very good wrestler that was beaten by him two years in a row in the State finals.

Stud. To say the least

Blake Maurer his senior year, DJ Radnovich his senior year, Matt Coughlin his senior year.  I realize it wasn't during the HS season but Coughlin beat Tsirtsis during summer wrestling, also beat a guy out of Florida named Cozart who was ranked pretty high nationally as well (whipped his butt!) So the story goes Coughlin and a few MD guys were at a camp with Coach Randy Helfrich. Cozart starts wrestling one of the MD guys and is handling him pretty good. Cozart starts running his mouth about how MD sucks blah blah blah. Randy turns to Matt and says go kick his "butt" Cozart had no clue who Matt was and said I'll bet you $200 I'll beat you. Matt says "$200? You're on" the style chosen was freestyle, Matt went to work on the guy and THREW him to his back, right before the pin was called Matt pulled him up (illegal in freestyle) and commenced the butt kicking..... NO MERCY. It took the rest of the week but the kid paid up.

Nick Lee.  Pretty sure he scored bonus points in every single match that he won in his 3 years in Indiana.  Only two wrestlers to beat him were both ranked #1 in the nation at the time, and one is a world champ.

David McCubbins - untouchable in Indiana his last two years, really untouchable nationally as well, winning double titles at Fargo and being on a couple of greco world teams.  If not for injury he cruises to a second state title in '92

Matt Coughlin - fargo champ, senior nationals champ

Andy Schneider was as dominant a hvy as I've seen

Drew Hughes definitely pops into my mind. He was amazing to watch on top. Arguably the best 2xer there is. Deondre Wilson and Tyler Fleenor's spladle were the only things that could stop him in Indy. Junior and senior year he was untouchable it seemed

Edited by ArgyllWrestling