2025 Title Contenders

Mason Day of BBurg lost to 2 Indiana kids this year. 1 in OT in the semi state semifinals, Then a 7-3 match to Brabender at state. Where I think Brabender was  one controversial locked hands call away from maybe being a state champ. I can guarantee you Mason will be working his butt off to be at the top of the podium next year as a senior. That dog will bite you if you overlook him next season. 

58 minutes ago, blueandgold said:

How does everyone keep forgetting or overlooking Thrine. I’m not understanding. If he stays at 132, he’s gotta be the #1.

I know he plays football, so I would assume he wants to add size not overlooking but Hockaday is ahead of him and Shep 

7 hours ago, Penn04 said:

Huyvaert is 98-5 in his young career, and he doesn’t have a loss to anyone less than 2 years older than him. That shouldn’t be an issue his junior or senior year. 😬💪🏼

Yeah…last year he lost to the 1st 2nd and 3rd place finisher and this year he lost to the 2nd and 3rd place finisher.

56 minutes ago, Penn04 said:

And beat state-ranked #1 last year and state-ranked #2 this year. 😬

I think he is going to be an Indiana legend after his college career is completed.  Always scoring. Has a great collegiate wrestler mentality with the skill to back it up.  

Hot take for New Prarie guys: he equals or slightly bests Christian Carroll in NCAA AA's if he wrestles in college to completion.

Edited by Coplen187

On 2/18/2024 at 9:39 AM, AndyStJ said:

Hartleroad was the aggressor throughout his semifinal. I spent most of the match wondering why the refs didn't call stalling against his opponent, who would only give ground and not directly attack throughout the match. 

THIS!!! You and I were wondering the same thing!!!!

On 2/18/2024 at 6:38 PM, blueandgold said:

How does everyone keep forgetting or overlooking Thrine. I’m not understanding. If he stays at 132, he’s gotta be the #1.

I don't have the credentials to pull off the meme skills--but I was thinking this same thing. Only loss in two years is to Indiana's #1 pound-for-pound. Biggest jump in quality is often sophomore to junior year. Owns an in-state title and wins over nationally ranked guys in-season and out. I guess he's already old news. 

28 minutes ago, maligned said:

I don't have the credentials to pull off the meme skills--but I was thinking this same thing. Only loss in two years is to Indiana's #1 pound-for-pound. Biggest jump in quality is often sophomore to junior year. Owns an in-state title and wins over nationally ranked guys in-season and out. I guess he's already old news. 

They must not wanna see him repeat.

1 hour ago, maligned said:

where would you fellas have him weight wise? Returning to 32 he could be the #1 I didn’t see any thing in that Hockaday Match that would tell me that result would be different 

38 minutes ago, ontherise219 said:

where would you fellas have him weight wise? Returning to 32 he could be the #1 I didn’t see any thing in that Hockaday Match that would tell me that result would be different 

Yeah, there's no way to justify him being ranked over Hockaday. I was more talking in a general sense about how the thread launched and that, I think, there's a perception he's behind some of the other up and comers.