Crown Point State weekend

I have been telling everyone this year this Dogs team is special. 

The weekend is finally here to prove how great this team is. 

12 here, I am calling 11 medals I think we can put 8 under the lights I hope they have lights, 6 champs. It's going to be a great day to be a dog. Even the purple dogs will have a solid day. 

Just a heads up we will be better next year, so I think the team trophy is staying region 

I'll see you all on the Square for the celebration 

2 minutes ago, TheHider said:

With Clark losing that’s a huge dent for CP in terms of team points. I wonder if that will be the deciding factor in the team race.

That was certainly a tough one.  There is still a lot of wrestling left.  The record might be in jeopardy, but I think they are still in the driver's seat for the team title.  

24 minutes ago, jcs12402 said:

CP has definitely recruited a fine team from far and wide, but at the expense of all the hometowns where those kids came from. 

Crown Point just built a new middle school, additions to all the other schools, new sports complex at the high school, thousands of houses being built, new hospital, building more stores and restaurants it is the fast growing city in the state.  They’re recruiting so much that we don’t have enough Construction contractors to keep up with them.  It’s unbelievable that people are moving to that great community and giving there kids a great opportunity to live there. 

13 hours ago, DawgPoundRed said:

I have been telling everyone this year this Dogs team is special. 

The weekend is finally here to prove how great this team is. 

12 here, I am calling 11 medals I think we can put 8 under the lights I hope they have lights, 6 champs. It's going to be a great day to be a dog. Even the purple dogs will have a solid day. 

Just a heads up we will be better next year, so I think the team trophy is staying region 

I'll see you all on the Square for the celebration 

Biggest jinx in the history of Indiana state wrestling. Good job DawgPoundRed

13 hours ago, MattM said:

Plenty of wrestling to go this evening.  We will have a clearer picture of what maybe possible after this session. CP has left the door just a hair open though. 

CP with 9 medals

BB with 8 medals

CG with 8 medals

Going to be fun today.

9 hours ago, jcs12402 said:

CP has definitely recruited a fine team from far and wide, but at the expense of all the hometowns where those kids came from. 

CP is good but definitely not close to the best team ever in Indiana. I don’t care if they break points record they are not as good as the old Mater Dei teams not even close. I saw 2 elite wrestlers from them the rest could have been beat. And their best wrestler is from somewhere else

Edited by JC123

9 hours ago, D Summar said:

Crown Point just built a new middle school, additions to all the other schools, new sports complex at the high school, thousands of houses being built, new hospital, building more stores and restaurants it is the fast growing city in the state.  They’re recruiting so much that we don’t have enough Construction contractors to keep up with them.  It’s unbelievable that people are moving to that great community and giving there kids a great opportunity to live there. 

And CP is the only town in Indiana doing the exact same things?  Don’t be so full of yourself. It’s a small town of 35k people, and it’s nothing special. The only difference between them and the rest of the state is their recruiting. They used their recent 4-timer to recruit and are still snowballing from his pull. When the IHSAA finally decides to investigate them, they will at least be stripped of all tournament and dual wins over the past 5 years. 

1 hour ago, jcs12402 said:

And CP is the only town in Indiana doing the exact same things?  Don’t be so full of yourself. It’s a small town of 35k people, and it’s nothing special. The only difference between them and the rest of the state is their recruiting. They used their recent 4-timer to recruit and are still snowballing from his pull. When the IHSAA finally decides to investigate them, they will at least be stripped of all tournament and dual wins over the past 5 years. 

I doubt they'll be stripped of anything.  Having a 4 time champion gets parents asking about the school/program and what it's like to live in the neighborhood.  They here "nice houses, low crime, good schools with all sorts of quality programs beyond athletics" and they decide that's where they should send their kids.  It's not any different at BB, CG, Bloomington South, Columbus East, Jeffersonville, or a handful of other schools.  Success breeds interest, which brings in people from anywhere nearby, which brings in more money, which breeds more success.

Please tell me you’re not crying over parents moving into communities that gives their kids the best opportunities and is also one of the states top schools for education.  I moved from Crown Point 18 years ago and I track the construction industry for the Region and no city has as much growth in housing and businesses as Crown Point with no slow down insight.  I can also guarantee you those same coaches coached those same wrestlers in their youth and It’s more of a family, being that they were all raised together.  I find it hilarious when people like you scream recruiting and the community itself recruits in its rapid development. How can the IHSAA punish them for the constant change in their community that brings people there?  Don’t forget to put your red nose on today so you can hide behind it like you are here.  Have a Nice Day!!!

Will Ferrell Crying GIFKurt Hummel Glee GIF

Edited by D Summar

Typical jealous Chesterton guy I guess?

19 minutes ago, D Summar said:

Please tell me you’re not crying over parents moving into communities that gives their kids the best opportunities and is also one of the states top schools for education.  I moved from Crown Point 18 years ago and I track the construction industry for the Region and no city has as much growth in housing and businesses as Crown Point with no slow down insight.  I can also guarantee you those same coaches coached those same wrestlers in their youth and It’s more of a family, being that they were all raised together.  I find it hilarious when people like you scream recruiting and the community itself recruits in its rapid development. How can the IHSAA punish them for the constant change in their community that brings people there?  Don’t forget to put your red nose on today so you can hide behind it like you are here.  Have a Nice Day!!!

Will Ferrell Crying GIFKurt Hummel Glee GIF

It’s not necessarily a “community thing” so-much-so as it is a CLUB thing. Crown Point just happens to be the lucky benefactors of these RWA kids assimilating under one school roof. 

Same could be said when Catherdral was pulling a ton of Contender kids

Brownsburg a lot of Red Cobra , and the list goes on…

2 minutes ago, jets said:

It’s not necessarily a “community thing” so-much-so as it is a CLUB thing. Crown Point just happens to be the lucky benefactors of these RWA kids assimilating under one school roof. 

Same could be said when Catherdral was pulling a ton of Contender kids

Brownsburg a lot of Red Cobra , and the list goes on…

You have to have a good community in place for a club to link to,  look at your own examples you listed.  RWA isn’t the only place these kids wrestle for, Crown Point has Bulldog Premier in house, where most these kids start at.  Then the cross club training begins, iron sharpens iron.  

2 hours ago, D Summar said:

You have to have a good community in place for a club to link to,  look at your own examples you listed.  RWA isn’t the only place these kids wrestle for, Crown Point has Bulldog Premier in house, where most these kids start at.  Then the cross club training begins, iron sharpens iron.  

I’m not from the area so I’m not familiar with what “clubs” feed into certain high schools- but the point remains

5 hours ago, jcs12402 said:

Get a grip lol....smh