Can someone stir the pot?

19 minutes ago, rookie78 said:

#TICKETGATE2024

Any inside intel on tickets for the state finals?  This could stir the pot a little.

Online purchase?

In person purchase?

Limited tickets?

Seat saving?

Release time Friday night for Saturday session?

You are #217 in the queue to order

I heard depending how far north and how rural your school is will determine when you can buy your tickets and how many you can purchase. Good luck my friend.

How about at the time The#1County has 2 #1 teams? 2A #1 & undefeated Bellmont and 1A #1 (now with a loss & probably another or more coming) Adams Central. The same Jets that upset Cascade in the duals last year. They are also not even close to wrestling shape after a 3RD straight trip to Lucas Oil on the Gridiron! Don't forget about 1A #4 South Adams that are holding their own with top teams in the state! They started the Adams County 1A football run to Lucas Oil in 2020! They also placed higher than expected at last year's dual tournament. Definitely could place near the top this year as well in 1A. All this in the FW semi state where we aren't right by a major metro hotbed for wrestling like other places.

the county really isn’t even all that. Avon has never won state as far as I know. brownsburg has won Ihsaa once or twice? lots of good teams but can’t seem to beat out the historical powerhouses EMD, crown point, Indy cathedral, Penn 

now center grove is coming for their lunch. Sadly I don’t see things taking a turn for the better until one school takes every good wrestler from the other. 

We”ll see if coach Snyder can pull out some good recruiting. Salute 

2 hours ago, Johnpsulions said:

the county really isn’t even all that. Avon has never won state as far as I know. brownsburg has won Ihsaa once or twice? lots of good teams but can’t seem to beat out the historical powerhouses EMD, crown point, Indy cathedral, Penn 

now center grove is coming for their lunch. Sadly I don’t see things taking a turn for the better until one school takes every good wrestler from the other. 

We”ll see if coach Snyder can pull out some good recruiting. Salute 

Avon had a 5peat 81-85

15 hours ago, crosstownrivals said:

Here you go!

Round Mat Team 1 Team 2
1 1 Penn Columbus North
1 2 Goshen John Glenn
1 3 Homestead New Palestine
1 4 Mishawaka Ft. Wayne Snider

2 1 Penn Goshen
2 2 John Glenn Columbus North
2 3 Ft. Wayne Snider New Palestine
2 4 Mishawaka Homestead

3 1 Penn New Palestine
3 2 Homestead Goshen
3 3 Columbus North Ft. Wayne Snider
3 4 Mishawaka John Glenn

4 1 Penn Ft. Wayne Snider
4 2 Homestead John Glenn
4 3 New Palestine Goshen
4 4 Mishawaka Columbus North

5 1 Penn Homestead
5 2 Goshen Columbus North
5 3 John Glenn Ft. Wayne Snider
5 4 Mishawaka New Palestine

Looks like it could be a rough day for Snider . Don't know much about Columbus North , but I don't see them beating Penn, Mishawaka or New Pal . 

17 hours ago, Keepitlegal said:

A team win isn’t impressive when you haven’t developed any wrestlers and instead cherry pick, aka recruit, them from other schools.  

I would like to think Columbus East, EMD, and Franklin among others are some of the only programs that you will see at Team State in 3A/4A who actually still develop their own kids. No shade to kids who go to academies, and I encourage program athletes to go to them in the offseason for an RTC or extra training session as it’s always good to get outside looks, but the success of these programs mostly featured kids developed by the coaches of that program. If you look at Mater Dei’s success from 1996-2003, I am willing to bet they were all developed under Goebel, which we need more of today.

But even EMD has the benefit of Mauer/Coughlin. Academies help wrestlers become better wrestlers because they provide a year round facility and partners who are more serious about improving. This benefits programs around their areas. 

The transferring of athletes to other schools seems like an issue that needs to be addressed by IHSAA, along with, dare I say, reclassifying.

22 hours ago, blueandgold said:

I would like to think Columbus East, EMD, and Franklin among others are some of the only programs that you will see at Team State in 3A/4A who actually still develop their own kids. No shade to kids who go to academies, and I encourage program athletes to go to them in the offseason for an RTC or extra training session as it’s always good to get outside looks, but the success of these programs mostly featured kids developed by the coaches of that program. If you look at Mater Dei’s success from 1996-2003, I am willing to bet they were all developed under Goebel, which we need more of today.

Mater Dei has always recruited always has always will.