Can someone stir the pot?

4 hours ago, M109R said:

Homestead wins a close one.

What’s your point? We signed up for the event to wrestle some of the best teams. That’s what we did. We lost some matches we could have won and we won some matches that we probably weren’t expected to win. It’s wrestling. We have plenty to work on and like everyone else a lineup to get dialed in.

8 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Hornsby over Kendi Quoi Snider in OT. Henry Wilk called Quoi for 4 stalls and a slam as time expired for the winning take down. Biggest hose job ever and I don’t say that about anything. Secrets out Rank our 138. He is on the level.

The slam was illegal as hell. 

1 hour ago, Johnpsulions said:

Michael Major. Out for year, due to torn labrum. Tough blow for him at 150

opens things up big time at 150

Actually heard same rumor at Colts-Steelers game during halftime. Major done, huge blow to Carmel lineup. 150 wide open at New Castle!

11 hours ago, Mattyb said:

Agree with you. If you build a great program and the school is safe and has great academics, why would people not move in or attend such a school. If you build a great program at a great school, kids are going to get there. I mean you see the wrestlers because we all pay attention to our sport. But how many non-athletes make the choice to do that same thing as these athletes do? I assure you that there are plenty. We just do not notice because they are not elite athletes. 

I know a kid VERY well that was going to a school where he saw fights on most days and made Cs. That same kid who happens to be a pretty good wrestler has never seen a fight at his new school and now has a 4.0. With this said, do we say that anything is wrong with the kid moving schools??? If so … why??? I would like so serious thoughtful responses to chew on. 

Great private schools like EMD and Cathedral are not cheap. Hats off to families that sacrifice to give their kids the best opportunities possible. 

100% Agree.  Well said @Mattyb

Hopefully this stirs the pot: Adams County is the wrestling capital of Indiana. Historical success for teams & individuals along with current team dual success in 2A & 1A. Then the High School wrestling media coverage with WZBD radio that expanded to YouTube. Also The Berne Witness webcasts as well. The High School Wrestling Weekly with @decbell1 and crew covering the area & now whole state. Don't forget the coverage of Girls wrestling too! Maybe next year I can get ahead of the curve and get media coverage across the state line! I'd love to have coverage of the IHSAA tournament and then the OHSAA D3 tournament series following right after it. What other area covers those aspects of this sport?

23 minutes ago, casualwrestlingfan said:

Hopefully this stirs the pot: Adams County is the wrestling capital of Indiana. Historical success for teams & individuals along with current team dual success in 2A & 1A. Then the High School wrestling media coverage with WZBD radio that expanded to YouTube. Also The Berne Witness webcasts as well. The High School Wrestling Weekly with @decbell1 and crew covering the area & now whole state. Don't forget the coverage of Girls wrestling too! Maybe next year I can get ahead of the curve and get media coverage across the state line! I'd love to have coverage of the IHSAA tournament and then the OHSAA D3 tournament series following right after it. What other area covers those aspects of this sport?

I agree, wish more areas of the State had this . 

10 hours ago, Hornsby 84 said:

The slam was illegal as hell. 

I’ll beg to differ. I noticed you didn’t address the stalls. Totally out of line. Many parents came to me and were apologetic and a couple were from your school.  It’s not about Hornsby: he was just wrestling. You cannot and will not tell me what I saw. Peace to you.

13 hours ago, TrueRegionFan said:

100% Agree.  Well said @Mattyb

I remember a kid almost 20 years ago who moved to Culver Military (which you could easily argue had the best academics in the area.)  If he weren't such a good wrestler, probably nbd, but instead he lost a year and the chance to be a 4x qualifier. Always seemed stupid to me how arbitrary this can be, but every other IHSAA rule is black and white.

@MattybMakes a great point.  If its just a .500 wrestler no one cares.

Edited by Coplen187

2 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

I’ll beg to differ. I noticed you didn’t address the stalls. Totally out of line. Many parents came to me and were apologetic and a couple were from your school.  It’s not about Hornsby: he was just wrestling. You cannot and will not tell me what I saw. Peace to you.

The kid literally ran out of bounce 10x . And the the slam was on a return not a takedown so the kid wouldn’t have gotten 2 any way. We have the video. Also quit hating on the 14yr old freshman! 

15 minutes ago, Hornsby 84 said:

The kid literally ran out of bounce 10x . And the the slam was on a return not a takedown so the kid wouldn’t have gotten 2 any way. We have the video. Also quit hating on the 14yr old freshman! 

Wah! Never said nothing about your kid. Post the video and let the forum be the judge.  Quit hating on our no name wrestler who clearly is on the same level as your kid.  I call BS on the stalls or else you would've addressed it in your previous post.  I'd tell Jesus, Allah and Buddha to their faces those were BS calls. I stand behind anything I post. Listen you don't control anything this way. I'd suggest you just enjoy the season. 

Just now, GenHeavyHandz said:

Wah! Never said nothing about your kid. Post the video and let the forum be the judge.  Quit hating on our no name wrestler who clearly is on the same level as your kid.  I call BS on the stalls or else you would've addressed it in your previous post.  I'd tell Jesus, Allah and Buddha to their faces those were BS calls. I stand behind anything I post. Listen you don't control anything this way. I'd suggest you just enjoy the season. 

It's out of Bounds by the way.

27 minutes ago, Silence Dogood said:

Does this mean I get $1 million dollars? 

It will be said he wasn’t recruited they came to us. But yes you should there are others too a couple others in past couple years north posey kid and a state champ from Evansville North

Just like when I was a kid practicing with me Jon Deters Jankowski Scott Schaefer James Brimm and many others with Brimms dad Shannon at Bosse high School  we were kids they tried to get us to come to Mater Dei.