Best #1 and #2 Regular Season Match-Up You’ve Ever Seen

blueandgold

I give the nod to #1 Cody LeCount and #2 Tommy Forte at the Bellmont Super Duals in 2014. Cody ended up getting a fall that day in a wild back and forth match that was better than their state finals match if you ask me.

A close runner-up is #1 Brendan Black and #2 Kris Rumph at the Harvest Classic in 2016. That match was fiyaaaaaaaah.

2017 IHSWCA Team State Asa Garcia goes through the gauntlet facing epic matches of that tournament history in my opinion

126 - #1 Asa Garcia (Avon) over #5 Colin Poynter (Portage) Dec 3-2 
        126 - #1 Asa Garcia (Avon) over #3 Alec Viduya (Roncalli) SV-1 7-5 
        126 - #1 Asa Garcia (Avon) over #2 Cayden Rooks (Columbus East) Dec 3-1

Edited by TeamGarcia

Man.. all of those are great Steven Bam Lawrence vs Joe Lee at team state before the video was a great match I believe Bam was a #1 bumped to wrestle Joe who was #2. 

McGill and Cosgrove 1&2 every match had something different and were great for different reasons. 

but man it would be Hard to match Red/Lee that is a legendary match that people will talk about for ever 

58 minutes ago, ontherise219 said:

Man.. all of those are great Steven Bam Lawrence vs Joe Lee at team state before the video was a great match I believe Bam was a #1 bumped to wrestle Joe who was #2. 

McGill and Cosgrove 1&2 every match had something different and were great for different reasons. 

but man it would be Hard to match Red/Lee that is a legendary match that people will talk about for ever 

I remember Bam and Joe’s match. A great back and forth before Joe caught him and stuck him. And yes, I agree Red and Lee is probably the number one all-time

45 minutes ago, crosstownrivals said:

I may be a little biased here but what about Drew Hildebrandt(Penn)vs Blake Glogouski (Fairfied) 2016 Quarter Finals State! 

https://www.trackwrestling.com/VideoPlayer.jsp?TIM=1671540414770&twSessionId=rfawqhxwch&matchId=3990226104

Sorry, but that doesn't even crack the top 100 regular season matches. 

3 hours ago, blueandgold said:

They did not, but I didn’t want to discredit it.

3 hours ago, Cricket21 said:

I do not remember them wrestling in the regular season. They wouldn't have met in the post season until the finals either. 

#BringBackTheTights

Jonah Hill Ok GIF 
I know this… dang it ! 

All up on me like I don’t follow the sport ! 
I ain’t no rookie ! 

Topic says “Regular Season” 

Quit Two Weeks Notice GIF by Saturday Night Live

LMAO

29 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Jonah Hill Ok GIF 
I know this… dang it ! 

All up on me like I don’t follow the sport ! 
I ain’t no rookie ! 

Topic says “Regular Season” 

Quit Two Weeks Notice GIF by Saturday Night Live

LMAO

Let's just solve the worlds problems at Hilltop after EVV Semi State. $2.50 Busch light fishbowls ICE COLD!! My MD folks know. 

#BringBackTheTights

Napoleon Dynamite Hello GIF by 20th Century Fox Home EntertainmentSorry …. I’m Back with another juicy one . 

I believe Donnell wrestled up or down can’t remember. Both maybe ranked #1 at their weights . Great match ! 

Team State ….
Columbus East vs. Portage 

• 170 - #1 Nick South (Columbus East) over #1 Donnell Washington (Portage) Dec 10-5 
Edited by TeamGarcia

6 hours ago, bbulldog152 said:

I've heard of Nate Moore and Jake Obrien facing off in the regular season in a year they both won state.

Yes, Mohr bumped up and beat him 2x from 189.. O'Brien's only losses the last 3 years of his career... Nate Mohr vs ALLRED would've 🔥🔥🔥🔥

6 hours ago, blueandgold said:

Jared’s only loss that season. Crazy match.

I remember 1 year it was the deepest NC SEMI STATE top 4 ever IMHO @112

Campbell, Todd, McKinley, Harvey 

2x runner up, 3 state champs .

Champ Campbell 201-6

3rd then 2x runner up AND Fargo AA

in 2 of the craziest finals matches ever vs ayersman and Petrov.

Highly considered being 1 the best to never win it.

Freshman year undefeated going into regional, I would've loved to see him and Phillips, would've happened multiple times if not appendix burst.

Mason Todd 157-9

who beat current OneFc world Champ Brooks his Jr year for his state title and Fargo AA

McKinley 206-8

a stud (2xer) on top his 

SQ and 4th place medal and Fargo AA

currently a very promising MMA career going 

Brian Harvey 174-21 was a 4x placer and a state champ that went on to have A wonderful wrestling career for the Army winning 93 matches and multiple time NCAA qualifier beating tons of ranked guys and becoming Academic all American. 

13/16 state medals, 15 state appearances and had 39-0 freshman Campbell not had appendix burst it most likely would've been 16 of 16 state finals appearances.. 3 of the 4 were Fargo Freestyle All Americans.. And a combined record of a staggering

738-44 with 6 finals appearances between them... This has to be up there with all the gauntlets. 

On 12/20/2022 at 5:12 PM, FCFIGHTER170 said:

I remember 1 year it was the deepest NC SEMI STATE top 4 ever IMHO @112

Campbell, Todd, McKinley, Harvey 

2x runner up, 3 state champs .

Champ Campbell 201-6

3rd then 2x runner up AND Fargo AA

in 2 of the craziest finals matches ever vs ayersman and Petrov.

Highly considered being 1 the best to never win it.

Freshman year undefeated going into regional, I would've loved to see him and Phillips, would've happened multiple times if not appendix burst.

Mason Todd 157-9

who beat current OneFc world Champ Brooks his Jr year for his state title and Fargo AA

McKinley 206-8

a stud (2xer) on top his 

SQ and 4th place medal and Fargo AA

currently a very promising MMA career going 

Brian Harvey 174-21 was a 4x placer and a state champ that went on to have A wonderful wrestling career for the Army winning 93 matches and multiple time NCAA qualifier beating tons of ranked guys and becoming Academic all American. 

13/16 state medals, 15 state appearances and had 39-0 freshman Campbell not had appendix burst it most likely would've been 16 of 16 state finals appearances.. 3 of the 4 were Fargo Freestyle All Americans.. And a combined record of a staggering

738-44 with 6 finals appearances between them... This has to be up there with all the gauntlets. 

I remember Harvey and Todd wrestling for first place back at Middle School or Folkstyle State at New Castle.  That match went on for a half hour.  Harvey was a bleeder. 

On 12/19/2022 at 9:01 PM, TeamGarcia said:

2017 IHSWCA Team State Asa Garcia goes through the gauntlet facing epic matches of that tournament history in my opinion

126 - #1 Asa Garcia (Avon) over #5 Colin Poynter (Portage) Dec 3-2 
        126 - #1 Asa Garcia (Avon) over #3 Alec Viduya (Roncalli) SV-1 7-5 
        126 - #1 Asa Garcia (Avon) over #2 Cayden Rooks (Columbus East) Dec 3-1

33% rate isn’t bad. It says 1 Vs 2 since we are dragging down those who put up post season matches. JS