Strength of Schedule

TeamGarcia

For a small school, I'd like to think our (Prairie Heights) schedule is pretty tough. In 34 duals last year, we wrestled 9 3A, 14 2A and 11 1A schools. Some of the tournaments we hit are War on the Wabash, Yorktown Super 10, the Al Smith Classic

Edited by rookie78

Portage has a pretty competitive schedule.  

We have set duals against #3, 5, and #6 from the 1/13/2015 Team Rankings. #5 Crown Point and #6 Merrillville are from the same conference and we also wrestle #3 Penn at the Harvest Classic

We typically dual against #8, 15, and 18 at the Traicoff.

We have been invited to the IHSWCA Team State Duals where we could wrestle against #1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, and 17.

We have been invited to the Al Smith this year.

So out of the Top 20 last year, we have the ability to wrestle everyone except #9 Yorktown, #14 Bellmont, #16 Castle, #19 New Pal, and #20 Bloomington South.

All of the rankings were from the 1/13/2015 Team Rankings.  I am far from trying to rank this years teams, and I will allow Decbell to take care of that.

Edited by leggin89

Mooresville takes on a pretty tough slate:

Host an 8 way in week 1 that is probably the weakest tournament but still includes Plainfield and Indian Creek, who always have some studs

Week 2 another 8 way that includes Geenwood, Plainfield, and New Palestine

Then we go to Zionsville where Chesterton, Brownsburg, and Zionsville all participate to mention just a few.

We also have duals against Monrovia, who is very good right now, Columbus East, who has some studs, Franklin, always solid, and Martinsville, who should be very good with Runyon, Scroggs, and Whitaker all returning.

That's all before Christmas!

Then we host a Holiday Classic that includes Cathedral and Brownsburg, along with 20 other teams from all over the state

We also travel to Yorktown/Carroll on alternating years and down to Evansville Memorial where we take on Castle, Center Grove, and Memorial in addition to others

We finish up with Mid-state, then host a very tough Sectional and Regional as well

All-in-all, it's a fun one, spanning the whole state in order to prepare our kids for different styles they'll see at state

is the stuff we post about the toughest wrestling county in the state not interesting enough for you Joe ??? Maybe I can get super Nick to insert lots of previous post copies, quotes and stats to bolster my posts and make it something that has a little credibility to it.

and no I am staying put in my seat on the #paintrain.................there is room for others who want to get on board !!!

Jason I already knew Avon wrestles a tough schedule like every year. Just like to see who wrestling who around Indiana and as I (we) just found out Penn vs #1 OP. Like to see that Dual. Where/When is this happening at Crosstownrivals ?

#killabirdz #teamgarcia #hashtagwarz

Oprf?

Oak Park River Forest out of Chicago. Probably the top team in the nation last year and again this season. Their long time head coach Mike Powell (volunteer coach now) was a former IU wrestler. He's been featured in several articles as he battles a degenerative muscle disease. Edited by MattM

I say good for Penn wrestling that match. They'll at least find out where they stand nationally. Theres so many good National teams surrounding Indiana, about time someone had the guts to go wrestle one of them.

Totally agree, gotta wrestle the best to be the best. Win or lose might as well start at the top.

They are not out of Chicago, they are in Oak Park, in the state of Illinois. Absolute power, I agree, probably won't go Penn's way, but a great job to get them on the schedule. 

For all intensive purposes Oak Park is suburb/village area (same with River Forest) is within the greater Chicago area. They may have their own specific town setup and like the sense of independence, but basically is engulfed in Chicago in a similar way to Speedway or Broad Ripple have with Indianapolis.  If you prefer by or right outside Chicago though, I guess I can go that route.

But yes, a super power house team with most of their starters in the national rankings or at least honorable mentions.  Penn will definitely have their hands full.  If I recall correctly Carmel wrestled them at an event last year. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.