Jump to content
  • 2017/18 IHSWCA Team State Draws


    Y2CJ41

    TrackWrestling link

    Schedule

    9:00 AM – Rounds 1 through 3 (4 mats)
    Pool Play – 4 pools with 3 teams in each pool – seeded
    Rd 1 Bye – Lower seeded team in each pool
    Rd 2 Bye – Higher seeded team in each pool
    Rd 3 Bye – Unseeded team in each pool

    2:00 PM(approx) – Round 4
    Bracketed event begins based on how teams finished in their pool (4 mats)
    Consolation Matches (2 mats – 2nd  – 8th Place teams)
    -Pool A 2nd Place vs Pool D 2nd Place
    -Pool B 2nd Place vs Pool C 2nd Place
    Consolation Matches (2 mats – 3rd Place teams)
    -Pool A 3rd Place vs Pool D 3rd Place (winner ties for 9th place/loser ties for 11th place)
    -Pool B 3rd Place vs Pool C 3rd Place (winner ties for 9th place/loser ties for 11th place)

    4:00 PM(approx) – Round 5
    Bracketed Consolation Matches (4 mats)
    Championship Bracket Semi-Finals (2 mats – 1st Place teams)
    -Pool A Winner vs Pool D Winner
    -Pool B Winner vs Pool C Winner
    5th/6th Place Dual and 7th/8th Place Dual (2 mats)

    6:00 PM(approx)– Round 6
    Finals for Places 1st – 4th (2 mats per class – 6 mats total for Event)

    3A Teams
    Pool 1
    #1 Brownsburg
    #8 Roncalli
    Center Grove

    Pool 2
    #2 Perry Merdian
    #7 Penn
    Castle

    Pool 3
    #3 Evansville Mater Dei
    #6 Columbus East
    Carroll

    Pool 4
    #4 Portage
    #5 Avon
    Harrison (WL)

    2A Teams
    Pool 1
    #1 Yorktown
    #8 New Haven
    New Prairie

    Pool 2
    #2 Wawasee
    #7 Bellmont
    Franklin County

    Pool 3
    #3 North Montgomery
    #6 Edgewood
    Lawrenceburg

    Pool 4
    #4 Garrett
    #5 Jimtown
    Indian Creek

    1A Teams
    Pool 1
    #1 Prairie Heights
    #8 Milan
    Attica

    Pool 2
    #2 Central Noble
    #7 Eastern (Greentown)
    Shenandoah

    Pool 3
    #3 Frankton
    #6 North Posey
    South Adams

    Pool 4
    #4 Adams Central
    #5 Knightstown
    Cass



    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments



    Seems strange no predictions or chatter...interest waning as we await the never ending arrival of #TheYoungGunz?

    I'll roll #PainTrain over Portage in one semi...and PM over EMD in the other..#PainTrain rolls.

    Think the seeds will hold in 5-8 with #TheCounty over Roncalli and Penn(ProudPennSupporter) over CE. #TheCounty rolls to 5th..but wait til next year!!!

    Don't have much 2A/1A knowledge so won't pretend I do, but wish Jimtown could have avoided Ytown in semis.

    Everybody have fun! Great time.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Team state was always my favorite time of year when I was growing up. I have many memories of wrestlers that didn't have the same credentials as the big names and then beating them or preventing a pin and really stepping up for their team. It really is a site to see the big guns go at it.

     

    You can watch the tournament live by going here: Live-streaming

    And the track wrestling link is here: Trackwrestling link

    Good luck to everybody!

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    The Harrison Raiders drew the 9 seed which gives privilege of drawing under seeded Portage and the #TheYoungGunz.  Toughest overall pool in my opinion.  I see slim chances for Harrison pulling an upset in pool play, but they're  going to enjoy swimming in the big boy pool none the less and will win some matches.         Sounds like a better time hanging around the big boy pool  than Brickfor6's plan of hanging at the  Southlake Mall in Hobart throwing pennies in the reflection pool, and reflecting on how Hobart didn't make the show.   Anyway Brickfor6,  Victoria's Secret will has some special on under garments this weekend at the Southlake Mall.

    Anyway, if Harrison doesn't win a match in pool play,  I foresee a good match up between Carroll and Harrison, because I don't think Carroll is going to win in pool play anyway which would result in a Carroll vs Harrison match.    The good news for Harrison is that Y2CJ4 has provided some great bulletin board material for the Raiders in his famous  "Committee of Power minutes" that disrespects the Raiders in Nazi Propaganda style format".    Im just going to say Harrison is going to be fired up for that match if it happens,  and Im going to call it the "Battle of the Bulge", and Harrison is going to be the good guys,  and Carroll's colors are similar to the German Nazis. 

     

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    40 minutes ago, UncleJimmy said:

    Seems strange no predictions or chatter...interest waning as we await the never ending arrival of #TheYoungGunz?

    I'll roll #PainTrain over Portage in one semi...and PM over EMD in the other..#PainTrain rolls.

    Think the seeds will hold in 5-8 with #TheCounty over Roncalli and Penn(ProudPennSupporter) over CE. #TheCounty rolls to 5th..but wait til next year!!!

    Don't have much 2A/1A knowledge so won't pretend I do, but wish Jimtown could have avoided Ytown in semis.

    Everybody have fun! Great time.

    Don’t count out CE Death Row between 126-160 . Right matchups with those 6 wrestlers you might find yourself lookup up in a deep hole . 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    17 minutes ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

    The Harrison Raiders drew the 9 seed which gives privilege of drawing under seeded Portage and the #TheYoungGunz.  Toughest overall pool in my opinion.  I see slim chances for Harrison pulling an upset in pool play, but they're  going to enjoy swimming in the big boy pool none the less and will win some matches.         Sounds like a better time hanging around the big boy pool  than Brickfor6's plan of hanging at the  Southlake Mall in Hobart throwing pennies in the reflection pool, and reflecting on how Hobart didn't make the show.   Anyway Brickfor6,  Victoria's Secret will has some special on under garments this weekend at the Southlake Mall.

    Anyway, if Harrison doesn't win a match in pool play,  I foresee a good match up between Carroll and Harrison, because I don't think Carroll is going to win in pool play anyway which would result in a Carroll vs Harrison match.    The good news for Harrison is that Y2CJ4 has provided some great bulletin board material for the Raiders in his famous  "Committee of Power minutes" that disrespects the Raiders in Nazi Propaganda style format".    Im just going to say Harrison is going to be fired up for that match if it happens,  and Im going to call it the "Battle of the Bulge", and Harrison is going to be the good guys,  and Carroll's colors are similar to the German Nazis. 

     

     

    The ole blue and white nazis...those guys were jerks

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    39 minutes ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

    The Harrison Raiders drew the 9 seed which gives privilege of drawing under seeded Portage and the #TheYoungGunz.  Toughest overall pool in my opinion.  I see slim chances for Harrison pulling an upset in pool play, but they're  going to enjoy swimming in the big boy pool none the less and will win some matches.         Sounds like a better time hanging around the big boy pool  than Brickfor6's plan of hanging at the  Southlake Mall in Hobart throwing pennies in the reflection pool, and reflecting on how Hobart didn't make the show.   Anyway Brickfor6,  Victoria's Secret will has some special on under garments this weekend at the Southlake Mall.

    Anyway, if Harrison doesn't win a match in pool play,  I foresee a good match up between Carroll and Harrison, because I don't think Carroll is going to win in pool play anyway which would result in a Carroll vs Harrison match.    The good news for Harrison is that Y2CJ4 has provided some great bulletin board material for the Raiders in his famous  "Committee of Power minutes" that disrespects the Raiders in Nazi Propaganda style format".    Im just going to say Harrison is going to be fired up for that match if it happens,  and Im going to call it the "Battle of the Bulge", and Harrison is going to be the good guys,  and Carroll's colors are similar to the German Nazis. 

     

     

    We need more posts like this 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    14 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

    The only way Harrison would take on the Chargers would be if both were in the championship or consolation brackets. I would hate for facts to get in the way of your post though.

    Crap,  I just looked further into the format.   So the 3rd place in pool only gets one match after the pool.   And Carroll is in C and Harrison is in D.    B wrestles C and A wrestles D.   I was assuming it would  be like the extra match for 9 the and 10th place, wasn't it like that in prior years.  Im disappointed.  So 3rd place in pool will only get 3 matches on the day?

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Just my opinion --

    Best team 'potential' match

    • Brownsburg vs EMD

    Best individual 'potential' match

    • 106 -- Moran vs Cottey
    • 113 -- Lowery vs Montgomery
    • 120 -- Fair vs Peele
    • 126 -- Garcia, Rooks, Mills, Poynter, Viduya, DeMien, Egil, Willis / I can't pick just one
    • 132 -- Kreitzer vs Dickens
    • 138 --- Mulkey vs Rumph
    • 145 -- McIntosh vs Asbury
    • 152 -- Washington vs Conley
    • 160 -- B Lee (152) vs Mappes
    • 170 -- Warren vs Brewer
    • 182 -- Mahern vs Conde
    • 195 -- Walton (182) vs Maceo
    • 220 -- Boots vs Aiken
    • 285 - Peterson vs Heinrichs
    Edited by Indysportsfan
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, Indysportsfan said:

    Just my opinion --

    Best team 'potential' match

    • Brownsburg vs EMD

    Best individual 'potential' match

    • 106 -- Moran vs Cottey
    • 113 -- Lowery vs Montgomery
    • 120 -- Fair vs Peele
    • 126 -- Garcia, Rooks, Mills, Poynter, Viduya, DeMien, Egil, Willis / I can't pick just one
    • 132 -- Kreitzer vs Dickens
    • 138 --- Mulkey vs Rumph
    • 145 -- McIntosh vs Asbury
    • 152 -- Washington vs Conley
    • 160 -- B Lee (152) vs Mappes
    • 170 -- Warren vs Brewer
    • 182 -- Mahern vs Conde
    • 195 -- Walton (182) vs Maceo
    • 220 -- Boots vs Aiken
    • 285 - Peterson vs Heinrichs

    285 - Heinrich isn’t on the CG Team Roster. 

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.