Semi State Updates

2 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

Whatever buddy! 😂 

maybe heartbroken for his kid that just wrestled his last match. 

Geeez

I'm not sure there was much happy for anyone with that match. 

Relief on MD's part for Henderson, stress for Coach Schaefer not knowing whether his wrestler would be DQ'd on a questionable call, seeing a wrestler hurt on the mat and his son wrestling at the same time on a different mat.  And Coach Snyder disappointment and a heavy level of concern.  

I do believe the result was the correct one based on the match itself.  But no one can be happy seeing Haines needing to be carted off.  Just a tough situation all the way around.

27 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

Yes… in one of the classiest moves that I ever seen. Coach Snyder defaulted. Couldn’t be more proud of our staff! 

Mattyb

What is the calculus?  Snyder thought that the referee got it wrong and MDF'd?  Or, knew that Preston would not be able to wrestle again in a week?

30 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

Yes… in one of the classiest moves that I ever seen. Coach Snyder defaulted. Couldn’t be more proud of our staff! 

I have never seen that done before and I can think of many times it would have been the “right” thing to do. My hat’s off to Coach Snyder. 

Hopefully Haines is not badly injured.

8 minutes ago, hook and half said:

Mattyb

What is the calculus?  Snyder thought that the referee got it wrong and MDF'd?  Or, knew that Preston would not be able to wrestle again in a week?

My guess is…both. 

3 minutes ago, TakeTheShot said:

I have never seen that done before and I can think of many times it would have been the “right” thing to do. My hat’s off to Coach Snyder. 

Hopefully Haines is not badly injured.

He was walking and stand-in up on his own so I don't think it's serious.

39 minutes ago, hook and half said:

Mattyb

Just talked to Schaefers youngest son. He confirmed that Snyder defaulted. I mean that’s a pretty good source.

We all Just need to prayers to Preston. And know the right thing was done.

Btw… just ran into @TripleB he somehow smuggled a full thing of mints in today!!! 

Edited by Mattyb

The Brownsburg coach medically forfeiting in the Haines/Henderson match was perhaps the classiest thing I’ve seen in wrestling. The match was almost over and your wrestler was on the verge of losing. He appeared to have some other injury problem as well, having already taken injury time just a few seconds prior. The ref’s call of an illegal move was questionable at best. Brownsburg could have taken the cheap win and made Haines a “state qualifier” in name only, but sucked it up and did the right thing. 

Henderson’s season lives on solely because of the sportsmanship of Brownsburg. 

Prayers for a speedy recovery to Haines.