Tickets for State- Ford Center, Evansville, Indiana

I understand they let wrestlers have so many tickets, but why not have the upper section available now?   Why not put a limit on the number of tickets each account can buy?   8 seems like a good number.   Ford Center has significantly less seating.  Are they doing the “t” mat layout again? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2024 at 10:23 PM, awill0352 said:

I understand they let wrestlers have so many tickets, but why not have the upper section available now?   Why not put a limit on the number of tickets each account can buy?   8 seems like a good number.   Ford Center has significantly less seating.  Are they doing the “t” mat layout again? 

It will be set up just like semi-state, with 4 mats across. 

On 1/17/2024 at 11:23 PM, awill0352 said:

It's not significantly less as people want to say.

I could only find the numbers for 2017, but the average attendance per session was 11,000. According to the Ford Center people they will be able to have 9,500. While smaller, it's only about 1,500 smaller which is pretty good compared to other venues around the state.

3 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

It's not significantly less as people want to say.

I could only find the numbers for 2017, but the average attendance per session was 11,000. According to the Ford Center people they will be able to have 9,500. While smaller, it's only about 1,500 smaller which is pretty good compared to other venues around the state.

But the capacity at Gainbridge is over 17,000. So though maybe only 1500 people who "usually" go won't  be able to, there will be a lot less space  than there is in Gainbridge, which is probably why the poster is worried about seating already. It may be a hot ticket. I wouldn't be surprised if several people don't make the trek that would if it were in Indy, I also wouldn't be surprised if people who want to go can't get tickets due to the number of seats available.

1 minute ago, Coach Brobst said:

But the capacity at Gainbridge is over 17,000. So though maybe only 1500 people who "usually" go won't  be able to, there will be a lot less space  than there is in Gainbridge, which is probably why the poster is worried about seating already. It may be a hot ticket. I wouldn't be surprised if several people don't make the trek that would if it were in Indy, I also wouldn't be surprised if people who want to go can't get tickets due to the number of seats available.

The capacity for a hockey setup at Gainbridge is around 12,500, which is basically what we use for wrestling.

It will be tighter and friendlier this year, but we aren't losing as much as you want to think we are losing.

There are people that don't go for whatever reason when it's in Indy, this year will be no different. 

Just now, Y2CJ41 said:

The capacity for a hockey setup at Gainbridge is around 12,500, which is basically what we use for wrestling.

It will be tighter and friendlier this year, but we aren't losing as much as you want to think we are losing.

There are people that don't go for whatever reason when it's in Indy, this year will be no different. 

Well that's good to know. I'm just saying I understand the concern some fans are having with the availability of tickets. For instance, we usually bring a pretty sizable crowd of 30-50 fans, even if we only qualify 1-3 kids. I know we have a large group of 30 already prepping to go down and stay in Evansville this year, but there are real concerns about whether everyone will be able to get tickets. 

You noted we averaged 11,000 people per session in 2017. Assuming that's still the case with extra drive for some, that's 1500 people who won't be able to attend. 

So we're either reliant upon 1500 people not wanting to make the effort or we're going to have a ticket shortage. 

Any time we have a new situation, there will be anxiety regarding it and I'm sure the issues in 2021 being so fresh in everyone's minds aren't helping assuage those feelings any.

2 minutes ago, Coach Brobst said:

Well that's good to know. I'm just saying I understand the concern some fans are having with the availability of tickets. For instance, we usually bring a pretty sizable crowd of 30-50 fans, even if we only qualify 1-3 kids. I know we have a large group of 30 already prepping to go down and stay in Evansville this year, but there are real concerns about whether everyone will be able to get tickets. 

You noted we averaged 11,000 people per session in 2017. Assuming that's still the case with extra drive for some, that's 1500 people who won't be able to attend. 

So we're either reliant upon 1500 people not wanting to make the effort or we're going to have a ticket shortage. 

Any time we have a new situation, there will be anxiety regarding it and I'm sure the issues in 2021 being so fresh in everyone's minds aren't helping assuage those feelings any.

I know of 4 people from my group that aren't going this year, so we only need to find the 1496 others. From all of the complaining on here and Facebook, it seems there might only be about 500 people showing up.

Just now, Y2CJ41 said:

I know of 4 people from my group that aren't going this year, so we only need to find the 1496 others. From all of the complaining on here and Facebook, it seems there might only be about 500 people showing up.

Like I said, wouldn't be surprised if it's just a low attendance year due to location and the concern for getting tickets is moot. But we'll see.

Spoke w/ some Evansville peeps yesterday and Evansville is buzzing. The anticipation is that there will be a crazy amount of walk ups. Wrestling is massive in Evansville and the Southwest part of the state. Evansville is 2 hrs and 45 min from Indy, Mt Vernon is over 3 hours, i'm guessing most don't make that drive unless there's a personal connection to state. 

I think it's not crazy to say 2-3k fans in that area that don't normally make the the drive will attend this year. 

4 minutes ago, TripleB said:

Spoke w/ some Evansville peeps yesterday and Evansville is buzzing. The anticipation is that there will be a crazy amount of walk ups. Wrestling is massive in Evansville and the Southwest part of the state. Evansville is 2 hrs and 45 min from Indy, Mt Vernon is over 3 hours, i'm guessing most don't make that drive unless there's a personal connection to state. 

I think it's not crazy to say 2-3k fans in that area that don't normally make the the drive will attend this year. 

This is a very good point.  I think you are right.  I know of at least one family that is from that area that will be attending and only went to Indy when their son wrestled.  Just not sure it will offset the number of people not going from 3-4 hours aways.  I'm not to worried about tickets.  I think it will work out fine.  What concerns me more is food around the stadium.  In any case I will be there and if less people show up shorter lines. 

2 minutes ago, VisionQuest87 said:

This is a very good point.  I think you are right.  I know of at least one family that is from that area that will be attending and only went to Indy when their son wrestled.  Just not sure it will offset the number of people not going from 3-4 hours aways.  I'm not to worried about tickets.  I think it will work out fine.  What concerns me more is food around the stadium.  In any case I will be there and if less people show up shorter lines. 

Yeah the food/areas around the stadium will slammed Saturday between sessions, that's for sure. 

8 hours ago, TripleB said:

Those 2-3k fans may be the Westside of Evansville! 

#BringBackTheTights