Upsets and Pot Stirrings

Interesting, Warren Central FFs 106 to 132 vs Center Grove. Track shows wrestlers at those weight classes with weigh ins. Anyone got the scoop? Giving up 30 points at team state is well ya know...

3 hours ago, Ahawkeye said:

This is one reason we lost Team State from IHSAA to begin with. Hope there is a good reason other than coaches not wanting their wrestlers to face possible tournament opponents.

Warren isn't ducking anyone. Had nothing to do with match ups. 

WC putting up a string of forfeits was weird, and just made no sense.  I was half watching, but it looked like they wrestled all those weights in the next dual, and then just left instead of wrestling the final consolation match.  

EMD pulling their hwt in the 3/4 dual with CG was weird too.  He was up and getting ready, then the coach saw the CG kid check in and said "nah, we're not doing this today".  

16 minutes ago, Birdie said:

How can they get the seeds so wrong?

A team could certainly have an off day, especially if they have a long drive to get there.  Weird things happen to kids when they're stuck on a bus/get up way too early.  

5 minutes ago, decbell1 said:

Sawyer, If you'd like to call out the committee, why don't you put your name with your posts. 

I'm not calling out the committe. The thread is stirring the pot. And I thought it was a interesting fact.

I fully understand seeding is hard and don't have a problem with them being the #2 seed. I just thought it was a interesting fact. 

1 hour ago, rrschott said:

WC putting up a string of forfeits was weird, and just made no sense.  I was half watching, but it looked like they wrestled all those weights in the next dual, and then just left instead of wrestling the final consolation match.  

EMD pulling their hwt in the 3/4 dual with CG was weird too.  He was up and getting ready, then the coach saw the CG kid check in and said "nah, we're not doing this today".  

Maybe the coach was thinking long-term (potential) semi-state match up. If you think it is going to be close, or a 50-50, why let one person get the mental edge over the other going into semi-state. 100% just speculating. 

12 minutes ago, decbell1 said:

Sawyer, If you'd like to call out the committee, why don't you put your name with your posts. 

However, this is THE biggest event for 1A schools normally and stuff like this shouldn't happen at a tournament this big. 

My original post had no ill-intent, and made zero attacks towards the seeding committee. 

Not fully understanding why you had to name drop me and come after me like that after a simple post. 

7 minutes ago, SunDevils said:

Maybe the coach was thinking long-term (potential) semi-state match up. If you think it is going to be close, or a 50-50, why let one person get the mental edge over the other going into semi-state. 100% just speculating. 

It was more an attempt to pot stir.  I know the cg kid was 100% ready to roll, and I'm personally of the "just let them wrestle" mind set.  I also believe you've got a better chance of winning a 50/50 match if you've got experience with the kid.

9 minutes ago, rrschott said:

I also believe you've got a better chance of winning a 50/50 match if you've got experience with the kid.

Who has the better chance in that scenario since they have both wrestled each other?  

1 hour ago, rrschott said:

I’m terms of the EMD/CG HWT match you are definitely ttrying to stir the pot, weren’t watching very closely, and can’t read lips. 

it was a heavyweight match and MD did ff but the rest of your details are incorrect, unless “warmed up and ready” means sitting on bench in his full warmup pants and team

shirt and headgear on the ground.