Upsets and Pot Stirrings

2 hours ago, Nathan Williams said:

Rochester is far and away the best team in 1A this year and would make some serious noise in 2A.  As far as seeding went, West Central went into this tournament in a no-win situation.  I was honestly just hoping for a top four seed after edging out a banged up Rochester team at the Joe Burvan Duals.  If we would’ve been seeded below Rochester, I guarantee there wouldn’t be one West Central supporter complaining about that.  
WC belonged in the small gym all day long with the product we put on the mat today.  I do not post on Indianamat, I just look like thousands of others do.  

However, being from one of the smallest schools in the state, competing with the great programs we did today (and in 2014, 2015 and 2023), it’s always been humbling and great for us.  Congratulations to all teams that competed today. 

Nathan Williams

West Central Assistant Coach

Less than 200 students in the school... crazy. 

Plus, one transfer away from having a possible 4x champ in Clinton Shepherd, if I understand the situation correctly. 

I'm impressed.

1 hour ago, ZZ TOP said:

Cooter it looks like you should send your kids to Rochester in 8th grade instead of Caston

🤣

The next Ethan Amezquita.  Wrestled great today.  

Look out Crown Point.  We recruiting from Caston/Pioneer/North Miami. Lol

(Jk obviously.) North Miami has some young guys that are going to be TOUGH!

Edited by Coplen187

Unless WC has a valid explanation, they shouldn’t be eligible for Team State next year. Others have mentioned this but this is the type of shenanigans that the IHSAA used to justify eliminating the team portion of the post season. Fortunately the IHSWCA can hold schools accountable for this type of tomfoolery.  

18 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Once again the board is showing how classy it is by slamming a team full of high school children whom I'd guess didn't make the call to leave.  Busche League.Shaking Head Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

The 5 starters who didn’t make weight may have contributed to coach’s decision.  Plenty of “slamming” to go around. 

47 minutes ago, AlaskanMountie said:

Unless WC has a valid explanation, they shouldn’t be eligible for Team State next year. Others have mentioned this but this is the type of shenanigans that the IHSAA used to justify eliminating the team portion of the post season. Fortunately the IHSWCA can hold schools accountable for this type of tomfoolery.  

I agree, whats sad is the selfishness (unless a valid reason) to pull a team like that when so many people work hard to put this great event together. This event is fun and alot of ppl work hard to get these mostly ranked kids together to battle and have a good time and now there is a team that is short on matches due to wc pulling. I'm sure alot of team would be honored to be apart of team state! Absolutely should be banned from team state and its a shame! Imo! 

Side note: all the hard working people that were involved with hosting and putting team state together thank you for all that you do for these kids! Indiana is blessed! 

7 hours ago, Fanoffans said:

Whining about a 7th vs. 8th place match between two teams who already had a dual meet at full strength... hilarious.

It’s not about 7th or 8th place. It’s about the quality of the matchup that will help prepare the wrestlers for the tournament. 

8 hours ago, Fanoffans said:

Whining about a 7th vs. 8th place match between two teams who already had a dual meet at full strength... hilarious.

That’s incredibly weak if Warren Central conceded defeat because they already lost to Avon by 4. Last time the 215 match was decided in UTB, flip a one point match and WC wins. Anyone excusing or arguing for WC’s actions are losers. The whole purpose of wrestling is to show up to events, toe the line, and compete. Forfeiting five weight classes when you have 50 guys on your roster and leaving competition early is the antithesis of what we are as a sport. Only way this is excusable is if there is some tragic outside reason, but no one yet has given a reason like that. If Warren Central doesn’t want to compete, then kick them out. At least a year or two ban from team state. 

33 minutes ago, navy80 said:

It’s not about 7th or 8th place. It’s about the quality of the matchup that will help prepare the wrestlers for the tournament. 

So you can tell me, without speculating, why they didn't wrestle and that this was not a mutual decision? What makes you think that it would have been, again without speculating, it would have been a "quality matchup"? They forfeited five classes against Perry for whatever reason. Again, I doubt that you could tell me, without speculating, why. 

3 minutes ago, Thor said:

That’s incredibly weak if Warren Central conceded defeat because they already lost to Avon by 4. Last time the 215 match was decided in UTB, flip a one point match and WC wins. Anyone excusing or arguing for WC’s actions are losers. The whole purpose of wrestling is to show up to events, toe the line, and compete. Forfeiting five weight classes when you have 50 guys on your roster and leaving competition early is the antithesis of what we are as a sport. Only way this is excusable is if there is some tragic outside reason, but no one yet has given a reason like that. If Warren Central doesn’t want to compete, then kick them out. At least a year or two ban from team state. 

They had five wrights that for whatever reason we're not wrestling. I am not guessing, there are many reasons that could have happened, as to why.  I will leave that for the rest of you to do.

10 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Once again the board is showing how classy it is by slamming a team full of high school children whom I'd guess didn't make the call to leave.  Busche League.Shaking Head Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

“Bush league”

To clarify I don’t believe anyone is “slamming the kids”.. I think everyone is bothered that the “leaders of young men”(coaches and AD) thought this was a wise move or the right thing to do. 

35 minutes ago, Pg_rated said:

“Bush league”

To clarify I don’t believe anyone is “slamming the kids”.. I think everyone is bothered that the “leaders of young men”(coaches and AD) thought this was a wise move or the right thing to do. 

Slamming the team is what I said. The team consists of coaches, student athletes, managers, their supporters.  Talking about permanently banning them. Sounds creepy and insidious. And has some undertones to it that I might consider culturally biased.  I see the demographic of the Warren athletes and I see them getting hosed all the time like at the Al Smith. The officiating was totally biased as if they didn’t want the kids from Warren to win. Now don’t try to mansplain something to me like I can't read between the lines and I haven’t seen this type of Good Ol’ Boys getting their panties in a bunch about a situation that doesn’t concern them. A bunch of Chads and Karens.

Edited by GenHeavyHandz

1 hour ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Slamming the team is what I said. The team consists of coaches, student athletes, managers, their supporters.  Talking about permanently banning them. Sounds creepy and insidious. And has some undertones to it that I might consider culturally biased.  I see the demographic of the Warren athletes and I see them getting hosed all the time like at the Al Smith. The officiating was totally biased as if they didn’t want the kids from Warren to win. Now don’t try to mansplain something to me like I can't read between the lines and I haven’t seen this type of Good Ol’ Boys getting their panties in a bunch about a situation that doesn’t concern them. A bunch of Chads and Karens.

I think turning it to a racial thing is a big leap.  I don't doubt the talk would be exactly the same if it was EMD or perry that just up and left before the last dual of the tournament.  Maybe there was a perfectly good reason for it; maybe the coach even cleared it with Avon/the event staff before they left.  I honestly hope they did, because team state seems like a better tournament with WC there, and removing them over this is only going to hurt their program and their kids in the long run; those kids definitely don't deserve that.  But from the outside looking in, it's not a good look.

2 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

WOW! I usually agree with the General on a lot of things...but turning it racial?? Then to follow it up with the Chad and Karen comment which actually sounds racist?!. Lost some respect there.  Very weak. I know a lot of the wrestlers on Warren and they are great kids. Don't know the reason for the pull out but the reaction would have been the same for any team that did that. Disappointing.

41 minutes ago, rrschott said:

I think turning it to a racial thing is a big leap.  I don't doubt the talk would be exactly the same if it was EMD or perry that just up and left before the last dual of the tournament.  Maybe there was a perfectly good reason for it; maybe the coach even cleared it with Avon/the event staff before they left.  I honestly hope they did, because team state seems like a better tournament with WC there, and removing them over this is only going to hurt their program and their kids in the long run; those kids definitely don't deserve that.  But from the outside looking in, it's not a good look.

I said cultural. Nice try.

1 minute ago, HWTDAD said:

WOW! I usually agree with the General on a lot of things...but turning it racial?? Then to follow it up with the Chad and Karen comment which actually sounds racist?!. Lost some respect there.  Very weak. I know a lot of the wrestlers on Warren and they are great kids. Don't know the reason for the pull out but the reaction would have been the same for any team that did that. Disappointing.

100%

2 minutes ago, HWTDAD said:

I said cultural. The Warren kids are many races.  I heard the code words. Chads and Karens poke their noses in other peoples business.  I don't think that's a race.  The decision Warren Central made is none of our business. I think again it's cultural. They don't like Warren Central's swagger.  My opinion and i don't thrive on your respect: trust me.  I call as I see it not as you do. I'm going to say things you're not going to like. I guarantee you there are people who agree with me and just won't say it.

12 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

I said cultural. The Warren kids are many races.  I heard the code words. Chads and Karens poke their noses in other peoples business.  I don't think that's a race.  The decision Warren Central made is none of our business. I think again it's cultural. They don't like Warren Central's swagger.  My opinion and i don't thrive on your respect: trust me.  I call as I see it not as you do. I'm going to say things you're not going to like. I guarantee you there are people who agree with me and just won't say it.

Yeah we all heard the code words too my friend..."cultural", "demographic", "good ol boys" , "Chads", "Karens"....you can try to explain it any way you want , but we all knew what you meant. I am done with this thread. I hope you have a good day.

1 minute ago, HWTDAD said:

Yeah we all heard the code words too my friend..."cultural", "demographic", "good ol boys" , "Chads", "Karens"....you can try to explain it any way you want , but we all knew what you meant. I am done with this thread. I hope you have a good day.

Real Housewives Goodbye GIF