Upsets and Pot Stirrings

4 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

I was clear and concise no need for your spin. Read it again.  Race and culture are two different things. 

Ok. Taking it as face value, what's the cultural difference between Warren central and say perry meridian? Or WC and any of the schools you're putting into a "good ole boys club"?

11 minutes ago, rrschott said:

Ok. Taking it as face value, what's the cultural difference between Warren central and say perry meridian? Or WC and any of the schools you're putting into a "good ole boys club"?

Reading is fundamental.  I never said nothing about the schools. I was talking about the people who are whining.  And the bias I've seen towards Warren in person at the Al Smith.  In the stands and on the mat.  And it's not new and you know it.  But I won't be goaded into elaboration.  If you want to twist my words to fit your narrative that's your prerogative. Some people can actually read. Not use emotion, but come to logical deductions. Could I put it a softer way: yes. That's not my modus operandi.

14 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

That's my issue.

It's also interesting to note that Center Grove and Carmel both left the MIC due to "cultural differences", publicly stating that no less.

3 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Slamming the team is what I said. The team consists of coaches, student athletes, managers, their supporters.  Talking about permanently banning them. Sounds creepy and insidious. And has some undertones to it that I might consider culturally biased.  I see the demographic of the Warren athletes and I see them getting hosed all the time like at the Al Smith. The officiating was totally biased as if they didn’t want the kids from Warren to win. Now don’t try to mansplain something to me like I can't read between the lines and I haven’t seen this type of Good Ol’ Boys getting their panties in a bunch about a situation that doesn’t concern them. A bunch of Chads and Karens.

Wow, officiating out to get Warren too? I was at al smith and feel officiating has alot of tough calls and prob taking applications if we can do better, I think they all do a great job and won't always be calls we like just like these threads where we won't always like what ppl post! 

I know you had nothing but good intentions on this post but came off different in a few ways. I truly believe this would be the same topic no matter the team or "demographic" of athlete. If they have legit reasoning so be it but I think it was more the way it happened no matter what team it was. 

Let's not make it more than what it is, it is a big event that the team no matter what team should handle with professionalism and feel honored to be apart of. Alot of hard work, dedication is put forth to put these great events on and that should be respected. 

With that said, if there is a legit reason for all that happened then nothing should happen but if it is just carelessness it should be addressed 

Edited by jshep86

If WC had a legitimate reason for all of this, they would have found the tournament director and explained the situation. The fact that nothing has been brought to light on why they left early tells you a lot. When the best excuse their ilk can come up with is, “cultural bias by officials,” you know they’re throwing spaghetti at the wall. 

44 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Reading is fundamental.  I never said nothing about the schools. I was talking about the people who are whining.  And the bias I've seen towards Warren in person at the Al Smith.  In the stands and on the mat.  And it's not new and you know it.  But I won't be goaded into elaboration.  If you want to twist my words to fit your narrative that's your prerogative. Some people can actually read. Not use emotion, but come to logical deductions. Could I put it a softer way: yes. That's not my modus operandi.

WC pulled out; General Heavy Hands' dad did not.  You see the result.

To all of you Karens and Chads:  I kid.

Can @TeamGarcia show me how to automatically put a footer on my posts that contain a trigger warning?

1 hour ago, Fanoffans said:

It's also interesting to note that Center Grove and Carmel both left the MIC due to "cultural differences", publicly stating that no less.

Well when you are at a football game and gunshots are going off outside the stadium, why would you want your fans and students to be anywhere near that stuff?

26 minutes ago, navy80 said:

Well when you are at a football game and gunshots are going off outside the stadium, why would you want your fans and students to be anywhere near that stuff?

What did cultural differences mean when they used the phrase? Seems only one side is allowed to use the phrase.

1 minute ago, Fanoffans said:

What did cultural differences mean when they used the phrase? Seems only one side is allowed to use the phrase.

No idea... but I'd guess a culture of low standards of protecting the safety and security of fans and students during games since that is what I recall that happened. 

3 hours ago, hook and half said:

WC pulled out; General Heavy Hands' dad did not.  You see the result.

To all of you Karens and Chads:  I kid.

Can @TeamGarcia show me how to automatically put a footer on my posts that contain a trigger warning?

I hope you weren't taking a shot at my now deceased father.  The results are what? Someone who ain't with the boot scoot boogie? Ya darn tootin' ya rascal.  Go clean your spittoon. 

4 hours ago, jshep86 said:

Wow, officiating out to get Warren too? I was at al smith and feel officiating has alot of tough calls and prob taking applications if we can do better, I think they all do a great job and won't always be calls we like just like these threads where we won't always like what ppl post! 

I know you had nothing but good intentions on this post but came off different in a few ways. I truly believe this would be the same topic no matter the team or "demographic" of athlete. If they have legit reasoning so be it but I think it was more the way it happened no matter what team it was. 

Let's not make it more than what it is, it is a big event that the team no matter what team should handle with professionalism and feel honored to be apart of. Alot of hard work, dedication is put forth to put these great events on and that should be respected. 

With that said, if there is a legit reason for all that happened then nothing should happen but if it is just carelessness it should be addressed 

I hear ya Shep. My problem is why did all the tough calls seem to go against Warren? I don't have a dog in the fight. Officials are not beyond reproach. When people tell me "they aren't perfect" and "they sacrifice their time'," or "he is a good guy, I've known him for years"......so does that mean that they don't have personal biases?  I've been around the block, and you can say "They do a great job," until they don't.  Am I supposed to not say anything?

1 hour ago, Ahawkeye said:

Some things aren't worth a response.

well said.  so tired of seeing apparently a lonely dude using passive aggressive baiting techniques using innuendos to draw in attention upon themselves, then attacking others to get more attention.  yes that's directed toward you, the one that flaunts a military name but falls well short on the integrity of those that actual truly carry a military title.

1 hour ago, Clan Campbell said:

well said.  so tired of seeing apparently a lonely dude using passive aggressive baiting techniques using innuendos to draw in attention upon themselves, then attacking others to get more attention.  yes that's directed toward you, the one that flaunts a military name but falls well short on the integrity of those that actual truly carry a military title.

Lonely?  I'm married with 8 children.  Passive aggressive? I don't think I said anything passively.  Military name.  I didn't name myself GenHeavyHandz i was given the moniker because my kids went to Wayne High School: Home of the Generals.  And I always yelled: "Heavy Hands! "You know nothing of my integrity.  Trust me if I said anything out of order I'd be banned. It's my opinion.  Just like you have the right to read a message board and determine someone's integrity off of that.  You know this ain't real and some of us are playing a character don't you? You may be unaware but most people on here know me in real life. Now the next time you want to say something about me @ me .  That way I'll be notified and can respond in a timely manner.  Facts are when I post I move emotion and start conversations.  I bring eyes and views to the site. You couldn't resist me either.  So you fell for the okey doke.  I would say your name is unbefitting of a member of a clan: just like you said about the military.  But on further thought: it fits you well.

4 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

I hear ya Shep. My problem is why did all the tough calls seem to go against Warren? I don't have a dog in the fight. Officials are not beyond reproach. When people tell me "they aren't perfect" and "they sacrifice their time'," or "he is a good guy, I've known him for years"......so does that mean that they don't have personal biases?  I've been around the block, and you can say "They do a great job," until they don't.  Am I supposed to not say anything?

I'm sure you can ask any coach and they would say "why all the tough calls go against (insert school) not just Warren but we can make that up too I guess. I've seen alot of missed calls this yr!  Refs must be out to get everyone or we are giving them tough situations where you have a second to make a decision.  Refs have a tough job! Coaches, parents and everyone critique their every move and most decisions are a gray area where no two people will think alike. I personally think refs care and want the best wrestler to win and most enter reffing because they have a burning passion for the sport. This is my honest opinion! 

ahh, I see I got your attention and garnered one of your lengthier responses and I got you off topic; although still filled with baiting comments.  Sorry, I'm not biting....  Like your altruistic thinking about building views and support for this site, that's a great mission, stay focused on that

Just now, Clan Campbell said:

ahh, I see I got your attention and garnered one of your lengthier responses and I got you off topic; although still filled with baiting comments.  Sorry, I'm not biting....  Like your altruistic thinking about building views and support for this site, that's a great mission, stay focused on that

So who is passive aggressive?  

5 minutes ago, jshep86 said:

I'm sure you can ask any coach and they would say "why all the tough calls go against (insert school) not just Warren but we can make that up too I guess. I've seen alot of missed calls this yr!  Refs must be out to get everyone or we are giving them tough situations where you have a second to make a decision.  Refs have a tough job! Coaches, parents and everyone critique their every move and most decisions are a gray area where no two people will think alike. I personally think refs care and want the best wrestler to win and most enter reffing because they have a burning passion for the sport. This is my honest opinion! 

That's noble. I'm not trying to change your opinion. I'm just stating mine.  I could be wrong: I've been wrong before.  I just don't believe in coincidences. 

9 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

So who is passive aggressive?  

Hmmm, a fat old dude that posts 5 times a year, yep that most be me; I'm passively trying to get attention...  maybe someone should step back and look at themselves in a mirror

Just now, Clan Campbell said:

Hmmm, a fat old dude that posts 5 times a year, yep that most be me; I'm passively trying to get attention...  maybe someone should step back and look at themselves in a mirror

By your spelling errors I'm going to guess that you're a child.  An adult wouldn't care what some old fat guy types.

2 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

By your spelling errors I'm going to guess that you're a child.  An adult wouldn't care what some old fat guy types.

yep, just a simpleton child that you like to attack