Indiana's best programs according to ChatGPT

If you cant tell I am bored today.  Anyhow I asked ChatGPT-

What are the top 10 all time best Indiana High School wrestling programs?

Its findings are below.
ChatGPT

Indiana's high school wrestling scene has been competitive for many years, with several schools building storied traditions. While the list of the "best" programs can be subjective and shift slightly based on individual champions, team titles, and recent successes, historically, some programs have consistently been dominant or recognized for their excellence. Here are ten such programs that have been considered among the best in Indiana high school wrestling history as of my last update in September 2021:

1. Evansville Mater Dei: With a storied tradition, this school has secured numerous state championships and has consistently produced individual state champions.

2. Indianapolis Cathedral: Historically strong with multiple state titles and individual champions, Cathedral has long been a staple in Indiana wrestling.

3. Perry Meridian (Indianapolis): Their wrestling legacy includes several state titles and a consistent showing at the top of state rankings.

4. Portage: A perennial power in Indiana wrestling, Portage has a long-standing tradition of success at the state level.

5. Crown Point: Regularly fielding strong teams, Crown Point has produced numerous individual champions and has often been a top contender at the state tournament.

6. Brownsburg: Rising to prominence in recent years, Brownsburg has secured state championships and has become a major force in Indiana wrestling.

7. Mishawaka Penn: Consistently competitive, Penn's wrestling program has earned respect and recognition over the years.

8. Indianapolis Warren Central: Known for their strong wrestling program, they've secured team titles and have been a regular presence at the state championship.

9. Avon: Historically, Avon has fielded competitive teams and has had strong showings in state tournaments.

10. Chesterton: Recognized for consistent performances, Chesterton's wrestling program has been a fixture in state tournaments.

Again, rankings and perceptions can change over time based on various factors, and other schools might emerge or re-emerge as powerhouses. To get the most recent and accurate assessment of Indiana's top high school wrestling programs, you might want to refer to the Indiana High School Wrestling Coaches Association or a similar dedicated state wrestling resource.

Regenerate

6 hours ago, ENoblewrestling said:
If you cant tell I am bored today.  Anyhow I asked ChatGPT-

What are the top 10 all time best Indiana High School wrestling programs?

Its findings are below.

ChatGPT

Indiana's high school wrestling scene has been competitive for many years, with several schools building storied traditions. While the list of the "best" programs can be subjective and shift slightly based on individual champions, team titles, and recent successes, historically, some programs have consistently been dominant or recognized for their excellence. Here are ten such programs that have been considered among the best in Indiana high school wrestling history as of my last update in September 2021:

1. Evansville Mater Dei: With a storied tradition, this school has secured numerous state championships and has consistently produced individual state champions.

2. Indianapolis Cathedral: Historically strong with multiple state titles and individual champions, Cathedral has long been a staple in Indiana wrestling.

3. Perry Meridian (Indianapolis): Their wrestling legacy includes several state titles and a consistent showing at the top of state rankings.

4. Portage: A perennial power in Indiana wrestling, Portage has a long-standing tradition of success at the state level.

5. Crown Point: Regularly fielding strong teams, Crown Point has produced numerous individual champions and has often been a top contender at the state tournament.

6. Brownsburg: Rising to prominence in recent years, Brownsburg has secured state championships and has become a major force in Indiana wrestling.

7. Mishawaka Penn: Consistently competitive, Penn's wrestling program has earned respect and recognition over the years.

8. Indianapolis Warren Central: Known for their strong wrestling program, they've secured team titles and have been a regular presence at the state championship.

9. Avon: Historically, Avon has fielded competitive teams and has had strong showings in state tournaments.

10. Chesterton: Recognized for consistent performances, Chesterton's wrestling program has been a fixture in state tournaments.

Again, rankings and perceptions can change over time based on various factors, and other schools might emerge or re-emerge as powerhouses. To get the most recent and accurate assessment of Indiana's top high school wrestling programs, you might want to refer to the Indiana High School Wrestling Coaches Association or a similar dedicated state wrestling resource.

Regenerate

Season 4 Ok GIF by The OfficeNervous Episode 7 GIF by Wrexham AFCSeason 3 GIF by Parks and RecreationWill Arnett Agree GIF by Ovation TV

3 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

No Snider Panthers?  Must be a Dwenger alum who wrote that program.

The only team on the list that hasn't won a state title is Avon.  If a team gets bumped for the top 10, it's them.  Snider hasn't done enough to crack the top 10 over teams like Bellmont, Bloom South or Delta

14 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

No Snider Panthers?  Must be a Dwenger alum who wrote that program.

Literally has no teams from the Fort Wayne Semi-state and you're trying to take shots at Dwenger for no reason except for causing problems lol. Definitely could have thrown a crap ton of more teams on there both in and out of the Fort Wayne Semi-state before anyone would consider Snider a threat lol. (And in light of recent events, won't be one anytime soon lol. ;) )

Here is what it gave me for the top 50, and it doesn't have Bellmont cracking the top 50 all-time teams. I think we are safe from ChatGPT taking over the world anytime soon. I'm not saying it will not happen, but at the moment Sam could do a better job with this off the top of his head with pen and paper.

1    Perry Meridian High School
2    Crown Point High School
3    Mater Dei High School
4    Warren Central High School
5    Portage High School
6    Evansville Memorial High School
7    Franklin Community High School
8    Penn High School
9    Indianapolis Cathedral High School
10    Avon High School
11    Brownsburg High School
12    Roncalli High School
13    Lawrence North High School
14    New Palestine High School
15    Hobart High School
16    Mishawaka High School
17    Chesterton High School
18    Elkhart Memorial High School
19    Lake Central High School
20    Delta High School
21    Jay County High School
22    Columbus East High School
23    New Prairie High School
24    Jeffersonville High School
25    LaPorte High School
26    North Montgomery High School
27    Center Grove High School
28    Bloomington South High School
29    Southport High School
30    North Posey High School
31    Lawrence Central High School
32    Carmel High School
33    South Adams High School
34    Perry Central High School
35    Castle High School
36    Ben Davis High School
37    Westfield High School
38    Western High School
39    Kokomo High School
40    Muncie Central High School
41    Crown Point High School
42    Center Grove High School
43    South Bend Riley High School
44    West Lafayette High School
45    Zionsville High School
46    Hobart High School
47    Brownsburg High School
48    Northridge High School
49    Greenfield-Central High School
50    Penn High School

2 hours ago, aoberlin said:

Here is what it gave me for the top 50, and it doesn't have Bellmont cracking the top 50 all-time teams. I think we are safe from ChatGPT taking over the world anytime soon. I'm not saying it will not happen, but at the moment Sam could do a better job with this off the top of his head with pen and paper.

5    Portage High School
8    Penn High School
10    Avon High School
15    Hobart High School
20    Delta High School
32    Carmel High School
35    Castle High School
39    Kokomo High School
46    Hobart High School
50    Penn High School

couple teams on there 2 times

On 10/25/2023 at 9:38 AM, ReformedPoster said:

The only team on the list that hasn't won a state title is Avon.  If a team gets bumped for the top 10, it's them.  Snider hasn't done enough to crack the top 10 over teams like Bellmont, Bloom South or Delta

Sarcasm just escapes you doesn’t it?  Like one of my kids would say: you doin’ too much bruh.

Edited by GenHeavyHandz

3 hours ago, aoberlin said:

5    Portage High School
8    Penn High School
10    Avon High School
15    Hobart High School
20    Delta High School
32    Carmel High School
35    Castle High School
39    Kokomo High School
46    Hobart High School
50    Penn High School

33 all time? I’ll take it!!

15 hours ago, Michael Berry said:

Literally has no teams from the Fort Wayne Semi-state and you're trying to take shots at Dwenger for no reason except for causing problems lol. Definitely could have thrown a crap ton of more teams on there both in and out of the Fort Wayne Semi-state before anyone would consider Snider a threat lol. (And in light of recent events, won't be one anytime soon lol. ;) )

Studies have shown people who use the word literally, liberally, have difficulty articulating their point of view.  I just think they have no sense of humor.

15 hours ago, Michael Berry said:

What recent events?  Did we lose someone?   I guarantee you that Snider will be in the thick of it.  7 seniors and 4 semi-state qualifiers and 2 ticket rounders?  You must not be familiar with the area.  Dwenger will not beat Snider this year.  I can guarantee you that.  We qualified for team state.  Did you not know that?  Yeah we lost a runner up and a qualifier but we replaced them with 2 semi-State qualifiers. Catch up bruh.

4 hours ago, aoberlin said:

5    Portage High School
8    Penn High School
10    Avon High School
15    Hobart High School
20    Delta High School
32    Carmel High School
35    Castle High School
39    Kokomo High School
46    Hobart High School
50    Penn High School

donald trump fake news GIF by Feibi McIntoshNews Verify GIF by INTO ACTION

10 hours ago, aoberlin said:

Having Bloomington below New Prairie, New Pal, Jay County, LaPorte, North Montgomery, but ever so slightly above North Posey (no disrespect intended to those schools), indicates the AI was trained by researchers on the south end of 40 years of age who forgot to feed it the IHSAA Record Books or IndianaMat as sources. Bloomington should be close to the top. And I agree with the Muncie South reference (1974: Smith, Holmes, Pritchard, Evans.)

ChatGPT responds to the prompts. Different prompts solicit different answers.

I prompted "what are the 10 best high school wrestling programs in Indiana historically?" and generated (still some glaring omissions, but Belmont was not one of them): 

Determining the "10 best" high school wrestling programs in Indiana historically can be subjective and may change over time as new teams rise to prominence. However, here are 10 high school wrestling programs in Indiana that have had a strong historical presence and have achieved significant success:

1. Perry Meridian High School - Perry Township
2. Crown Point High School - Crown Point
3. Warren Central High School - Indianapolis
4. Portage High School - Portage
5. Evansville Mater Dei High School - Evansville
6. Penn High School - Mishawaka
7. Brownsburg High School - Brownsburg
8. Avon High School - Avon
9. Indianapolis Cathedral High School - Indianapolis
10. Bellmont High School - Decatur

These schools have consistently performed well in wrestling competitions and have produced numerous state champions and nationally recognized wrestlers. Keep in mind that the rankings and success of these programs can change from year to year, so it's essential to research current performance and achievements when assessing the best high school wrestling programs in Indiana.

When prompted - "what are the 10 best Indiana high school wrestling programs from 2016-2021?" this is the response received (fairly accurate): 

Ranking high school wrestling programs over a specific period, such as 2016-2021, can be challenging as team performance can vary from year to year. However, during this time frame, several Indiana high school wrestling programs consistently excelled. Here are 10 of the best wrestling programs in Indiana from 2016 to 2021, based on their performance and achievements:

1. Crown Point High School - Crown Point
2. Perry Meridian High School - Perry Township
3. Brownsburg High School - Brownsburg
4. Avon High School - Avon
5. Warren Central High School - Indianapolis
6. Evansville Mater Dei High School - Evansville
7. Indianapolis Cathedral High School - Indianapolis
8. Penn High School - Mishawaka
9. Portage High School - Portage
10. Roncalli High School - Indianapolis

These schools consistently had strong wrestling teams, produced state champions and top-performing wrestlers, and often competed at a high level in state and national competitions during the 2016-2021 timeframe. Please note that specific rankings may vary from one source to another, so it's essential to consider multiple factors when evaluating the best programs during this period.

It might be closer to taking over than we think...

Edited by SunDevils

14 hours ago, aoberlin said:

5    Portage High School
8    Penn High School
10    Avon High School
15    Hobart High School
20    Delta High School
32    Carmel High School
35    Castle High School
39    Kokomo High School
46    Hobart High School
50    Penn High School

No love for the NECC

So, understand Chat GPT can be fed new data and will learn from this information.  I copy/pasted all the team state championships and the number of individual state champions per school.  I just copied from the IHSAA pdf and am not sure if the text lined up perfectly, but here is its new top ten.  This is a pretty solid historical viewpoint.  

Certainly, to create a more comprehensive list of the ten best wrestling teams in Indiana history, we can include both the number of individual state champions and team state championships. Here's an updated list based on the combined criteria:

1. Bloomington South (Bloomington): Bloomington South stands out with 67 individual state champions and has also won multiple team state championships, making it one of the most successful wrestling programs in Indiana.

2. Evansville Mater Dei: With 34 individual state champions and several team state championships, Evansville Mater Dei is a dominant force in Indiana wrestling.

3. Indianapolis Cathedral: Indianapolis Cathedral, with 26 individual state champions and team state titles to their name, is known for its wrestling excellence.

4. Southport: Southport, with 25 individual state champions and a history of team state championships, has a strong wrestling tradition.

5. Warren Central: Warren Central has produced 19 individual state champions and has also won team state championships, showcasing its consistent success in both individual and team competition.

6. Lawrence North: With 23 individual state champions and a team state championship, Lawrence North has been a competitive wrestling program.

7. South Bend Central: South Bend Central, with 23 individual state champions and a history of team state championships, is another school with a strong wrestling tradition.

8. Delta: Delta, with 18 individual state champions and team state championships, is recognized for its wrestling achievements.

9. Mishawaka: Mishawaka has a strong history of individual state champions and team state championships, making it a prominent wrestling program.

10. Indianapolis Shortridge: Indianapolis Shortridge, with 18 individual state champions, is notable for its wrestling achievements and has also won team state championships.

These schools have demonstrated both individual and team success in Indiana wrestling, contributing significantly to the sport's legacy in the state. It's important to note that the ranking is subjective and can vary based on specific criteria and time frames considered.

Edited by matts