Nick Lee Indiana Goat?

3 hours ago, Ahawkeye said:

I am NOT saying Micic has not proven himself but did he wrestle in the US open? If so what were the results there? Also I was under the impression that Micic did not wrestle at an Olympic weight?

He hasn't wrestled in the US Open since he was 19 or 20? That's for individuals trying to qualify for the US team. 

He's always wrestled the Olympic weight of 57kg (125.5lbs) for major tournaments.

Edited by maligned

From earlier:

World championships the year before the Olympics is just as hard as the Olympics. You get every nation's best, at their best--because it's an Olympic qualifying tournament.

Stevan Micic is into the gold medal match after knocking off the 2021 Olympic champ and 2022 reigning World champ in back-to-back matches.

Our suspicions were correct. He is an all-time great.

Stevan Micic is a World Champion! Even though he'd already dropped the '21 Olympic champ and the '22 World Champ, the Japanese, Higuchi, that he faced in the final is the consensus most talented 57kg athlete in the world. Higuchi hasn't been able to stay consistently down at the weight since taking silver at age 20 at the Olympics in 2016. He won World gold last year up at 61kg. But not this year.

Micic takes out a murderers' row and wins gold!!!

Edited by maligned

15 minutes ago, maligned said:

Stevan Micic is a World Champion! Even though he'd already dropped the '21 Olympic champ and the '22 World Champ, the Japanese, Higuchi, that he faced in the final is the consensus most talented 57kg athlete in the world. Higuchi hasn't been able to stay consistently down at the weight since taking silver at the Olympics in 2016. He won World gold last year up at 61kg. But not this year.

Micic takes out a murderers' row and wins gold!!!

Micic = GOAT

Is this the first ever senior level World Gold for a Indiana wrestler from Indiana?

Plus let's not lose track of the fact that Mason brought home a senior level World Bronze. Also very impressive and puts him in the discussion as the Indiana GOAT.

45 minutes ago, SIACfan said:

Is this the first ever senior level World Gold for a Indiana wrestler from Indiana?

Plus let's not lose track of the fact that Mason brought home a senior level World Bronze. Also very impressive and puts him in the discussion as the Indiana GOAT.

Per my records yes

https://indianamat.com/index.php?/history/worlds.html/

Micic is the GOAT Indiana wrestler in my opinion.  Next level is an Olympic Championship!

Also, Indiana is having great representation at the World level.  Congrats to all of the Indiana Men's and Women's wrestlers competing at the World Championship.  

How cool is it that our Indiana wrestlers got to be a part of a World Championship team?!

2 hours ago, Justin Ratliff said:

Micic is the GOAT Indiana wrestler in my opinion.  Next level is an Olympic Championship!

Also, Indiana is having great representation at the World level.  Congrats to all of the Indiana Men's and Women's wrestlers competing at the World Championship.  

How cool is it that our Indiana wrestlers got to be a part of a World Championship team?!

Ultra Cool is how.  Micic Da Goat! Next topic.

16 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Totally off topic: anyone know where I can get some Hanover Central gear? I have some Jordan’s in that color way and wanna rep da goat.

https://sideline.bsnsports.com/schools/indiana/cedarlake/hanover-central-high-school

1 minute ago, aoberlin said:

Micic's run to his State Championship his senior year was a thing of beauty. It was probably one of my favorites of all time. The energy Micic and his coach had was awesome. Loved every minute of it. 

Especially when you consider an NCAA Division I 2X National Champion(Nick Lee) and a NAIA National Champion(Erique Early) were in the semifinals.  And let's not forget Zack Davis had a fine career at Army.

1 hour ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

I don't care what his singlet says I support him as a human being and an Indiana Legend.  He has the right to wrestle for his Father's Land.

You are 100% correct. I am happy for MIcic.

But the other poster asked how cool is it the these Indiana wrestlers got to be a part of a World Championship team, and you replied ultra cool & then immediately mentioned Micic as the Indiana GOAT. But Micic was not part of the World Championship team.

Your post comes close to insinuating that he was.

11 minutes ago, SIACfan said:

You are 100% correct. I am happy for MIcic.

But the other poster asked how cool is it the these Indiana wrestlers got to be a part of a World Championship team, and you replied ultra cool & then immediately mentioned Micic as the Indiana GOAT. But Micic was not part of the World Championship team.

Your post comes close to insinuating that he was.

Reading is fundamental.  When forming a linear thought it's imperative that one use logic and factual information.  The assertion you made that I "came close to insinuating", would cost you in any organized debate.  Because logic tells all who read your ridiculous accusation there is fragility in your reasoning.   I made no insinuation. I acknowledged the Super cool achievements and asserted that Micic is da Goat! Nice try. 

Edited by GenHeavyHandz

On 9/20/2023 at 10:57 AM, GenHeavyHandz said:

Especially when you consider an NCAA Division I 2X National Champion(Nick Lee) and a NAIA National Champion(Erique Early) were in the semifinals.  And let's not forget Zack Davis had a fine career at Army.

He did not....he had a fine career at Navy.