Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
navy80

Most Indiana Triple Crowns?

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Mattyb said:

Qualifing gate slowed up Jesse. But... I’m pretty sure that he still has to have the most???? 

Davidsons have to be up there too. 

Does middle school count as a quad state champion ;) add three of those 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pistol just not seeing what’s the big deal ISWA Triple Crown is ? 

Your not seeing HS best at ISWA Folkstyle State, or even Freestyle. Most sit out Folkstyle after a long HS Season. Right ? 

I’d say a IHSAA State Title & Double Fargo Championship would be my Triple Crown . JS, IHO 

Wooooo ... Bang ! Bang ! Bang ! 

Pistol Pete 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree. I see some parents posting their kid won state and only had 3-5 kids in the weight class or they got second out of 3-4 kids.  Come on. You have lot of factors going on.  Are they winning state in a weight class that is loaded or just watered down. Who did they beat or get beat by.  I think it’s  accomplishment and pretty cool for the kid that wins the triple crown but for most part it’s not that big of a deal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think that the triple crown is very cool for the middle school aged kids and younger. In state, it is about the best that you can do. I believe that we have over 8,000 wrestlers here in Indiana. Only 20 some odd kids actually get this award each year. It is a really cool deal. 

With that said, I agree with my pistol packing buddy. Once in high school, it becomes a little less meaningful for those kids. While it remains a cool thing to win, the podium at the bank becomes the main focus (in state). 

Personally my own son won a triple crown this weekend. He really appreciates the ISWA and being able to win it again. With that said, his main focus (in state) is to be on top at the bank. 

Congrats to all that came away with the ISWA triple crowns today.

I know that Contenders had 11 triple crown winners this year. Red Cobra had 3. That’s 14 for TheCounty. Sorry folks had to get that in! 

Edited by Mattyb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a triple crown is a huge prestige.  Doesn't matter how many kids are in your bracket, you won three styles! Now, the icing on the cake is if you are in middle school and you win middle school state or in high school and you win high school state. That's the quadruple crown winner! 

I'm curious to see of any triple crown winners when they were in elementary school and how that translated to high school? I thought I remember Connor Mullins and Mitch Sliga (5X) winning several triple crowns.

What other award do we have to look forward to in Indiana? Obviously in high school, you want to punch your ticket, place, and win. But what about the rest of the year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yes I agree somewhat triple crown is a cool thing for the kid but for high school not so much.  Much tougher to win that high school state title than a triple crown.  Lot of top high school kids don’t wrestle in any of these three tournaments especially not folk style state that’s right after their long season. 

Edited by Indiana7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, navy80 said:

I think a triple crown is a huge prestige.  Doesn't matter how many kids are in your bracket, you won three styles! Now, the icing on the cake is if you are in middle school and you win middle school state or in high school and you win high school state. That's the quadruple crown winner! 

I'm curious to see of any triple crown winners when they were in elementary school and how that translated to high school? I thought I remember Connor Mullins and Mitch Sliga (5X) winning several triple crowns.

What other award do we have to look forward to in Indiana? Obviously in high school, you want to punch your ticket, place, and win. But what about the rest of the year? 

Conor won over 20 plus state titles..he don't remember how many triple crowns ill have to ask his dad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, navy80 said:

I think a triple crown is a huge prestige.  Doesn't matter how many kids are in your bracket, you won three styles! Now, the icing on the cake is if you are in middle school and you win middle school state or in high school and you win high school state. That's the quadruple crown winner! 

I'm curious to see of any triple crown winners when they were in elementary school and how that translated to high school? I thought I remember Connor Mullins and Mitch Sliga (5X) winning several triple crowns.

What other award do we have to look forward to in Indiana? Obviously in high school, you want to punch your ticket, place, and win. But what about the rest of the year? 

Pistol is just going through Facebook and there are little kids that’s already matched or passed Mitch & Connor (5x). Most are from Hendricks County. Great Accomplishments but this is a HS forum. Was only talking about HS, Pistol should of said Cadets & Juniors . When Pistol said Freestyle, Pistol didn’t see all the Lee Brothers other than Matt Lee, No Brayton Lee which is a pretty good Freestyle wrestler amongst others as well . 

Woooooo.... Bang ! Bang ! Bang ! 

Pistol Pete 

Edited by 3xStateChamp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, 3xStateChamp said:

Pistol is just going through Facebook and there are little kids that’s already matched or passed Mitch & Connor (5x). Most are from Hendricks County. Great Accomplishments but this is a HS forum. Was only talking about HS, Pistol should of said Cadets & Juniors . When Pistol said Freestyle, Pistol didn’t see all the Lee Brothers other than Matt Lee, No Brayton Lee which is a pretty good Freestyle wrestler amongst others as well . 

Woooooo.... Bang ! Bang ! Bang ! 

Pistol Pete 

Revin dickman is probably up there... we will def be talking about him in a few years on this board. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bang ! .... Nate (DomiNATE) Rioix 5x 

Bang ! .... Cheaney Schoeff 3x 

Bang ! .... Rev Dickman 3x 

and there is more, Pistol just scrolling down Facebook . Two of those guys hasn’t even hit Middle School, just think what they can do . PISTOL IS MISSING A LOT MORE IM SURE . You can now add more and butcher Pistol reputation. 

Woooo.... Bang ! Bang ! Bang ! 

Pistol Pete 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair enough.. I'd say the top high school kids don't wrestle freestyle and greco state in high school because they go to more national tournaments? Just a thought. 

And while some weights had 10 kids in them, some weights were stacked! like 145.. 

 

Has Asa ever won a triple crown? (I'm assuming yes, but don't know) I seen he dominated last weekend in both styles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, navy80 said:

Fair enough.. I'd say the top high school kids don't wrestle freestyle and greco state in high school because they go to more national tournaments? Just a thought. 

And while some weights had 10 kids in them, some weights were stacked! like 145.. 

 

Has Asa ever won a triple crown? (I'm assuming yes, but don't know) I seen he dominated last weekend in both styles. 

Since you asked

Yes, did the ISWA Triple Crown as Cadet (8th grade) 2015 won 2015 IHSWCA MS State Championship that year and as you know won 2016 IHSAA State Champ . 

Only ISWA Triple Crown once. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Silas won back 2 back Trips and would have likely coasted through Cadet again this year (no disrespect to other Cadet 195’s).  The gameplan was to wrestle Junior 195 for better matches and preparation for a heftier Triple Crown of the National variety.

 But even with the USAW National Folkstyle Stop Sign on the mantle.......I figured I’d break the bad news.  Silas didn’t compete over the weekend due to a slight tear in his meniscus.  Surgery is needed and he’ll be out 6-8 weeks post-op.  That unfortunately is going to make the OTC Training Camp and Fargo not possible for him. Discouraging......yes, very.  But.....thankfully just a bump in the road. Could’ve been much worse.  Prayers for a quick recovery is genuinely appreciated.

In the meantime......he’ll be getting healthy, hitting the iron pile hard on his upper body......and mentally beginning to set his sights on IHPO and Super 32.  Congratulations to all the Champs this weekend.  Keep the momentum rolling fellas and go pound some outta towners at Cadet/Junior Duals and especially Fargo!!!  The Allred’s will be with you in Spirit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Perseverance said:

Silas won back 2 back Trips and would have likely coasted through Cadet again this year (no disrespect to other Cadet 195’s).  The gameplan was to wrestle Junior 195 for better matches and preparation for a heftier Triple Crown of the National variety.

 But even with the USAW National Folkstyle Stop Sign on the mantle.......I figured I’d break the bad news.  Silas didn’t compete over the weekend due to a slight tear in his meniscus.  Surgery is needed and he’ll be out 6-8 weeks post-op.  That unfortunately is going to make the OTC Training Camp and Fargo not possible for him. Discouraging......yes, very.  But.....thankfully just a bump in the road. Could’ve been much worse.  Prayers for a quick recovery is genuinely appreciated.

In the meantime......he’ll be getting healthy, hitting the iron pile hard on his upper body......and mentally beginning to set his sights on IHPO and Super 32.  Congratulations to all the Champs this weekend.  Keep the momentum rolling fellas and go pound some outta towners at Cadet/Junior Duals and especially Fargo!!!  The Allred’s will be with you in Spirit!

I hate to hear this, but like you said , it is just a small bump in the road. Prayers sent from myself & Bryer for a quick recovery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kyle Ayersman said:

Do people still care about Greco, not trying to ruffle any feathers but very few colleges care about Greco. That’s why ISWA triple crowns are pointless, in my opinion.

People still care bout greco.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kyle Ayersman said:

Do people still care about Greco, not trying to ruffle any feathers but very few colleges care about Greco. That’s why ISWA triple crowns are pointless, in my opinion.

Kids who don't do Greco care about Greco when they're mid air of the wrong side of a throw realizing they should've done Greco

Edited by Josephfloyd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d say it’s really too many of the top college prospects don’t care as much about Greco, more than saying the coaches don’t.   If more of the top college prospects participated Greco to get more head to head battle I’d say the college coaches would look at it more.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Josephfloyd said:

Kids who don't do Greco care about Greco when they're mid air of the wrong side of a throw realizing they should've done Greco

Never did Greco and this was never a concern of mine. To me, it doesn’t make a ton of sense. I don’t think it helps your wrestling much unless you’re going to train strictly Greco. Freestyle makes sense because usually it turns into a takedown battle, which helps all wrestlers! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Kyle Ayersman said:

Never did Greco and this was never a concern of mine. To me, it doesn’t make a ton of sense. I don’t think it helps your wrestling much unless you’re going to train strictly Greco. Freestyle makes sense because usually it turns into a takedown battle, which helps all wrestlers! 

Greco is good for learning hand fighting and the importance of setups and timing of attacks. On top of that it does help with execution and countering of big moves. For instance, if you are up big late in a folkstyle match your opponent isn't looking for a single leg but more upper body maneuvers. Knowing how to counter and prevent them is good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Kyle Ayersman said:

Never did Greco and this was never a concern of mine. To me, it doesn’t make a ton of sense. I don’t think it helps your wrestling much unless you’re going to train strictly Greco. Freestyle makes sense because usually it turns into a takedown battle, which helps all wrestlers! 

So you’ve never done it...yet you speak on how it helps/doesn’t help. Makes sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.