Preston Haines

Well said.  I was confident you would share the details and in a way to not throw the referee under the bus (not saying I think you believed anything different than what you said). I knew you'd handle it with class, yet be straight.  

I agree the match ended with the proper result, and appreciate how it was handled.  Happy to hear Preston is on the road to recovery.  

I will say I think the comment about him walking around was initially misconstrued.  I believe he said he was standing and talking.  On camera it did appear as he was standing, but couldn't tell if it was on his own or with help.  And not serious could simply mean something dire such as paralysis seemed to be avoided at that point.  I don't think there was any negative intent with the comment. 

The bottom line is kudos to how it was handled and hopefully there is a quick recovery. Good luck at State.

I have attended every SS that has been in Evansville.

This was not the first time in the ticket round that a controversial illegal move has been called resulting in injury. But it is the first time that I have seen the offended coach/wrestler do the right thing.

Cudos to Coach Snyder & Preston Haines!

5 minutes ago, guillotine said:

I hope the young man makes a full recovery with no issues.  Can somebody give me the score when the injury happened?  Much respect to coach Snyder.  

5-1 Henderson at the point of the call.  5-2 when Med FF occured. 

Edited by MattM

I’m going to share this story with my son. We all know it occurs but I’ve always prayed that this never happens to him (either the giving or receiving end, intentional or non intentional). Hats off to the BB coaches and definitely a good situational dinner table topic with your athletes. Well wishes for a speedy recovery for Preston. 

All the Best to Preston and hats off to Coach Snyder and all the staff at Brownsburg.  Have attended hundreds of matches over the last 30 years and Semi-State and State tournaments over the last 25, class call by both wrestler and staff.

Thanks for making our Sport the best ! ! 

John W Rohlman