STATE FINALS THREAD....Key matches and Upsets!

SIwrestling

9 hours ago, SWINfan said:

Think the "fleeing the mat" call on McConnell was BS.  He spun around and back into Chavez, just happened to be on the edge of the mat.  Ended up not mattering, but still seemed like a generous call.

Big win for CG

I didn’t see that match but when he wrestled Purdy at semi state he lives on edge of mat and stalled all three periods. He made it one of the most boring matches I have ever seen.

22 minutes ago, Grover said:

Any idea what the CG coach did or said to get the unsportsmanlike penalty?  Losing a team point could come back to haunt them.

He was yelling to count nearfall and then counted to 5 to do it for him. Could hear him very clear from the stands

7 minutes ago, Jam said:

Anyone else catch the weird stalling call in the Graham-Bahl match? Ended up not mattering but Graham was on top and was pulling Bahl back in and got called for stalling.

That was a horrible call. Krejsa and Bahl will be big match.  Krejsa looks tough

1 hour ago, Jam said:

Anyone else catch the weird stalling call in the Graham-Bahl match? Ended up not mattering but Graham was on top and was pulling Bahl back in and got called for stalling.

Maybe a timing call by the ref? Calls it as Graham pulls him back?  IMO, Graham should have been hit earlier in the period. 

Worst stall IMO was on Beck vs Clark. Had a cross wrist and appeared to be to the side looking to turn? Ref never called Clark at all and he was parallel most of the 3rd. Not very consistent.

Tough stalemate call against frazier at the end. I don't think anybody in the arena was thinking stalemate. There's 8 seconds left, he has his foot elevated and is working to cut across. You call that when neither guy can improve. Let the kids wrestle. We're not there to watch you. 

Thrine is a special talent.

I was disappointed with Official #11 in the Clark vs Jones Match. 

It appeared two extremely clear and obvious takedowns were not awarded to Clark. 

I am not suggesting bias or intentional corruption, but the incompetence of the officiating cost the more aggressive wrestler an earned win and spot in the finals. 

I have no rooting interest, but it was disturbing to watch. 

45 minutes ago, Justdo^it135 said:

I was disappointed with Official #11 in the Clark vs Jones Match. 

It appeared two extremely clear and obvious takedowns were not awarded to Clark. 

I am not suggesting bias or intentional corruption, but the incompetence of the officiating cost the more aggressive wrestler an earned win and spot in the finals. 

I have no rooting interest, but it was disturbing to watch. 

First one was bang bang on reaction time. Wouldn't be mad at either call.

The second one was correct, but blown dead late. First, the escape might have been a little quick. Then on Jones lateral drop, Clark goes way out of bounds and Jones has supporting points out too. Action stops right there. The mistake is he let the action continue and Clark jumped back in and then circled behind. Then he blew them out. But ultimately the call was correct. It's not college rules. 

Actually, the worst call was not giving 2 to Jones at the end, not that it mattered.