What were the HAVE TO SEE matches from Semistate?

Ahawkeye

3 minutes ago, Ahawkeye said:

Luke Kemper Andre Merrit from Evansville SS was pretty awesome to start gotta see the end!

I watched this match from my laptop in my kitchen...at the end of that match I yelled loud enough to make the whole family come in and check on me.  Holy cow...this is why I love wrestling...what a match.  My hats off to both wrestlers.

From da Wayne:

106 - Julianna O’Campo vs. Joey Cline ticket round. It was incredibly tight, went into overtime and then the ride outs, and Cline left it all out there. I think a majority of the arena thought he was gonna be moving on late in the match. 

126 - Keegan Schlabach vs. Hayden Brady championship match. Another overtime match. Back and forth the entire way through, you had no idea who was going to win until it was finally over. Two seasoned seniors fighting for their first semi-state title.

138 - Brock Hagewood vs. Robert Dinn ticket round. Another very tight match, but a lot of action. Hagewood trailed 6-2 heading into the  third, stormed back and tied it at the end with a takedown, and then overtime… just watch the overtime if you have the chance.

Edited by Caleb Spires

9 minutes ago, Pg_rated said:

I thought 160 ticket round match Beck vs. Leech was a fun one to watch! The freshman talent in Fort Wayne is ridiculous!

The Watts match was good too.  He had the win until they waived off the escape.  

1 hour ago, buttler73 said:

Buttler and Ison in the finals tied 1-1  in the 3rd with 3 seconds was an Awesome Finish. 

I agree nice shots, defense, and scrambles in that match. Two very good wrestlers for sure. There were a couple of shots I thought "Oh he's gonna score on that." Each wrestler did not panic and defended well. Wouldn't be surprised if they saw each other next week at some point.

Edited by Ahawkeye

14 hours ago, Ahawkeye said:

I can understand the frustration but I think the ref got it right in the first OT. I suppose there was some off camera action at the end?

I understand the frustration on behalf of the Hobart crowd, but ultimately the decision to reverse the take down was the right call. Even if it had been wrong, the language that I heard from that crowd has no place at a high school sporting event. Very low class.

31 minutes ago, rmckinney88 said:

I understand the frustration on behalf of the Hobart crowd, but ultimately the decision to reverse the take down was the right call. Even if it had been wrong, the language that I heard from that crowd has no place at a high school sporting event. Very low class.

I probably didn't have the sound up when I watched.

I maybe obviously biased, however Cael Albaugh in the ticket round at NC Semi-State against Jef Waugh from Chatard with the reversal to a fall down 13-8 with 19 secs left fits the criteria for this post.  As the saying goes: If there's time on the clock you have a chance.