2024 Finals Location

awill0352

5 hours ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

Also, word on street is this that if this goes down, that Purdue would let XXX restraunt run a concession stand at Mackey during the event.  I don't if know if the Fort or Evansville could top that.  

XXX is the only redeeming aspect of all things Purdue.  Love that place.

12 hours ago, M109R said:

If it's not in Indy , Fort Wayne is the next best option. The Coliseum, Dining , Hotel Rooms , Nightlife etc . 

Dining and Nightlife? Do tell? I’m not looking forward to either prospective location. I do know that the Coliseum will gouge everyone for parking and you’ll have to move your car to get lunch on any breaks. Are there walkable options near the Ford Center? Closest decent hotels to both venues? Walkable? 

5 minutes ago, awill0352 said:

Serious question.   Where does everyone park at Purdue?   I don’t see any lots or parking garages. 

Football parking lots, lots of parking on streets east of Nortwestern.  There's some garages a few blocks away. You look, you can find parking.

10 minutes ago, awill0352 said:

Serious question.   Where does everyone park at Purdue?   I don’t see any lots or parking garages. 

I might of had some slight exaggeration on my post.  But think about this, if the BIG schedule is biggest drawback, then how does Ohio, Illinois and Wisconsin all host there state championship at BIG 10 schools.  Ohio takes 3 days got their tournament at the OSU Schottenstein center.   But Purdue makes a lot of sense.    It's real close to the geographical population center of Indiana.  Look it up.  It can seat more then Ford and Coliseum with wrestling mats.  I think it could hold more then Gainbridge.  West Lafayette and Lafayette have a lot of hotels and restraunts.  It's not Indy, but not bad.   Also, the guy that annonces the tournament retired.  We would be able to use the Purdue announcer with the deep voice.  Also we got XXX by the campus.

7 hours ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

I might of had some slight exaggeration on my post.  But think about this, if the BIG schedule is biggest drawback, then how does Ohio, Illinois and Wisconsin all host there state championship at BIG 10 schools.  Ohio takes 3 days got their tournament at the OSU Schottenstein center.   But Purdue makes a lot of sense.    It's real close to the geographical population center of Indiana.  Look it up.  It can seat more then Ford and Coliseum with wrestling mats.  I think it could hold more then Gainbridge.  West Lafayette and Lafayette have a lot of hotels and restraunts.  It's not Indy, but not bad.   Also, the guy that annonces the tournament retired.  We would be able to use the Purdue announcer with the deep voice.  Also we got XXX by the campus.

As for Ohio, their state series is so late, still two weeks away it is not during the NCAA basketball season! Not sure on the other states, just know Ohio started their state series this past weekend.

1 hour ago, Y2CJ41 said:

As for Ohio, their state series is so late, still two weeks away it is not during the NCAA basketball season! Not sure on the other states, just know Ohio started their state series this past weekend.

Yep, not as bullish on the school my stepkids go to school at having a 1st time qualifier at state. Only 3rd year for high school and 4th for middle school as D3 school. They did beat the D3 team dual champs this year at their invite though.

1 hour ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Thats a good point.    The Ohio  wrestling finals are always occur during the weekend of the Big 10 basketball tournament.   And if Ohio State or Columbus hosted the Big 10 baskeball, they would have it at Nationwide arena, not the Schott.   Which also brings a good point,  you cant get a hotel that weekend in Columbus anyway.  Because Columbus is crazy heck as the wrestling state tournament always coincides with the Arnold Classic.   If you want to see good wrestling,  and also see gigantic muscular  heads and  bodybuilding girls with biceps bigger thicker than your legs, then hit Columbus.  Me and my buddy Arnold always hang out that weekend and smoke of few fat ones.

3 hours ago, Ahawkeye said:

Talked to a friend on the Evansville Police Department. He said they have been told Evansville has it and they are to schedule extra officers for the event. I know it's not an official IHSAA announcement but it does tip the scales in Evansville's way as far as speculation goes.

Sounds like since one person says they booked some rooms by Purdue and one says they need extra officers for the event in Evansville that they must be using both and send half the weights to one and the other half to the other….

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Does that mean you're shelling out $500 for a hotel room?

Lincoln Lodge Motel, Clarks Hill – Updated 2023 Prices (booking.com)   You can get a room at the Lincoln Lodge Hotel near Lafayette for $39/ night, and I don't think that;s by the hour.  Just 15 miles south of Purdue.   The wrestling community needs to save money, well except maybe the Carmel guys.  Whatever happened to Clown Baby?  He could stay at the Doubletree.

Edited by Wrestling Scholar

32 minutes ago, julio said:

It won't cost $500 for a hotel room.

You must know something no one else knows, like there's a secret underbelly of Indy that the All Star game isn't touching that's filled with hotels, restaurants, and an arena only for wrestling use at the exact same time. 

Just did a search for Saturday, March 18. Pacers play 76ers at home on a Saturday night. Priceline says average hotel room in downtown Indy is $428, standard deviation of $95. That means expect to pay between $333 and $523 for a room. And that is a regular season home game, not an all-star weekend room.

20 hours ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

Lincoln Lodge Motel, Clarks Hill – Updated 2023 Prices (booking.com)   You can get a room at the Lincoln Lodge Hotel near Lafayette for $39/ night, and I don't think that;s by the hour.  Just 15 miles south of Purdue.   The wrestling community needs to save money, well except maybe the Carmel guys.  Whatever happened to Clown Baby?  He could stay at the Doubletree.

As someone that has lived in the Lafayette area for a long time, I wouldn't recommend that lodge to anyone that likes to sleep without worrying about their room getting broken into.