Team State draw

hogleg

50 minutes ago, casualwrestlingfan said:

Fun day as a wrestling fan. I know everyone would love to see all 4 classes in one venue, but I'd settle for 2/3 venues as long as 1A & 2A would be paired together. Sure would help out WZBD & WPGW. Especially when AC, Bellmont, South Adams, Norwell, Bluffton, Jay County, & Garrett making up parts of those brackets this 

Venue was no better for fans in 1a this year than it was last year.  Smaller sections of bleachers than at Martinsville, and several of those were occupied by team.  Restroom facilities were improved though.

5 minutes ago, rookie78 said:

Venue was no better for fans in 1a this year than it was last year.  Smaller sections of bleachers than at Martinsville, and several of those were occupied by team.  Restroom facilities were improved though.

Seeding sucked.  Tell City at #4 was a joke.

4 minutes ago, Coplen187 said:

Seeding sucked.  Tell City at #4 was a joke.

Can we get a list of teams (with seeds) and then how they actually finished???? Would like to see, but too lazy to do it because I just ate a whole large pizza! Give us the data so we can all judge if the seeding really sucked or not. Please???

1 hour ago, rookie78 said:

1A & 2A in Ft Wayne or Muncie with seating. With the close proximity of the schools I listed, the atmosphere could be even better. I would have considered attending 1A if it was closer like 2A was.

10 minutes ago, casualwrestlingfan said:

1A & 2A in Ft Wayne or Muncie with seating. With the close proximity of the schools I listed, the atmosphere could be even better. I would have considered attending 1A if it was closer like 2A was.

Still have some kinks to work out on some things, but the 1A gym did pump out some noise today.  Glad to have our kids compete at this event.

4 minutes ago, rookie78 said:

Still have some kinks to work out on some things, but the 1A gym did pump out some noise today.  Glad to have our kids compete at this event.

Looks like Mega Millions is climbing. Might buy a ticket and maybe I'll win. If so, I'll build a venue in Adams County for it. 🙂

1 hour ago, rookie78 said:

1A at Franklin was loud when I stepped into watch for a few minutes between our breaks. Hard to get a good venue that allows fans that close to the matches but also has the room for all. The close tight atmosphere makes it loud and crazy, but certainly has its drawbacks when it comes to seating for all. 

11 hours ago, Mattyb said:

Can we get a list of teams (with seeds) and then how they actually finished???? Would like to see, but too lazy to do it because I just ate a whole large pizza! Give us the data so we can all judge if the seeding really sucked or not. Please???

4A results 

1st Crown Point - 1 seed

2nd Brownsburg - 2 seed

3rd Center Grove - 3 seed

4th Cathedral - 7 seed

5th Perry Meridian 4 seed

6th Penn - 8 seed

7th Mater Dei - 6 seed

8th Carmel - 5 seed

3A Results

1st Mishawaka - 2 seed

2nd Columbus East - 4 seed

3rd Greenfield Central - 3 seed

4th Terre Haute South - 8 seed 

5th Roncalli - 1 seed

6th Hobart - 6 seed

7th Floyd Central - 5 seed

8th East Central - 7 seed

2A Results

1st Western - 3 seed

2nd Jay County - 1 seed

3rd Hamilton Heights - 7 seed

4th Norwell - 5 seed

5th Delta - 2 seed

6th Garrett - 4 seed

7th Bellmont - 6 seed

8th Rensselaer Central - unseeded

9th Wawasee - 8 seed

10th Heritage Hills - unseeded 

11th Owen Valley - unseeded 

12th New Prairie - unseeded 

1A Results

1st Tell City - 4 seed

2nd Adams Central - 3 seed

3rd Rochester - 1 seed

4th Cascade - 2 seed

5th South Adams - 7 seed

6th Prairie Heights - 8 seed

7th Bluffton - unseeded

8th North Posey - unseeded 

9th Cowan - 6 seed

10th Southmont - unseeded

11th West Central - 5 seed

12th Winamac - unseeded

14 hours ago, Mattyb said:

I would love to share mine.:) Seeded 7th and ranked 8th in the state and beat 24-0 Heritage Hills first round, then wrestled Number #2 seed Delta and ranked 2nd in the state 43-33 then lost to #3 Western by 8pts and for 3rd and 4th place match we won 45-30 over Norwell.

It’s a tough job to seed and I don’t think there is any intent to “shaft” any team. While pathways to the top might be enhanced by seeding, results are the products of performance. Yesterday teams and individuals proved that statement. The “vote in” process came up big yesterday, looking at Greenfield Central and the late addition of Columbus East and if I may offer my “Humble” opinion, South Adams in 1A. SA was a number 12 vote in and finished fifth with 7 Freshmen in the lineup and only 2 seniors. 

South Adams definitely Came and showed they belong!!

One thing I found very interesting is the gap in the 1A and 2A and even 3A this year is not big. 

Rochester beat Western earlier this season by 3, as well as Cascade beating Hamilton Heights by 1.

The top 4 in 1A I think can easily compete with any 2A and I think any 3A school based on some results. 

Love seeing the small schools continue to grow and compete with the big dogs!

13 minutes ago, QuinnHarris said:

South Adams definitely Came and showed they belong!!

One thing I found very interesting is the gap in the 1A and 2A and even 3A this year is not big. 

Rochester beat Western earlier this season by 3, as well as Cascade beating Hamilton Heights by 1.

The top 4 in 1A I think can easily compete with any 2A and I think any 3A school based on some results. 

Love seeing the small schools continue to grow and compete with the big dogs!

Senate Please GIF by GIPHY News 

Please ….  You don’t know crap ol’man about no wrestling and TeamGarcia ! 

With that said ….. Let’s just group them all together and have a Giant Royal Rumble Team State Duals . 

Patrick Star GIF

2 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Fort Wayne Snider should have been invited to 3A state. I don't know who makes those decisions ,but next year I'm guessing; you won't be able to keep us out.   Matter of fact I'll make a prediction we'll be seeded #1.

Love ya Genny, and I am a firm believer in Brother Sam, but ya'll need to get to Trackside and lay it down until the Panther stable makes some more room.

5 minutes ago, busstogate said:

Love ya Genny, and I am a firm believer in Brother Sam, but ya'll need to get to Trackside and lay it down until the Panther stable makes some more room.

I hear you.  But I know what I'm talking about.  2 wrestler ranked in the top 5.  4  current Semi-State qualifiers.  We should have at least 7 to 10 this year. Our backup 106 will be in the lineup next year and I'm telling you he is on the level.  Only 2 seniors.  As things sit we are #11 on the Power Poll. You coud say I'm reaching.  Tell me that after Semi-State.

10 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

I hear you.  But I know what I'm talking about.  2 wrestler ranked in the top 5.  4  current Semi-State qualifiers.  We should have at least 7 to 10 this year. Our backup 106 will be in the lineup next year and I'm telling you he is on the level.  Only 2 seniors.  As things sit we are #11 on the Power Poll. You coud say I'm reaching.  Tell me that after Semi-State.

Win more Duals:

On 1/2/2023 at 7:10 PM, hogleg said:

This is based on who has the best dual teams.  I don't know enough about either team but the individual tournaments won't have a lot to do with it.  

3 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Fort Wayne Snider should have been invited to 3A state. I don't know who makes those decisions ,but next year I'm guessing; you won't be able to keep us out.   Matter of fact I'll make a prediction we'll be seeded #1.

32 of the 40 berths are 100% decided by your kids winning in the upcoming state series and earning a bid. 4 more bids are voted on after state from among the first few "just missed" teams. Then the final 4 won't be chosen till next December from among those not yet qualified. There are very few big school obstacles stopping Snider from getting a FW auto berth. Win a handful more matches at SS this year and you'll have a very real shot. 

20 minutes ago, maligned said:

32 of the 40 berths are 100% decided by your kids winning in the upcoming state series and earning a bid. 4 more bids are voted on after state from among the first few "just missed" teams. Then the final 4 won't be chosen till next December from among those not yet qualified. There are very few big school obstacles stopping Snider from getting a FW auto berth. Win a handful more matches at SS this year and you'll have a very real shot. 

I think we can do that is all I was saying.  I'll be clear; I don't quite understand the process.  I'd imagine at our size, and what we have in the stable, we should be good.