EMD Vs BB

1prouddad

12 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Davison is LOADED, and  every weight class had countless future college wrestlers that will make noise at the next level..Ciccerelli winning and Baby Brewer, Lapadat, Blaze and many others wrestled out of their minds scoring bonus points and that's vs on paper what many ppl might've thought were favs and their championship pedigree lead them to a title over a top 10 nationally ranked powerhouse in that Davidson team and many other formidable schools..

it came across like you almost made light of the tourney cuz EMD won it, but you always have positive outlook so I know that wasn't your intent.. We all know this is going to be a crazy year and we all will have fun watching it unfold...btw I wanna see that purdy vs Sollars scrap!!! Have you seen it?!?!?

You're right.  I was simply saying that today doesn't change anything for me.  BB is the favorite and was before today.  And the reference which everyone seems to have gotten their collective panties in a bunch over, was the original post said they beat a team, as if it were a dual.  I said they won a tournament with several good/excellent teams (plural).  Not sure how that is a contradiction to Davison being a Nationally ranked team.  Does the fact that Mater Dei won this tournament in 2018 take away from BB?  I don't think so.  It just provides reference that a great Indiana team competes very well at that tourney.  

And as to Sollars/Purdy, no I am in the dark as well.  I really liked what I saw from Purdy last year and felt he was headed for a State Title. Figured him for 182 this year and when I saw he was at 195, I figured he'd have to wait a year.  Which may still be true.  But that's a big win!  We'll see how it comes out.  Can he do it again?  And again?  Might have to  ha ha.  I have a feeling we'll see some back and forth between those two.  Looking forward to it!!

In a earlier thread there was talk that BB won’t surprise no one. 

Im here to tell ya that I’m pretty certain that they did indeed surprise some people, me included. 

I do believe that Garcia had them with 9, yes NINE wrestlers in the finals. 
Now one can flip it as it wasn’t a team dual or however they wish to look at it. 
I look at it with the list provided by @mikemorganand this was a loaded tourney no matter how you look at it. This team stepped it up and deserves all the chatter. The time will come when EMD and BB face off. But at this point in time, I see BB with a edge on this. 

2 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

#17 Brownsburg vs. #22 EMD 

potential Lineups 

12/9/21 RANKINGS Updated and National Ranked . If I’m missing anyone please fill in the blank? 

106- #1 #16 Hockaday vs. #4 Schaefer

113- #3 P. Haines vs #5 Seng 

120- #2 Miller vs. #13 Egli 

126- #9 B. Haines vs. ______ 

132- #2 B. Ison vs. _______ 

138- #7 G. Garcia vs. _______ 

145- #9 B. Garcia vs. #8 Hayhurst 

152- #14 G. Ison vs. #3 May 

160- #6 Cicciarelli vs. _________ 

170- #7 Brewer vs. #1 Baumann 

182 - N/A 

195 - #6 Henry vs. #1 #14 Sollars 

220- ________ vs. #2 Critchfield 

285- #1 #12 Jones vs. #13 Ralph  

The blanks in your example are why I said BB scares me in another thread before the season started.  I don't think MD matches up well with BB.  It will be interesting to see them battle if it happens.  Regardless it will make for some fun Eville SS results and State Draws.

1 hour ago, SWINfan said:

You think wrong.  The original post stated they wrestled a top ranked team.  You wrestled in a tournament with many good/excellent teams, not in a dual. How does that contradict what I said?  I'm not sure how I stated that before this tournament I felt like BB was the team to beat in the Eville SS indicates me trying to take something away from you?

You won a great tournament.  Be happy.  But the fact that you won that, compared to Mater Dei wrestling today without much of their lineup doesn't tell us anything, which was the premise of this thread.  So nothing changed.  At least in my opinion.  BB is still the favorite, was before. 

Not sure how that gets feathers ruffled.  Sorry if I didn't participate in a rah rah thread in the manner you would have preferred.  BB had a great day, enjoy it!

I exactly got what you were saying , apparently no one else did LOL . 

4 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

Ohhh..   don’t get it twisted . Indiana gots sum HAMMERS . They got sum HAMMERS on those squads . Great to see and looking forward to wrestle the Midwest Best during a HS season ! Just can’t wait !

Not sure what I got twisted ???? CP is ranked ahead of St Edward and CP, BB and MD are ranked ahead of Graham . I realize that it's only rankings , but it's nice to see Indiana teams ranked ahead of those 2 Ohio powers . 

3 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

#17 Brownsburg vs. #22 EMD 

potential Lineups 

12/9/21 RANKINGS Updated and National Ranked . If I’m missing anyone please fill in the blank? 

106- #1 #16 Hockaday vs. #4 Schaefer

113- #3 P. Haines vs #5 Seng 

120- #2 Miller vs. #13 Egli 

126- #9 B. Haines vs. ______ 

132- #2 B. Ison vs. _______ 

138- #7 G. Garcia vs. _______ 

145- #9 B. Garcia vs. #8 Hayhurst 

152- #14 G. Ison vs. #3 May 

160- #6 Cicciarelli vs. _________ 

170- #7 Brewer vs. #1 Baumann 

182 - N/A 

195- #6 Henry vs. #1 #14 Sollars 

220- ________ vs. #2 Critchfield 

285- #1 #12 Jones vs. #13 Ralph  

I think the match count would be 8-6 in BB favor.

1 hour ago, SWINfan said:

Did anything in my post contradict that?  Nope

I realize you were being pedantic, but they wrestled Davison head to head 11 matches, 2 I believe were second entries. And they cleared them by nearly 40 in team points.

21 minutes ago, M109R said:

Not sure what I got twisted ???? CP is ranked ahead of St Edward and CP, BB and MD are ranked ahead of Graham . I realize that it's only rankings , but it's nice to see Indiana teams ranked ahead of those 2 Ohio powers . 

Nothing, just saying Ohio is going to be a handful 😂

52 minutes ago, greco165 said:

I realize you were being pedantic, but they wrestled Davison head to head 11 matches, 2 I believe were second entries. And they cleared them by nearly 40 in team points.

Which is awesome.  Never did I say it wasn't.   Brownsburg should be proud.  They have a helluva team.  Never meant to imply something different.  

The question shouldn’t be “who wins between EMD and Brownsburg” but instead it should be “how much does brownsburg win by?” Brownsburg is simply too elite this year as shown by their top 10 ranking. I’m gonna say worst case scenario for them they win by 40+ in a dual but more realistically it’s closer to 55. No one is even talking about Crown Point. They have a way better shot of taking even one match off Brownsburg in a dual, but it probably won’t be much more than one. 40+ point wins for Brownsburg against both of them. 

I tend to bite my tongue on these topics but let results do the talking. Mater Dei has proven that they are the best in the state. After watching some of their young guns this year, it looks to be the truth. Match ups will be a lot of fun and after looking at BB's lineup and adjusting MD's here is what I think:

106 Schaefer dec. Hockaday 3-0 MD

113 Seng dec. Haines 6-0 MD

120 Miller dec. Egli 6-3MD

126 Haines maj dec. Folz 7-6BB

132 Ison maj dec. Hermann 11-7BB

138 Garcia dec. Vanover 14-7 BB

145 Hayhurst dec. Garcia 14-10 BB

152 May pins Ison 16-14 MD

160 Ciccerali dec. Turner 17-16 BB

170 Baumann pins Brewer 22-17 MD

182 Martin pins Jones 28-17 MD

195 Sollars maj dec. Henry 32-17 MD

220 Critchfield pins Lapadat 38-17 MD

285 Jones Maj Dec. Ralph 38-23 MD

These 'cats looked ready to pounce this weekend, I am excited to see if these projections are close.

1 hour ago, PhillyFanBB said:

The question shouldn’t be “who wins between EMD and Brownsburg” but instead it should be “how much does brownsburg win by?” Brownsburg is simply too elite this year as shown by their top 10 ranking. I’m gonna say worst case scenario for them they win by 40+ in a dual but more realistically it’s closer to 55. No one is even talking about Crown Point. They have a way better shot of taking even one match off Brownsburg in a dual, but it probably won’t be much more than one. 40+ point wins for Brownsburg against both of them. 

Unbiased opinion but I think that’s absolutely insane if you think CP can only win one match against Brownsburg. 

1 hour ago, PhillyFanBB said:

Weren't you recently PhillyFanMD, and talking trash on behalf of Mater Dei? 

I was actually thinking about the CP v BURG dual last night.

106 Hocakday v Jendreas FALL 6-0 BURG

113 Haines v Nowaczyk FALL 12-0 BURG

120 Miller v Cruz MDec 16-0 BURG

126 Haines v Fraizer MDec 16-4 BURG

132 Ison v Bahl Dec 19-4 BURG

138 Garcia v Mendez FALL 19-10 BURG

145 Garcia v Tattini Dec 22-10 BURG

152 Ison v Goin FALL 22-16 BURG

160 Ciccerilli v Goodwin Dec 22-19 BURG

170 Brewer v Willems Dec 22-22 TIE

182 Singh v Cruz FALL 22-28 CP

195 Henry v Clark Dec 25-28 CP

220 Lapadat v Clark Dec 25-31 CP

285 Jones v ??? FALL 31-31 TIE

Man this would be an awesome dual with some awesome matches.

132, 145, 160, 170, 195 will be the swing matches they could all go either way.

9 minutes ago, QuinnHarris said:

106 has happened a few times and never a fall 

Hell guys im just thankful we have so much high school talent that this thread has turned into a straight up tomcat fight!😂

I know we aren’t as deep as some other states but man we have some hammer high school wrestlers and some young hammers behind them! As far as the BB-MD dual it’s gonna be epic for sure! Brownsburg is definitely loaded and Mater Dei has several studs. Someone touched on it earlier in a team state thread I think?? BONUS POINTS will most likely decide the champion. Let’s not forget 2 losses by a team can be equaled out with one pin… And if was to go to criteria on a tie, that pin trumps the 2 wins. And we all know there gonna be a few pins and a few wins. When the smoke clears in January let’s just all try to not turn into keyboard tough guys! 😂

having 3 Indiana school teams ranked in the top 22 in the good ol  USA is freakin awesome💪🇺🇸 

2 hours ago, QuinnHarris said:

That was my point a couple days ago.  I feel that CP matches up better with BB. 

1 hour ago, guillotine said:

That was my point a couple days ago.  I feel that CP matches up better with BB. 

Seeding will be huge.  top 3 seeds should be MD, BB and CP.  Whoever gets the 1 seed will have a nice path to the finals.  The match between the 2 and 3 seed will be a war and you could see an emotional let down for the winner in the finals.

Seedings will be HUGE!

Mater Dei is defending state champs and ranked 1st by Indianamat. They SHOULD get the 1 seed.

Crown Point didn't wrestle at team state last year but are ranked 2nd by Indianamat. 

Brownsburg finished 4th last year and are ranked 3rd by Indianamat.

I can see THE COUNTY wielding their massive power and getting Brownsburg the 1 seed. That's how powerful those guys are... (Just a joke). 

Have we ever had three nationally ranked teams? Have we ever had two nationally ranked teams wrestle each other?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.