Sage Coy

ENoblewrestling

I thought for sure someone would start a topic on him, but I guess I will do it.  I was really impressed by him on Saturday.  I thought he was very dominant in winning a very tough weight, he was really fun to watch as well.

In the quarters he hit what I would call a "flying squirrel", I am surprised that takedown doesn't have its own thread, anyone got a video of it?  Anyone get a better angle on it?  That is what it looked like to me.

Also no a complaint just curious with his ranking, he is currently 14th, and it seems that he was a little bit low all year long.  Not just based on Saturday but on his past.  Doesn't he only have like two losses or something in high school?  I am pretty sure he has had quite a bit of bad luck when it comes sectional time in the past.

Anyhow this kid really impressed me I think he could make a lot of noise down at Banker's Life.

It was a cartwheel FYI, not a flying squirrel.

Thanks I didn't get a real good look at it, I was kind of half watching a few matches and saw his feet go over his head, and heard the crowed ohhing and ahhhing so I assumed that is what he had done.  Either way it was cool.

Edited by buscowrestling

Sage is fun to watch and very talented.  He has only lost 4 matches to this point in High School, he lost his 2nd match of this season wrestling up, twice by 2 injury default last season, and once as a freshman.  He is a naturally gifted young man who has and is putting in the work to be a beast. The flip for two was more like a summersault over his opponent but whatever you would like to call it he is explosive gives the fans in the stands something to watch and be entertained by all while simply doing something he loves.....Good Luck to him, Jacob Gray, and Scottie Evans this weekend at state they are key pieces in the rebuilding of a program with a rich wrestling history.

I always look for wrestlers like Sage Coy when I am putting a team together. I look for that chip on the shoulder wrestlers. I put a few in my lineup if I can because It makes my team solid. Trust me it rubs off on the guys that need to see it first hand. Wrestlers like Coy can win the matches that are on paper impossible to win. Sage has no fear. So when he walks on the mat he looks for opportunities that a normal wrestler would never see or recognize. That makes him dangerous so don't ever take him for granted or it will be the lights at Bankers life that you will be counting.

People just don't stop. NOONE is gone touch Nick Lee. He will tech fall or pin Sage Coy. People thought that brayton Lee would hang but he couldn't even get past bethel.bethel is good but not nowhere near great. I'm not trying to argue cuz this is a discussion board but let's discuss things that are possible. Again no disrespect to anyone but its more of a compliment to Nick.

Sage and Nick would meet in the Semi's

People just don't stop. NOONE is gone touch Nick Lee. He will tech fall or pin Sage Coy. People thought that brayton Lee would hang but he couldn't even get past bethel.bethel is good but not nowhere near great. I'm not trying to argue cuz this is a discussion board but let's discuss things that are possible. Again no disrespect to anyone but its more of a compliment to Nick.

Wow... People were on here saying how impressed they were with him at Semi State, not that he is going to beat Lee... Hater much???

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.