State Day 1: Results and Discussion

Just now, Silence Dogood said:

Looked like they missed a locked hands on Thornton at the end before the escape that would have tied that match.

There have been a couple missed locking hands in crucial matches today. 

5 minutes ago, slice6060 said:

Can't figure out why trackwrestling is only showing 6pts for Tell City. They had 3 wins with 1 pin, right?

image.png.e6b641eb6c1f3603618f87cff0ed0f8b.png

From the image you posted win didnt process through the in the system. Shows him as not placing and 0 points. 

2 minutes ago, smitty11 said:

Calling Ison over Shepherd and Ison wins it all.  Think that will be the difference in the team race.  Reynolds vs. Hawkins will be big.  Paul Clark losing was big.  Should be some good wrestling tomorrow.  

Paul's loss does hurt.  Hawkins has won the two previous matches with Reynolds this year and I believe will do it again.  When I watch Clinton Shepherd wrestle, I feel like I am watching Jason Tsirtsis all over again.  Clinton will be the next 4 timer after Hockaday does it next year.

13 minutes ago, Bob said:

If my quick calculations are correct, after the first round, EV Semi-State has 38 placers, NC has 28, EC has 25, and FW has 21. 

I counted

Ev 38

NC 29

EC 24

FW 21

I could be wrong.  I’ll need to go back and recount.

Edited by piscis1956

11 minutes ago, TrueRegionFan said:

Paul's loss does hurt.  Hawkins has won the two previous matches with Reynolds this year and I believe will do it again.  When I watch Clinton Shepherd wrestle, I feel like I am watching Jason Tsirtsis all over again.  Clinton will be the next 4 timer after Hockaday does it next year.

He is tough and does wrestle a lot like Tsirtsis but takes a few more risks and D is not as solid at this age but I think he is better on his feet as a freshman.  He did look like he gassed in the 3rd today.  Maybe first match at state was a little excited and got tired.

27 minutes ago, barrydjr said:

Just an observation, but the rumor we heard concerning State was that event tickets would be sold out in less than an hour. Maybe I am missing something, but the stands look around half capacity?

It’s a freaking joke how they hype it up to justify the outrageous fees from Ticketmaster. Complete joke