Sectional brackets

10 minutes ago, aoberlin said:

All seeding meetings are done on Wednesday. Expect them late Wednesday or early Thursday sometime.

CAN WE GET A RUSH ON THAT PLEASE!!!!

Practices are being cancelled, so tonight would be a great night to meet!!!😆

Edited by Bulldog89

Hopefully it's before Friday 9am like Track says, I get waiting a bit to check for errors or something, but sometime tomorrow should be long enough imo. Don't know of any other sport where opponents aren't known until 24 hours before competing.  Free the brackets!

What happened to the leaks we got last year? Did the IHSAA actually crack down on that? Still insane that the IHSAA won't release them until the day before. Is wrestling the only sport that doesn't get their brackets released earlier?

15 minutes ago, Thor said:

What happened to the leaks we got last year? Did the IHSAA actually crack down on that? Still insane that the IHSAA won't release them until the day before. Is wrestling the only sport that doesn't get their brackets released earlier?

I'd like to see brackets earlier as well. However, wrestling is probably the only sport in which the brackets can change one hour before the event starts. Can't compare it to bball, football, volleyball, etc.

I think all the leaks that would pop up may upset the IHSAA and I think with Indianamat.com hosting state finals seeding show and other things that maybe they don't want to rock that boat? This is me speculating. Of course someone could test this theory. 

1 minute ago, bwoodjc89 said:

I'd like to see brackets earlier as well. However, wrestling is probably the only sport in which the brackets can change one hour before the event starts. Can't compare it to bball, football, volleyball, etc.

Another difference is that the coaches all went through a process to develop the brackets last night...it's not a random draw....the coaches all know the brackets...so why can't everyone else know?

2 minutes ago, Silence Dogood said:

Another difference is that the coaches all went through a process to develop the brackets last night...it's not a random draw....the coaches all know the brackets...so why can't everyone else know?

I just want to see if any weights changed from the rankings.