2024 Finals Location

awill0352

22 minutes ago, brickfor6 said:

I am a huge fan of Edwardos, house of pizza, and Gelsosomos. Best pizza is over the border in Chi. I am burnt out on this one but if you never had it you have to try JJs pizza shack: stuffed crust pizza.

Gelsosomos and Edwardos are both good joints. I miss having multiple pizza locations. I really miss not having an Italian beef shop near me.

If we are going to have a pizza conversation and discuss Pizza King, we have to start being specific about what Pizza King is being rated. In my small sample size (maybe 3-4) there are wildly varying levels of Pizza King quality, depending on location.

27 minutes ago, Kyle Ayersman said:

Gelsosomos and Edwardos are both good joints. I miss having multiple pizza locations. I really miss not having an Italian beef shop near me.

I love the Chicago style pizza.    But when i make my semi-annual trip to Windy City,  Im always looking to try a new Chicago Style Italian Beef.  So with your time in West Lafayette,  AJ.s has a solid Italian Beef.   Did you like that one?     HMMMM no sour grapes,  but I bet Evansville doesn't have Italian Beef.

Edited by Wrestling Scholar

46 minutes ago, brickfor6 said:

I am a huge fan of Edwardos, house of pizza, and Gelsosomos. Best pizza is over the border in Chi. I am burnt out on this one but if you never had it you have to try JJs pizza shack: stuffed crust pizza.

It is fun to go get some Chicago Stye:  I would rate 1. Lou Malnati's, 2. Giordano's 3. Geno's East.             Geno's East is a tourist trap,  its fun to write on the walls.   But the last time i went there which was the the famous one downtown, my waiter was higher than a hippie on bad acid at Woodstock.   Literally took 45 minutes to get water.

49 minutes ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

It is fun to go get some Chicago Stye:  I would rate 1. Lou Malnati's, 2. Giordano's 3. Geno's East.             Geno's East is a tourist trap,  its fun to write on the walls.   But the last time i went there which was the the famous one downtown, my waiter was higher than a hippie on bad acid at Woodstock.   Literally took 45 minutes to get water.

Yes those are great Deep dish places. I am just talking Chicago tavern pizza in general. We have some of the best Italian beef up here too. PJ's by Andrean HS used to be great, but I haven't had it in a long time. Nothing beats going to the southside and getting some Riccobene's 

52 minutes ago, TripleB said:

Evansville has several Arby's, get all the shaved roast beef you want. 

Ok, What we've learned about Evansville food from Indianamat:

1. Best Pizza is Pizza King

2. Best Tacos are Taco Bell

3. Best Italian Beef is Arby's

Is it a fair assumption to say best Chinese is Panda Express?   

Edited by Wrestling Scholar

3 hours ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

Ok, What we've learned about Evansville food from Indianamat:

1. Best Pizza is Pizza King

2. Best Tacos are Taco Bell

3. Best Italian Beef is Arby's

Is it a fair assumption to say best Chinese is Panda Express?   

Hey don't be too hard on Evansville, it is not like Indiana is some food mecca. People in Indiana think City BBQ is good BBQ... that couldn't even sell at a gas station here in Texas 🤣 - joking aside St. Elmos - stellar for any city in the U.S. 

Edited by SunDevils
grammar

I would like to stick up for Fort Wayne one more time here. We know how to eat and we have quite a few restaurants and there is a ton more than this. I have highlighted some of my favorites.

Kim Vu

800 Degrees

Asakusa

Hoppy Gnome

Teuquilla's

Junk Ditch

Proximo

Chop's

Fort Wayne's Famous Coney

Klemms

Copper Spoon

Shig's n Pit

Tolon

The Han Dynasty

Paula's on Main

Cork N Cleaver

Hideout 125

Banh Mi Barista

Dash-In

Catablu Grille

Oley's Pizza

816 Pint and Slice

Big Apple Pizza

Big Eyed Fish

Powers

Casa's

Zianno's

Five Guys

Portillos

Skyline Chili

Storming Crab

BurgerFi

Bagger Dave's

Biaggi's

Eddie Merlots

Salvatori's 

Baker Street Steakhouse

Ruth's Chris

Sapporo

Koto Japanese

Umi Fort Wayne

Naked Chopsticks

Sakura Japanese

Cindy's Diner

Takaoka of Japan

Los Cabos Mexican Grill

Cebolla's Mexican Grill

Salsa Grill

SOLBIRD Kitchen & Tap

Mo's Tacos

Pizza King

B Antonio's Pizza

Giordano's

Mancino's Pizza and Grinder

Korean Fried Chicken 

Seoul Garden

Noodles and Company

Smokey Bones

Lucille's BBQ

ZIFFLES!

Buffalo Wings and Ribs

Acme

BJ's Brewhouse

Granite City

Summit City Brewerks

Marquee at the Landing

Nawa

43 minutes ago, SunDevils said:

Hey don't be too hard on Evansville, it is not like Indiana is some food mecca. People in Indiana think City BBQ is good BBQ... that couldn't even sell at a gas station here in Texas 🤣 - joking aside St. Elmos - though stellar for any city in the U.S. 

Our most famous dish is the pork tenderloin sandwich that the tenderloin is at minimum a 10:1 ratio to the bun. 

1 hour ago, SunDevils said:

Hey don't be too hard on Evansville, it is not like Indiana is some food mecca. People in Indiana think City BBQ is good BBQ... that couldn't even sell at a gas station here in Texas 🤣 - joking aside St. Elmos - though stellar for any city in the U.S. 

The Region is a food mecca. 

7 hours ago, aoberlin said:

I would like to stick up for Fort Wayne one more time here. We know how to eat and we have quite a few restaurants and there is a ton more than this. I have highlighted some of my favorites.

Kim Vu

800 Degrees

Asakusa

Hoppy Gnome

Teuquilla's

Junk Ditch

Proximo

Chop's

Fort Wayne's Famous Coney

Klemms

Copper Spoon

Shig's n Pit

Tolon

The Han Dynasty

Paula's on Main

Cork N Cleaver

Hideout 125

Banh Mi Barista

Dash-In

Catablu Grille

Oley's Pizza

816 Pint and Slice

Big Apple Pizza

Big Eyed Fish

Powers

Casa's

Zianno's

Five Guys

Portillos

Skyline Chili

Storming Crab

BurgerFi

Bagger Dave's

Biaggi's

Eddie Merlots

Salvatori's 

Baker Street Steakhouse

Ruth's Chris

Sapporo

Koto Japanese

Umi Fort Wayne

Naked Chopsticks

Sakura Japanese

Cindy's Diner

Takaoka of Japan

Los Cabos Mexican Grill

Cebolla's Mexican Grill

Salsa Grill

SOLBIRD Kitchen & Tap

Mo's Tacos

Pizza King

B Antonio's Pizza

Giordano's

Mancino's Pizza and Grinder

Korean Fried Chicken 

Seoul Garden

Noodles and Company

Smokey Bones

Lucille's BBQ

ZIFFLES!

Buffalo Wings and Ribs

Acme

BJ's Brewhouse

Granite City

Summit City Brewerks

Marquee at the Landing

Nawa

Shig's n Pit is legit bbq imo.

Edited by BrodyHardcastle

8 minutes ago, aoberlin said:

Shig's is good. But Lucille's is hard to beat. 

My favorite ribs are Ziffle's by far though.

4 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Haven't been to Shigs in a while, they went downhill when they started expanding. Lucille's all the way, plus it's closer to Victory Bay.

Haven't been since after the IHPO weigh-ins in 2016 so I might be a little outdated😂 I will have to give Ziffle's and Lucille's a try next time I am up that way.

10 hours ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

I love the Chicago style pizza.    But when i make my semi-annual trip to Windy City,  Im always looking to try a new Chicago Style Italian Beef.  So with your time in West Lafayette,  AJ.s has a solid Italian Beef.   Did you like that one?     HMMMM no sour grapes,  but I bet Evansville doesn't have Italian Beef.

AJs is solid. Whenever I get back in the region I always hit up Jewel-Osco and Pops. I usually stick with chicken sandwiches at restaurants, as those are hard to mess up.

On 4/20/2023 at 1:43 PM, aoberlin said:

Shig's is good. But Lucille's is hard to beat. 

My favorite ribs are Ziffle's by far though.

Fort Wayne doesn't have a good BBQ joint.  I think my waistline can attest to the fact that I'm connoisseur of fine meats.  If you want some real BBQ go to Frankie's in South Bend.  Tell'em I sent you and you'll still have to wait.

1 hour ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Fort Wayne doesn't have a good BBQ joint.  I think my waistline can attest to the fact that I'm connoisseur of fine meats.  If you want some real BBQ go to Frankie's in South Bend.  Tell'em I sent you and you'll still have to wait.

I will not disagree. I like Ziffle’s ribs but I’m not sure you can actually call them BBQ. There is no smoke or charcoal that they are made with but I like them.  As far as actually good BBQ the only place I really really enjoyed was Blue Stack Smokehouse before they closed. Particularly their brisket, they cooked it like I do mine. I cook some decent BBQ and enjoy it. Currently I have 4 pork butts on the smoker for the Howe camp tomorrow.