Crown Point vs. Chicago Mt. Carmel!!!

busstogate

3 minutes ago, ontherise219 said:

Fans were ejected. No coaches were ejected, 2 of the 3 bonus points were fans I believe 

it was an amazing atmosphere for a dual honestly probably the best I have been around. The MC student section was loud from the first JV match through to the end.  

thank you MC and CP for putting this event on hopefully CP can bring the atmosphere next year. 

Thank you for the explanation, that clears things up.

2 minutes ago, Jayruss said:

What are the match by match results ?

106 Mc by Major

113 Mc Dec 

120 Mc Dec

126 Mc Major

132 CP Dec

138 Cp Fall

145 Cp Fall

152 Cp tech

160 Mc Dec

170 Mc Fall

182 Cp Fall

195 Cp Dec

220 Cp Tech 

285 Mc Fall

Just now, Silence Dogood said:

This conversation got me thinking...Are there any other sports where points are taken away for bad conduct of the participants or coaches?

I’ve seen technicals called in basketball for the actions of coaches and fans. Allowing the opposing team to add points to their score is basically the same. 

In high-level professional soccer, if fans are able to throw projectiles on the field or make racial chants; the norm nowadays is to abandon the match immediately and often deduct a win/tie point from the home team's league total before replaying the match later with no fans.

The refs had a hard time in the Goodwin match. He got hosed in that match.  Fans must not have liked it.  If that match would have came down to 170 it would have been crazy both guys looked pinned a few different times.  The young man Goin wrestled might be in a little pain this morning but he fought off his back really well.  That was a really cool environment. Great stream only thing was the ref stood in front of the camera a few times and didn't move.

Also not sure Frazier was really stalling.  Lemley was better no doubt but Frazier didn't seem he should have been called for stalling 3 times.

Mendoza from Mt. Carmel is a stud.  Is he from the region?  Seemed Mt. Carmel had about 4-5 kids from the region a couple from CP.  Alex Tsirtsis looks like he could still wrestle.  Region Wrestling Academy has something special for some top talent in the country.

Edited by smitty11

1 hour ago, smitty11 said:

Also not sure Frazier was really stalling.  Lemley was better no doubt but Frazier didn't seem he should have been called for stalling 3 times.

Mendoza from Mt. Carmel is a stud.  Is he from the region?  Seemed Mt. Carmel had about 4-5 kids from the region a couple from CP.  Alex Tsirtsis looks like he could still wrestle.  Region Wrestling Academy has something special for some top talent in the country.

While I don't disagree with your statement at all, the one ref called stalling a lot last night. He was pretty consistent with his calls though. As a coach whether I like the calls or not I at least want consistency.

This was without a doubt the coolest high school event I have witnessed. Better than alot of college and pro events. Glad we went. It was good for the kids and good for the sport. 

I can only see this heating up as the years go by as I believe they will always be top talent teams. The coolest thing is the amount of indiana kids total from both teams as mt carmel has its fair share of indiana talent as well. Indiana is wrestling, just a little scattered. 

Fun event

Edited by Dailygrind86

I hope we can continue to build these dual meets up, team state is another example of GREAT dual environment and excitement. A couple years ago MD wrestled PM in a dual right at the start of Christmas break, PM didn’t travel so well on that one but the distance was a factor I’m sure. That match was awesome I’m sure CP and MCC lived up to the bill. Let’s all keep working towards more of these match ups.

On 1/22/2022 at 9:21 AM, smitty11 said:

The refs had a hard time in the Goodwin match. He got hosed in that match.  Fans must not have liked it.  If that match would have came down to 170 it would have been crazy both guys looked pinned a few different times.  The young man Goin wrestled might be in a little pain this morning but he fought off his back really well.  That was a really cool environment. Great stream only thing was the ref stood in front of the camera a few times and didn't move.

The referee getting in the way was mildly annoying, but I get it.  Nothing you can really do there.  The photographers though...those guys really annoyed me.  They had to know that they were getting in the way of the camera.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.