Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
aoberlin

Escobedo is the New Head Coach of IU!!!

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Heck of a promotion for him.   Kinda shocked they didn’t do a much larger coaching search, especially for a Big10 job.  Hope it works out well.  Angel has the name recognition and has coached at a few different programs, but it has also been unclear how much development his time at those programs have garnered.   Hopefully, with full run of the program he can put together a solid staff that can help the Hoosiers make some solid gains.   Plus, can still find a few more diamond in the ruff recruits that can help speed up the rebuilding phase.  

Edited by MattM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude has been pretty darn successful at everything he has done so far.  I think he gets the job done.  I am just glad they called me for his reference. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Breaking News: With the announcement of Escobedo becoming the new head coach at IU, Brayton Lee and Mason Parris have decommitted from Minnesota and Michigan and have signed with Indiana University. Micic and both Lee’s will be coming home as well! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Certainly will bring an uplift to the "spirit" of IU Wrestling, which should translate to some good in-state recruiting!  Now, have to give the new coach a few years to assemble his staff, bring in his recruits and hopefully push IU up the Big10 standings cause it won't happen overnight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, leaveitonthemat said:

Breaking News: With the announcement of Escobedo becoming the new head coach at IU, Brayton Lee and Mason Parris have decommitted from Minnesota and Michigan and have signed with Indiana University. Micic and both Lee’s will be coming home as well! 

lol if this actually Happened it would be crazy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Current recruiting class according to Intermat

11-03-17 Indiana Graham Rooks Columbus East IN 149/157
04-04-18 Indiana Brandon Streck Merrillville IN 285
11-08-17 Indiana Tristan Sellmer Floyd Central IN 141/149
12-15-17 Indiana Breyden Bailey Indianapolis Cathedral (via Northern Illinois) IN 133/141

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, BClark said:

Current recruiting class according to Intermat

11-03-17 Indiana Graham Rooks Columbus East IN 149/157
04-04-18 Indiana Brandon Streck Merrillville IN 285
11-08-17 Indiana Tristan Sellmer Floyd Central IN 141/149
12-15-17 Indiana Breyden Bailey Indianapolis Cathedral (via Northern Illinois) IN 133/141

I believe Cayden Rooks and Nick South class of 2019 have both verbally committed to IU as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, base said:

Certainly will bring an uplift to the "spirit" of IU Wrestling, which should translate to some good in-state recruiting!  Now, have to give the new coach a few years to assemble his staff, bring in his recruits and hopefully push IU up the Big10 standings cause it won't happen overnight

They should be much improved, return pretty much the whole roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are realistic expectations from IU and coach Escobedo foe the next few years?  And then, what will the public expectations be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I heard that at least one current IU wrestler is transferring.  My info is straight from FloWresting podcast.  It looks like said wrestler is not on the roster either.

Edited by nk140

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Team Scores 

  1. Ohio State 164.5 
  2. Penn State 148.0 
  3. Michigan 118.0 
  4. Iowa 90.5 
  5. Nebraska 72.5 
  6. Wisconsin 67.0 
  7. Minnesota 66.5 
  8. Illinois 62.5 
  9. Purdue 59.5 
  10. Northwestern 55.5 
  11. Rutgers 42.5 
  12. Maryland 30.5 
  13. Indiana 10.0 
  14. Michigan State 9.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.