Evansville Semi State

20 minutes ago, Ghengis86 said:

150 probably has the most egregious draw with May v Gibbs. 

This is a crying shame. Same as 120 Haines vs Henderson

How do you get the #3 vs #4 and the #2 vs #3 wrestlers in the State at their respective weight class facing each other in the blood round at SS? You have 2 of the top 5 guys in the state at the same regional - that's how.

Two of these guys having to end their season prior to the State Finals because of no wrestlebacks is flat out criminal.

Edited by SIACfan

1 hour ago, SIACfan said:

How do you get the #3 vs #4 and the #2 vs #3 wrestlers in the State at their respective weight class facing each other in the blood round at SS? You have 2 of the top 5 guys in the state at the same regional - that's how.

Two of these guys having to end their season prior to the State Finals because of no wrestlebacks is flat out criminal.

Since 2016 season that I can remember it’s become so common almost every year . Evansville has become the Gauntlet of Semi States . THE 

Great House Property GIF by Florida Lifestyle Realty

A thought, if athletes were not moving into these power schools from other locations, would that change how much of a meatgrinder the Evansville SS is? 

If this is going to continue, and there is only reasonable expectation that it will, then there should be adjustments to allow for wrestlebacks...or policies on transfers that concentrate top talent at a few schools. 

I am confused. Does Brownsburg want to go to the northern semi state to compete with CP? I don't think Mater Dei or CG have a choice due to obvious location. If there is a concentration of talent in a few schools, is it not reasonable that you are going to get tough draws at semis?

12 minutes ago, MatTime said:

A thought, if athletes were not moving into these power schools from other locations, would that change how much of a meatgrinder the Evansville SS is? 

If this is going to continue, and there is only reasonable expectation that it will, then there should be adjustments to allow for wrestlebacks...or policies on transfers that concentrate top talent at a few schools. 

I am confused. Does Brownsburg want to go to the northern semi state to compete with CP? I don't think Mater Dei or CG have a choice due to obvious location. If there is a concentration of talent in a few schools, is it not reasonable that you are going to get tough draws at semis?

Brownsburg is closer to all three other semistates. With that said, it wouldn’t make sense for Brownburg not to go to Avon sectional. I guess we could shoot over to Crawfordsville on I-74??? That will never happen.  

1 hour ago, ReformedPoster said:

How did this match go down at team state.  I know Henderson got a late pin, but what was the score at that point?  Who seemed to be controlling the action?

Let me see…. 
All That Magic GIF by Nickelodeon

Yes, I can see it now in my hands of reversing time . Crystal ball saying I was in Hawaii, enjoying the beaches, volcanos, marvelous views from my exclusive resort . Might of popped in the last round of CP vs. BB finals. Talked smack to @Y2CJ41 about plankton coming in a few weeks for his secret formula. Idk. Then tried to come home and some airplane lost its door. Got to stay in Hawaii for 2 more days . Came home and had severe jet lag . To answer your question. I have no clue . 🤣😂🤣

Edited by TeamGarcia

1 hour ago, TeamGarcia said:

Let me see…. 
All That Magic GIF by Nickelodeon

Yes, I can see it now in my hands of reversing time . Crystal ball saying I was in Hawaii, enjoying the beaches, volcanos, marvelous views from my exclusive resort . Might of popped in the last round of CP vs. BB finals. Talked smack to @Y2CJ41 about plankton coming in a few weeks for his secret formula. Idk. Then tried to come home and some airplane lost its door. Got to stay in Hawaii for 2 more days . Came home and had severe jet lag . To answer your question. I have no clue . 🤣😂🤣

Got me thinking I get it now , why would @ReformedPoster want the juicy info’s in that match ? Oh he or she is 
Sliding Richard Hammond GIF by DriveTribe  

They trying to beat me in Evansville Pick’ems . Where that meme of that lil’kid saying bullcrap . @SIwrestling gave him all he need to know . 

Youre Good Robert Deniro GIF 

DANG IT ! 

8 hours ago, SIACfan said:

Someone needs to research how much more likely you are going to state if you win Mooresville Regional rather than placing 2,3,4. Getting first at Mooresvile regional makes Semi State significantly easier.

1 hour ago, THECountyFan said:

Someone needs to research how much more likely you are going to state if you win Mooresville Regional rather than placing 2,3,4. Getting first at Mooresvile regional makes Semi State significantly easier.

Yup, been saying this for years . If you win anything in the first 3 phases of the State Series . You gotta win Moorseville Regional . Did my kids ever listen to me ? No ! That’s a different story . 

10 hours ago, MatTime said: