Best Wrestler You’ve Ever Seen

blueandgold

(The year beside each name indicates that particular version of that wrestler); This list is in no particular order.

1. 2016 Chad Red… Pinned his way to the finals and beat #2 Nick Lee for his fourth title.
  2. 2013 Cody LeCount… 40-0 with the fastest technical fall in the finals. Virtually untouched as I don’t think he had an offensive point scored on him all season.
  3. 2022 Jesse Mendez… Self-explanatory.
  4. 2015 Blake Rypel… While he was a two-time champion, his junior year was wicked. He pinned his way through the state tournament series except for one tech fall in the semi-state finals against Tristen Tonte.
  5. 2015 Drew Hughes… He couldn’t be touched throughout the state series and was only held to a decision once before pinning his way through the state.
  6. 2015 Shawn Streck… Couldn’t be touched and pinned his way through heavyweight at the state.
  7. 2021 Brody Baumann… That finals performance showed his guts.
  8. 2021 Gabe Sollars… I watched him show how wide the gap was between he and Drake Buchanan in the semi-state finals that year.
  9. 2021 Leighton Jones… Up until the semis loss at state, he was probably the meanest, scariest heavyweight in recent memory.
  10. 2014 Vinny Corsaro… I vividly remember him dominating #3 Nick Borta by technical fall in the semi-state finals, and I was sure he was winning the next weekend.

Best I wrestled with and best teammate.

DJ Radnovich - Gibson Southern 

Best I had ever seen in person

Greg Schaefer - Mater Dai

Best I ever tried to wrestle

Adam Doherty - Jeffersonville 

I did go to state finals last year and saw a lot of amazing wrestlers, but these 3 guys from the late 90's will always be the standard for me.

49 minutes ago, rmckinney88 said:

Best I wrestled with and best teammate.

DJ Radnovich - Gibson Southern 

Best I had ever seen in person

Greg Schaefer - Mater Dai

Best I ever tried to wrestle

Adam Doherty - Jeffersonville 

I wrestled against two of them and the other was the scariest high school wrestling specimen I’be ever seen in person.  I’ll let you guess who is who.  

15 hours ago, TurkMcGurk said:

Best ever is a toss up between Joe and TJ Williams, Mount Carmel, IL. 

Haven’t lived in Indiana long enough to see many better than Red and Mendez, but they were something else. 

I remember Joe getting put on his back against PU at PU Calumet dual,  (maybe Wissel was wrestling him?)  anywho  straight bench pressed him off   and commenced to laying a beat down on PU.  I remember Gable being in a leg brace/cast

Andrew Howe 

3 minutes ago, oldfat119 said:

I remember Joe getting put on his back against PU at PU Calumet dual,  (maybe Wissel was wrestling him?)  anywho  straight bench pressed him off   and commenced to laying a beat down on PU.  I remember Gable being in a leg brace/cast

Wissel is too young for that. 

Eric Douglas wrestled Joe Williams several times, might have been him. 

D J RAAANDOVICHHH     that dude was a man 

Andy Trevino  back in the day was a nasty guy to watch

Howe       I remember  sittin in Mville  lookin at this baby faced nice kid,,,   Beating EVERYone

Escobedo  was always fun to watch   slick 

lots of great ones,  hard to pick one