State tickets

1 hour ago, Mattyb said:

No codes and tickets go on sale in 45 mins. Please encourage all ADs to be honest and not politically correct during the zoom with IHSAA. Whoever is in charge of all of this is clearly is in over their head and needs to allow someone else to do the needed research and make policy. Without being brutally honest to the powers to be, it won’t get better. 

was your school able to buy tickets?  If so, we never got a code.

1 minute ago, rookie78 said:

was your school able to buy tickets?  If so, we never got a code.

Up to school. Some are going to buy for families when they get codes. Some ADs are gonna forward codes to families to buy their own.  As far as I know nobody has them but they are sposed to be to schools today. This is just from talking to people in the know. Not sure on the pecking order of who will get codes when. Again, all hear say. Please dont hold me to it. 

7 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

Up to school. Some are going to buy for families when they get codes. Some ADs are gonna forward codes to families to buy their own.  As far as I know nobody has them but they are sposed to be to schools today. This is just from talking to people in the know. Not sure on the pecking order of who will get codes when. Again, all hear say. Please dont hold me to it. 

Or who ya know. I'll see yall at state from the suites

This is a complete mess AGAIN. As a wrestling fan and former parent of wrestlers, and now having a son who is a head coach. I can not imagine the frustration of trying to coach your wrestlers for this weekend, scheduling the logistics of attending state, keeping you wrestlers parents informed, and still have to handle a job or classroom duties this week just to be able to attend an IHSAA state event.  No other IHSAA sport as this problem that I'm aware of. After last years ticketgate2022, I sent Commissioner Neidig an email on what I thought was the worst experience of any state wrestling event ever, because of the handling of ticket sales. Didn't even get a response back. Someone needs to be fired or seriously be removed from their duties from this ticket fiasco.  The IHSAA website still shows $25 ALL Session tickets! Sounds like that's not going to happen. Where have you ever been forced to buy tickets online the night before an event. Please whoever is on the virtual meeting on Tuesday speak out about this debacle. It's one thing to be preparing for the greatest weekend in your son/daughter HS career and then to worry about tickets is ridiculous.

11 minutes ago, boilergrappler said:

This is a complete mess AGAIN. As a wrestling fan and former parent of wrestlers, and now having a son who is a head coach. I can not imagine the frustration of trying to coach your wrestlers for this weekend, scheduling the logistics of attending state, keeping you wrestlers parents informed, and still have to handle a job or classroom duties this week just to be able to attend an IHSAA state event.  No other IHSAA sport as this problem that I'm aware of. After last years ticketgate2022, I sent Commissioner Neidig an email on what I thought was the worst experience of any state wrestling event ever, because of the handling of ticket sales. Didn't even get a response back. Someone needs to be fired or seriously be removed from their duties from this ticket fiasco.  The IHSAA website still shows $25 ALL Session tickets! Sounds like that's not going to happen. Where have you ever been forced to buy tickets online the night before an event. Please whoever is on the virtual meeting on Tuesday speak out about this debacle. It's one thing to be preparing for the greatest weekend in your son/daughter HS career and then to worry about tickets is ridiculous.

Letting the parents of the athletes get first dibs on tickets is a great idea and what is needed. The turn around time between Saturday night and this morning is really short to get the proper amount of codes to the right people. That is on top of drawing up the brackets on Sunday and other duties that they need to do before the event.

They have made big adjustments to the ticket process this year and it should be much smoother.

4 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Letting the parents of the athletes get first dibs on tickets is a great idea and what is needed. The turn around time between Saturday night and this morning is really short to get the proper amount of codes to the right people. That is on top of drawing up the brackets on Sunday and other duties that they need to do before the event.

They have made big adjustments to the ticket process this year and it should be much smoother.

Totally agree with parents getting tickets first. Why not all session tickets? Seems like that would make it be a lot smoother.