State tickets

Excuse my ignorance - but say a fella is busy on Friday night (I know, I know) and can only attend Saturday's sessions. Those tickets will not even go on sale until Friday night at midnight? Is that correct?? 

1 hour ago, boilergrappler said:

Totally agree with parents getting tickets first. Why not all session tickets? Seems like that would make it be a lot smoother. 

A lot of us parents did purchase all session tickets. The interesting thing will be if they actually honor them. 

Edited by Sdickman1

27 minutes ago, Sdickman1 said:

A lot of us parents did purchase all session passes. The interesting thing will be if they actually honor them. 

Better to have them and not need them, than to need them and not have them.

Probably worth taking a shot at them and getting money returned later. If they indeed are offering all session tickets to parents for the weekend, a good move by the IHSAA to reward these families with tickets the entire weekend. 

I THINK OVERALL A BETTER PROCESS THIS YEAR FOR SURE.

I do wist that the Order of the Mats was made known well ahead of time. And with the release of the bracket with MATCH # which they did. A mat number as well. I understand it may yet still change or it is going to be adjusted. I hope it is to Clockwise.

honestly   its hard to believe the ihsaa/ticketmaster/gainbridge is making it this difficult for wrestling fans that dont have a dog in the fight to get a frick'n TICKET to a HIGH SCHOOL event!!!!!!!!!!!!    guess im gettin too old for this crap.   I miss the 90s when u slid in on 2 wheels in the parking garage and ran in and threw your cash down and found THE best seat you could..............................

10 minutes ago, buttler73 said:

I THINK OVERALL A BETTER PROCESS THIS YEAR FOR SURE.

I do wist that the Order of the Mats was made known well ahead of time. And with the release of the bracket with MATCH # which they did. A mat number as well. I understand it may yet still change or it is going to be adjusted. I hope it is to Clockwise.

Hope you all got in one spot this year. It was a little awkward asking Saturday who we should cheer for with lone seat in the middle of our row and he said Joey. My reply was of course, well I don't think that is possible for this match but lets agree after, we can support each other the rest of the tournament! Best of luck to you this weekend and a healthy week leading up to it.

So even with the Pre Sale codes they have Lower Level Section 8 unavailable for purchase?  Mishawaka has been sitting in Section 8 every single year since ever.

So are they really going to force the Cavemen to invade the sovereign borders of our neighbors to the east or west?  Anyone know why Section 8 is the ONLY one that is not available for purchase at this time?

1 hour ago, oldfat119 said:

honestly   its hard to believe the ihsaa/ticketmaster/gainbridge is making it this difficult for wrestling fans that dont have a dog in the fight to get a frick'n TICKET to a HIGH SCHOOL event!!!!!!!!!!!!    guess im gettin too old for this crap.   I miss the 90s when u slid in on 2 wheels in the parking garage and ran in and threw your cash down and found THE best seat you could..............................

It's not that difficult. The IHSAA is doing the right thing and making sure the parents get close to the action.

Wednesday morning at 10am the general public gets tickets. 

Fighting for seats was ridiculous and not ideal for ushers and everyone else.

18 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

It's not that difficult. The IHSAA is doing the right thing and making sure the parents get close to the action.

Wednesday morning at 10am the general public gets tickets. 

Fighting for seats was ridiculous and not ideal for ushers and everyone else.

100 percent agree. I think that the frustration is that we feel like we are not well informed. It’s an emotional 4 weeks. We are all on pins and needles for a month. Thank god for this forum that lets us all have these discussions to help eachother get through it all. 

I would suggest that the IHSAA put out a statement that outlines their plan and process as we move toward the finals weekend. Just not knowing is the tough part. 

Great job on the show yesterday Joe, and thanks for keeping us all informed as best as you can. 

7 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

100 percent agree. I think that the frustration is that we feel like we are not well informed. It’s an emotional 4 weeks. We are all on pins and needles for a month. Thank god for this forum that lets us all have these discussions to help eachother get through it all. 

I would suggest that the IHSAA put out a statement that outlines their plan and process as we move toward the finals weekend. Just not knowing is the tough part. 

Great job on the show yesterday Joe, and thanks for keeping us all informed as best as you can. 

Well I think that would be ideal and definitely help alleviate the stress, the  IHSAA does most of their communicating through their ADs. I might suggest checking with them first and finding out exactly when this info was sent to them. As with anything, not all ADs are created equal. Just reading some of the comments, I feel as if some got info out a little sooner to their staff and parents. I would find it difficult to believe that certain schools got it before others. If that was the case, a legitimate gripe you would have.

4 minutes ago, XCard said:

Well I think that would be ideal and definitely help alleviate the stress, the  IHSAA does most of their communicating through their ADs. I might suggest checking with them first and finding out exactly when this info was sent to them. As with anything, not all ADs are created equal. Just reading some of the comments, I feel as if some got info out a little sooner to their staff and parents. I would find it difficult to believe that certain schools got it before others. If that was the case, a legitimate gripe you would have.

I’m suggesting a simple press release that Joe can share with us. Our AD did a fantastic job communicating. Clearly we had coaches parents and fans in this discussion. I believe the term “clear as mud” was used. I may be out of line but I just think that communication could be improved. I have no issue with the process. 

19 minutes ago, Neccdad said:

Defending the IHSAA and saying this is the best way to handle things is ridiculous.  We can buy tickets to basketball and football state finals more than a month in advance before any parent has any idea their kid is going to be in the game!  This argument is indefensible!

It's actually the right thing to do. The parents deserve to the closer and have guaranteed tickets.

For the other sports each school gets a big allotment of tickets for their own fan sections. There are actually sections that cannot be purchased online and ONLY go to the schools.

52 minutes ago, keepitquiet1619 said:

Even with a presale code I can't get Saturday tickets. Technical difficulty....

When I got mine pre-sale Friday was the only option.  My AD sent me

an email that said if your kid wins Friday you will get another code for pre-sale for Saturday. 

5 minutes ago, Bulldog89 said:

When I got mine pre-sale Friday was the only option.  My AD sent me

an email that said if your kid wins Friday you will get another code for pre-sale for Saturday. 

weird.  I got full weekend passes with our presale code.  There were a few sections that weren't available, but otherwise the whole process was pretty painless.  I do have to say, I like the idea of a presale code for qualifiers; making sure their families get a chance to see their kids in this moment, after all the work they've put in seems like a fair way to go about it.

1 minute ago, rrschott said:

weird.  I got full weekend passes with our presale code.  There were a few sections that weren't available, but otherwise the whole process was pretty painless.  I do have to say, I like the idea of a presale code for qualifiers; making sure their families get a chance to see their kids in this moment, after all the work they've put in seems like a fair way to go about it.

Yes we found out after that we could have gotten the whole weekend. Annoyed we didn't have instructions prior. 

1 hour ago, rrschott said:

I do wish more tickets were available for the families, 4 tickets just don't cut it for some. Now we have to pick and choose who gets the 4 seats and who gets thrown to the wolves on Weds when general admission opens up.  With any luck they can get the same area my four tickets are. 

29 minutes ago, 285BlueRaider said:

It should not be this difficult for friends, fans, coaches, admin, and family to sit next to one another. Everyone already has so much on their plate this week and worrying about seating is ridiculous. 

As if worrying about seating the day of is any better? I mean getting in line way ahead of time, the mad sprint, the saving of seats, the almost fights over said saved seats. 

53 minutes ago, XCard said:

As if worrying about seating the day of is any better? I mean getting in line way ahead of time, the mad sprint, the saving of seats, the almost fights over said saved seats. 

From the rules that I'm understanding, with the reserved seating, Coaches and wrestlers will have to purchase seats to have their seats reserved... 

23 hours ago, Sdickman1 said:

A lot of us parents did purchase all session tickets. The interesting thing will be if they actually honor them. 

6 minutes ago, 285BlueRaider said:

From the rules that I'm understanding, with the reserved seating, Coaches and wrestlers will have to purchase seats to have their seats reserved... 

Our AD was in on the Zoom meeting with  all the AD and said the coaches wrestlers will have a reserved section that they can sit in.  If you want them to sit with you, they will have to have a seat where ever the parents are sitting.  He also told me that since I could only buy the Friday session when I got my pre sale, Faulken suggested calling Ticketmaster and asking for them to change them to all sessions since I did not have that option when I got mine.