Team Rankings: IndianaMat Team Rankings-3A 12/12

decbell1

MV. The first weekend, we had two loses, but had 3 forfeits in our lineup and again had multiple starters out at Shamrock duals.  We have yet to have a full lineup, like a lot of others, but 4-1 at Traicoff even without full lineup and yet no changes to the rankings. I believe GC also beat CE and stayed under them. 

1 hour ago, rhayes said:

MV. The first weekend, we had two loses, but had 3 forfeits in our lineup and again had multiple starters out at Shamrock duals.  We have yet to have a full lineup, like a lot of others, but 4-1 at Traicoff even without full lineup and yet no changes to the rankings. I believe GC also beat CE and stayed under them. 

It’s very rare a team has their “A” lineup in. It’s the teams that have depth that show how good they are.

3 hours ago, rhayes said:

Interesting. So basically no changes even with loses to teams not on the list. 

You know what would help, coach? You posting your results of the duals you are hanging your team's hat on. We can't make informed decisions when we don't have the information. 

Aoberlin- when you are a large school you are correct. Smaller schools don’t have that luxury. My point was, we are competing with the large schools with a depleted lineup. I make no excuses for our team, our results will speak for themselves. This new ranking just seamed off, not just MV but other positions as well. 

3 hours ago, rhayes said:

Aoberlin- when you are a large school you are correct. Smaller schools don’t have that luxury. My point was, we are competing with the large schools with a depleted lineup. I make no excuses for our team, our results will speak for themselves. This new ranking just seamed off, not just MV but other positions as well. 

Large schools vs culture in a school. I will take culture all day long. The question is; how do you build the culture and is it easier to build at a smaller school?

19 hours ago, rhayes said:

My question is do you think that all the teams in the rankings are full strength?

Franklin is 2-6  on the season as far as updates show could actually be lot worse. And they are ranked 8th in 3A?

No details given so that things stay the same. If it is important to a team they should put the detailed results in. If it not then it's not. And maybe just pass over those teams that don't. It would be nice if this was mandatory thing that the coaches had to have entered. Maybe the home team is responsible for the details getting in. 

There is no way they are a top 10 team in 3A  WE had 2 FF against them this past weekend and a guy bumped up 2 classes. with two other JV guys on the squad. I believe they had a FF.

We had hard time getting everyone back from Football and on weight and battling a "Sicknesses". Our meet tomorrow is cancel against Decatur Central because they have flu outbreak has happening. It is tough this time of year when your trying to put your best foot forward

We may this weekend finally have a whole squad. Maybe not be on weight in a class or 2. But as close to our starting line up as we have been this year.

10 seniors 5 currently ranked at state level.

With Grandinetti & Brooks ranked in the Semi State.

Driver (195)and Farr(106) cannot be far behind

All teams face these same challenges. Franklin Community wrestles a tougher schedule. Many of their losses are to higher ranked 3A and 4A schools. Whiteland's only other ranked win is 1A #8 team who Franklin Community beat as well. Common opponents and duals in general are tough to compare due to matchups and depth to bump wrestlers. Honestly, based your logic, if they aren't a top 10 team than neither is Whiteland. 

Also, your wrestler technically did not bump up 2 weight classes. e.g. He normally wrestles 120. Weighed in at 120.5. Now he is a 126 for this dual so can bump 1 weight class to 132. For the record, no connection to either program at all. 

No all teams don't face the same challenges. Specifically when you have Football players playing in state finals. 

Keegan Grandinetti off weight

Sam Allen battling weight obviously he is the one that went up 220.  35 pounds difference

Blake Driver on weight, knocking the rust off 

Jakarrey Oliver still getting in shape.

All 4 guys are 4 year Varsity Wrestlers and starters.

So not only dose it effect when they are ready but the room as a whole. they missed the first two weeks.

We have 10 seniors that are starters this year. 5 are currently ranked in the state. And that will continue to grow I feel like.

We are in a conference with Perry, in a dual we win. Unfortunately we have no chance to wrestle them or EMD which again I feel with our full squad we win both those duals.

Top 3 teams at 4 A and Cathedral are on a different level 

We will have 3 common opponents this weekend. Indian Creek, Greenwood & and Center Grove on top of wrestling each other. 

We can only wrestle what is in front of us. Technically, you can say what you want. Missing 182 & by 1.5 lbs. 183.5 Weigh in and wrestling 220er is a swing... not 120.5 to 132. More than 36 pounds.

What is the actual record of that team? Why is it so hard to get their results and put them in? Are they 2-9? Going forward we may not lose a dual out side of Center Grove.

Franklin is a rivalry for Whiteland and we have not beat them in 25 years in wrestling. So forgive me if I toot our horn.as we do it twice in the same week.

Break the Rock!

Edited by buttler73

12 hours ago, buttler73 said:

Franklin is 2-6  on the season as far as updates show could actually be lot worse. And they are ranked 8th in 3A?

No details given so that things stay the same. If it is important to a team they should put the detailed results in. If it not then it's not. And maybe just pass over those teams that don't. It would be nice if this was mandatory thing that the coaches had to have entered. Maybe the home team is responsible for the details getting in. 

There is no way they are a top 10 team in 3A  WE had 2 FF against them this past weekend and a guy bumped up 2 classes. with two other JV guys on the squad. I believe they had a FF.

We had hard time getting everyone back from Football and on weight and battling a "Sicknesses". Our meet tomorrow is cancel against Decatur Central because they have flu outbreak has happening. It is tough this time of year when your trying to put your best foot forward

We may this weekend finally have a whole squad. Maybe not be on weight in a class or 2. But as close to our starting line up as we have been this year.

10 seniors 5 currently ranked at state level.

With Grandinetti & Brooks ranked in the Semi State.

Driver (195)and Farr(106) cannot be far behind

Pretty sure it is mandatory to put your results in trackwrestling for Sectional seeding. 

@decbell1You must have saw something, Our results did not change, and we dropped to #9. I guess I should sit on here and say how we are not full strength..............

We dual this weekend:

Valpo

Chesterton

Lake Central 

Hope our 4A wins can show who we really are.

Edited by brickfor6

10 hours ago, buttler73 said:

No all teams don't face the same challenges. Specifically when you have Football players playing in state finals. 

Problem solved. Updated rankings have neither team in the top 10. You are also right, only 12 teams total and 1 in 3A played in the football state finals.  However, health & weight management are faced by all. Good luck with both this season. 

I remember when the first discussions were had about when to host the coaches association team State. When it was through IHSAA it was in parallel with the State series.  Then when the coaches association had to take over, the only logical time was beginning of January since we will be bumping into conference tournaments for some schools and needed to avoid the big holiday tournaments. Personally I would have loved to see it happen either 2 weeks before Sectionals or 1 week before so that would give us a full season of matchups to see how everything plays out. Unfortunately many schools have their conference either 2 weeks before sectionals or a week before sectionals and logistically it didn't sound like those things could be changed. So we are left with last years results and a month and half of a season to determine who qualifies. That also means that teams that have a bunch of football players and a football team those goes deep into the tournament are going to suffer.  On top of that November and December are pretty typical for sickness flowing through school systems and teams. There just isn't an easy answer. Like everyone else we haven't had our actual lineup yet and will not until after Christmas but we have some solid backups to make up for it. The schools that have a wrestling culture will always win this case. Just meaning those schools where athletes prioritize wrestling over all other sports. Which also means the small schools will suffer more because usually more of those kids are multi sport athletes and their lineups aren't going to be as deep.

The only real answer to me would be move team state to a week or 2 before sectionals and go mostly off of the current years results. But... that just isn't going to be possible. I would like to thank everyone involved in making team state happen because it is a tough job trying to figure out who should get invited. The good thing is though I think the top 4 usually always rises to the top.

2 hours ago, brickfor6 said:

@decbell1You must have saw something, Our results did not change, and we dropped to #9. I guess I should sit on here and say how we are not full strength..............

We dual this weekend:

Valpo

Chesterton

Lake Central 

Hope our 4A wins can show who we really are.

Key words... hope and wins 😉😆

19 hours ago, rhayes said:

Like I said in  my original post, we have yet to have our full line up, LIKE MANY OTHERS. I now remember why I don't post on here very much. 

The Eagles look forward to seeing one of their alumni greats. Mr. Hayes you should know this being a coach... "Remembering is the hardest part."