Notable Sectional Match ups

4U2NV

14 minutes ago, Cappy said:

Purdy and Sollars are not in the same sectional. Sollars (#2) and Willman (#3) will wrestle for the first time in the sectionals. 

Purdy will join them at Regionals

What happened to Gunnar Henry from Brownsburg?  I was looking forward to seeing him battle Purdy and Sollars!

Evansville Central Sectional 120 lbs has:
1. Reed Egli, Mater Dei
2. Gabe Zirklebach, North Posey
3. Jared Dunn, Princeton

The bracket shows Dunn at 28-1, yet the Auto Seeds shows he has losses to Zirklebach and Zack Bulkley, so not sure if his record is correct.  Or what his level of competition has been.  

Also, without commentary/knowledge on specific wrestlers, the 106 bracket has 6 wrestlers and the worst record of the six is North Posey's Kaleb Baehl at 20-10.  I don't see those kind of records in other brackets.  Just an observation.  

24 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Evansville Central Sectional 120 lbs has:
1. Reed Egli, Mater Dei
2. Gabe Zirklebach, North Posey
3. Jared Dunn, Princeton

The bracket shows Dunn at 28-1, yet the Auto Seeds shows he has losses to Zirklebach and Zack Bulkley, so not sure if his record is correct.  Or what his level of competition has been.  

Also, without commentary/knowledge on specific wrestlers, the 106 bracket has 6 wrestlers and the worst record of the six is North Posey's Kaleb Baehl at 20-10.  I don't see those kind of records in other brackets.  Just an observation.  

Dunn is 30-2 after conference with losses to Zirchlebach this past weekend at conference and an avenged loss to bulkley earlier this season. 120 should be a fun one to watch at sectionals and regionals next week!

45 minutes ago, Ptown tigers said:

Dunn is 30-2 after conference with losses to Zirchlebach this past weekend at conference and an avenged loss to bulkley earlier this season. 120 should be a fun one to watch at sectionals and regionals next week!

Looks very interesting

Some of the Best weekends in Indiana Sports are about to take Place!

I have seen my fair share of Duals and Tournaments this Season. Mooresville's

Sectional & Regional are by far the Toughest in the State.  The Brackets that HIT ME

126 - Mooresville 

#1- J Buttler -Whiteland

#4- C Wyss - Franklin

#3- M Tharp - Center Grove

#2- T Hott - Martinsville

*Then 3 wrestlers fighting to keep going with 22+ wins and near .700%

182 - Mooresville 

#1- D Buchanan -Cent Grove

#4- B Driver - Whiteland

#3- L Bullock - Mooresville

#2- L Farmer -Cascade

*These guys have been in top10/12 wrestlers in EVSS Ranking during Season

Then most all other weights have 3 & 4 studs. Should be Packed and Exciting!!

The Avon Sectional will be Dominated by BBurg , Avon , Ben Davis & North Putnam.

Few other weights and Regional that stuck out to me are ::

145- Bloomington North

#1- Castelluccio - Bl. South

#4- Lommock - TH South

#3- T Lee - Northview

#2- J Neibert - Indian Creek

* Again listed in EVSS top 10/12 wrestler this season.

152- Southridge

#1- Giesler - Jasper

#4- Grant - New Albany

#3- Robinson - Floyd Central

#2- T DuPont - Tell City

* Again listed in EVSS for this season. 

JMO , Brackets that look very tough and full of excitement. So get out to a 

Sectional site near you and have some Fun!

True Fan and avid Supporter, Bigtoe19

126 @ Delta has 

#5 in FWSS Justin Boone (Yorktown)

#6 in FWSS Jayden Jett(cowan)

#7 in FWSS Kaeb Stebbins(delta)

and add in a tough semi-state qualifier in Dawson Brooks from Daleville who beat Jett and Boone last year. All these kids are young tough wrestlers which could make this weight really interesting.

6 hours ago, Jstephenson1356 said:

126 @ Delta has 

and add in a tough semi-state qualifier in Dawson Brooks from Daleville who beat Jett and Boone last year. All these kids are young tough wrestlers which could make this weight really interesting.

Can't wait to see you guys in Regional next week.  Loaded brackets top to bottom.

9 hours ago, Jstephenson1356 said:

126 @ Delta has 

The Jay County regionals is gonna be loaded for 126. Some pretty good kids are not going to make it. Gonna be fun to watch.

4 minutes ago, greco165 said:

Those 3/4 regional matches were just as cutthroat as ticket round, I kind of miss that

Yessir, I'm happy more kids get to experience Semi state but the Win a match and your in is kinda anticlimactic but then again why am I to speak for everybody else lol

Barnhizer and myself always has wars at Team/individual regionals with all 3 our matches ending in the exact same score 6-4 go figure

2 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Yessir, I'm happy more kids get to experience Semi state but the Win a match and your in is kinda anticlimactic but then again why am I to speak for everybody else lol

Barnhizer and myself always has wars at Team/individual regionals with all 3 our matches ending in the exact same score 6-4 go figure

My junior year we had 4 top 20 in my weight, I was in the 3/4 match and won. I value that win more than just about any other I had.

14 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

I remember when they only took top 3 and the Regional champ for the first round Bye and waited on the 2/3 in the ticket round...

Don't forget about only having 2 advance from Sectional to Regional during some of that era.  It definitely didn't help some advance when they were being stuck with some solid potential state guys in Sectional and Regional.

Even scarier though is jumping a few more decades back when they advanced even less through to the state series. Several guys would have been high state places, but never even got a shot to get to it during that time period. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.