Perusing the Instagram today....

Y2CJ41

If Gelen is all in, Im guessing the learning curve would not be that steep and he would be the top dog.

I agree I could see him being the top dog (or big dog) if he is wrestling. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Put a college-level coaching staff and partners together with a wrestler of Gelen's athletic ability -- I am excited to see what he can do!  Quality wrestling partners make all the difference, and there wasn't really anybody other than maybe Sliga that could push Gelen in HS

I found this on the Purdue Message boards: One of the site editors posted it.

OK, here's what I was told by football sports information director Matt Rector, who asked Darrell Hazell: "Gelen will be taking part in all offseason football related activities in addition to joining the wrestling team." 

Football winter weight-lifting starts Jan. 15. 

So I would assume that football responsibilities are No. 1 and if they don't overlap with wrestling, he can do wrestling stuff.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

If he dont make it to the nfl wouldnt surprise me if he had a successful MMA career...His father is owner of one of the worlds top mma gyms THE BLACKZILLIANS.and is a sports agent to many top Fighters...guarantee you Gelen worked out with The monsters at CAMP..I couldnt imagine an athlete of his calibur with access to this great environment wouldnt choose to benefit from it..what are highschool kids going to feel like when youve grappled with Anthony Rumble Johnson or Overeem when he was there...jus my 2pennies..

If he dont make it to the nfl wouldnt surprise me if he had a successful MMA career...His father is owner of one of the worlds top mma gyms THE BLACKZILLIANS.and is a sports agent to many top Fighters...guarantee you Gelen worked out with The monsters at CAMP..I couldnt imagine an athlete of his calibur with access to this great environment wouldnt choose to benefit from it..what are highschool kids going to feel like when youve grappled with Anthony Rumble Johnson or Overeem when he was there...jus my 2pennies..

Please tell me you're joking? That Glenn Robinson is a fat, bald, white dude! Gelen's dad does not resemble that description in any way, shape, or form. Intentional or not, that's hilarious.

That's funny.  The Big Dog owns Blackzillians.

MattM is juat racist. FCFighter170 doesn't see color, or height, or weight hell FCFighter170 might be blind now that I think about it.

You would think that the Glenn living down along the beach area of Florida would have some time to get out in the sun more though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.