A few things:
1. The Girls State Finals @ Kokomo were great!! The finals we awesome and they were done right.........great job!!
2. It's a lot of fun to see how much our girls are improving in the state of Indiana!!! The quality of our girls wrestlers continues to grow, and evidence of this was on full display on Friday night in Kokomo
3. I had heard rumors while we were there that there is consideration going into eliminating the 88 and 98 lb girls weights. I hope that this is not the case. The lightest collegiate girls weight class is 101. If we eliminated those 2 classes our lightest girls weight would be 106. Can you imagine if it were this way on the boys side of things? The lightest collegiate boys weight class is 125 lbs..........what if the lightest high school boys weight was 132? Crazy.
Also, 88, 182, 195, 220, and 285 were not full brackets. 98 was full. I've heard no conversations of eliminating any of the upper weight classes.
4. There was also talk of going to 4 regionals throughout the state, with the top 4 from each regional advancing to state.
5. Has there been any conversation of moving to a Saturday?
Just a few of my observations, opinions and questions.......feel free to comment or share
3. Is there