IHSWCA TEAM STATE

tangarrray

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spoken from someone who knows nothing it sounds like.....

i will tell you this, the 3A tournament ought to be a barn burner......the lineup most of these teams have is incredible.....

I concur...look, the Al Smith is a great venue but this year especially 3A Team States is worth the price of petro..

So is this site.  If you aren't into fun maybe you should stay off of it. The Al Smith is a great tourney but doesn't touch the Team State Duals

This sight is also to talk about high school wrestling in Indiana. And I was just threw my opinion out there. If y'all don't like it don't get mad maybe you should just stay off here then. 

This sight is also to talk about high school wrestling in Indiana. And I was just threw my opinion out there. If y'all don't like it don't get mad maybe you should just stay off here then.

let me guess...your team is at al smith, but did not qualify for the state duals.  therefore, the state duals must be a sham.

Date, Venue, and Time for this please?

Here is the info for the IHSWCA meeting that we posted a few days ago on this site,  if that is what you are reffering to.

Regional Reps and Committee heads, and general IHSWCA population:

December 8th at 3pm we will be having our December coaches association meeting (Shallo’s in greenwood). It is important to have face to faces every now and then to make sure we are on the same page as we move on through the season.  I have tried to keep meetings to a minimum as the year has progressed, but it is time to meet together and make sure we have all of our important programs in place.  I would prefer that you attend the meeting – but if you can not – please email a report to our Vice-President – Tyson Skinner – you will see his email CC’d here.

We have a lot going on, and it is good to make sure we keep it going.

See you Sunday at Shallo’s! 

Danny Struck

IHSWCA VP

IHSWCA Agenda

3pm - Dec 8th at Shallo’s – 8811 Hardegan St., Greenwood – off County line and Hwy 31

Financials:   

•  Current account 

•  other

Old Business

•  fall clinic report

•  other

Hall of Fame

Spring Clinic

Unite Magazine

Website Update

Team State Duals 

State finals table

Committee Reports

Tentative - Next Meeting will be Jan 12th at 3:00pm

Questions - send to Danny Struck dstruck@gcs.k12.in.us

I was at the Team Duals last year, and it was an amazing experience. The atmosphere was great and the wrestling was superb.  This is an event that all wrestling fans need to attend at least once.

The system may have some flaws, but so far the product has been very good and will only get better with time.

The word you are looking for is site, as in website.  Your sight is what you see with.  Just wanted to clear that up for you

I was at the Team Duals last year, and it was an amazing experience. The atmosphere was great and the wrestling was superb.  This is an event that all wrestling fans need to attend at least once.

The system may have some flaws, but so far the product has been very good and will only get better with time.

I second this statement t AJ.  The atmosphere of the opening rounds of the old IHSAA team state was great, and I'm sure this event captures some of that same excitement. Sure individual state is special, but I think its a unique feeling to see a large crowd pulling for every move of every single wrestle in the line up.  That situation is one we often done see in most regular season dual meets aside form a few major rivalries.  I just hope those that decided to skip the old team event because they thought it wouldn't be exciting to watch don't make the same mistake this time around.  If you allow yourself to get caught up in the drama that unfolds during these dual you will be surprised how much you enjoy it.

We are working on a few things to webcast the draw possibly but we will be discussing these ideas at our meeting this weekend if the parties interested in doing this can make the meeting.  Keep your fingers crossed

I think a great topic that should be discussed this Sunday, is the Seeding of the 3A teams for the upcoming IHSWCA Team State.  I know last year was to Seed the top 4 from each class and blind Draw the other 4.  I really feel with the Depth of the 3A Teams, There should be more than 4 teams seeded.

Coach Weimer

It would be cool if the IHSWCA paid someone to promote the event. Not sure who could do that though. That person, if knowledgable and smart enough, could do some really neat things to promote the event that aren't being done right now.  Probably a long shot though.

Who's good at promoting on this message board?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.